Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I have posted pictures, but I can tell you that the decals are great for all the little details, but, after using the decals for the panels, I would opt for masking and painting them. No matter how much decal softener you put on , the decals just don't settle down and look like paint. They're OK, but not up to RPF standards! I messed up one of my panel decals, and had to paint the panel (it had a lot of detail standing proud of the surface) and I liked the look of the paint better. Some builders here have done wonderful things with the decals, and others have said, from the beginning, they would never use the decals for the panels.

I think the decals for panels look pretty bad. Partly the thickness issue, but also because the grey etc panels have obvious halftoning.

P1060863-1024x741.jpg

Paint all the way. I don't think the masking is that bad in this scale.

The 1/144 Falcon was too small to paint in my experience. I used decals there but didn't like some of the grey colors as they were very blue-ish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For those who doubted that leaked Han Solo art was real a week ago, the Lego sets prove it is legit. The Falcon will look drastically different. You will also notice the same artwork in the corner of the box.

5XnHwM0.jpg

I like the design

I'm relieved that they have gone this route by cleaning up & filling in spaces, rather than just giving the Falcon a different paint scheme, the brief shot we saw of (supposidly) the Falcon in ROTS, she looked almost exactly the same as she did in the OT,...just a different paint pattern & colour,.....but just as dirty & worn with all the greeblies attached

This version looks a lot more suited to Lando....."what have you done to my ship?"

J

I like the design

I'm relieved that they have gone this route by cleaning up & filling in spaces, rather than just giving the Falcon a different paint scheme, the brief shot we saw of (supposidly) the Falcon in ROTS, she looked almost exactly the same as she did in the OT,...just a different paint pattern & colour,.....but just as dirty & worn with all the greeblies attached

This version looks a lot more suited to Lando....."what have you done to my ship?"

J

It seems pretty clear that Not-Lucasfilm is retconning the ROTS Falcon cameo into it not being the actual Falcon. Which is fine. You can barely see it in the shot.

It seems pretty clear that Not-Lucasfilm is retconning the ROTS Falcon cameo into it not being the actual Falcon. Which is fine. You can barely see it in the shot.
I know the ROTS cameo was supposedly to be the Falcon, it's a weak argument at being cannon... its more lie an Easter egg IMHO.

in my "head cannon" I see it as no big deal :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hoping to see some scenes in "SOLO" where Han rips some panels apart and strips the falcon from some parts to get the hunk of junk lighter and faster for the Kessel-run (lower mass to get easier around the black-holes around Kessel, if they still existent in the new canon), like a old "hot-rod" tuned and altered in our universe in the sixties... :) Would be the most satisfying explanation for the later look....

Na, I'm hoping that Han & Chewie win her at the end of the film,....Han hangs the dice in the cockpit,....& thats it.....flies off all clean & new

The next time we see it is when Luke says "What a piece of junk!"

We don't need to see her be the Falcon as we know her,....let it evolve

J

Has anyone tried little scotchlite strips for the sides of the cockpit to see if it would bring some light around the sides?

Scotchlite is designed to reflect light back from a light source. I don’t see how it’d work if the light source is at 90 degrees to the material. But I’ve never tried it.

I gotta say....I love the new design for the old falcon. It feels "McQuarrie-ish" in its own right. Strangely enough the thought of painting a clean and new Falcon is exciting!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back