Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

btw, did you build that 66" kit? if so, I'd love to see pics.
I am Admin on the NautilusSubmarine.com site, so I am pretty focussed on Nautilus stuff; but I am also a huge SW fan, so I naturally bought a PG Falcon (Hell, I paid $1200.00 for a 66" Nautilus kit a few years ago). I loved the high quality and the amazing build process of the PG, so I'm happy all the way around.

just noticed, when you hover the mouse over the last page, it pops up a message stating a Bandai announcement of the PG kit being offered with a 3 or 5 landing gear option. I went to a couple of site, some work some won't load pages, but couldn't find an official confirmation of this. Not that it matters a whole lot since I've already got the existing kit and waiting for the 308 Bits add-ons. Though I did see on Gundamplanet.com that there is a 1/144 Lando version being offered for just under 70 bucks...wishy washy on that interest. have any of you guys seen that momentary message stated above?

Just got an email from Tony 308, it's going to be a while yet for the ESB front gear bays for the PG. Although, for anyone that's interested...he's got some stuff in the works for The Lando Falcon...and some stuff for the ISD, as well as some new stuff that's not TV or movie that he won't divulge any details just yet.
However, if anyone is hot for the ESB gear bays and can't wait, like I mentioned before (at least I think I did) Tony's MPC bays snug up to the PG hull pretty nice, though they would need some contouring to perfectly fit, nothing too difficult. But if you go that route, get the set that FUD for 77.50, they are much nicer than the "strong and flexible" white ones, and only 10 bucks more. I've got a set and laid them up to the PG hull, so I know they would work. Tony is actually using that design and making the changes to it so that it will work perfectly for the PG. He's just got a lot on his plate right now.

Does anyone know where I could possibly source the water slide decals for the PG Falcon? I bought the standard PG Falcon on ebay for a decent deal and need to get these for all the tiny little markings and such.

just finished painting up another Hasbro falcon for a pal... lovely family portrait!!
RB-3Falcons.jpg

"standard"? I didn't know they came more than one way? I guess I'd better dig into mine and see if there are any decals...:confused
Does anyone know where I could possibly source the water slide decals for the PG Falcon? I bought the standard PG Falcon on ebay for a decent deal and need to get these for all the tiny little markings and such.

"standard"? I didn't know they came more than one way? I guess I'd better dig into mine and see if there are any decals...:confused

The box design is slightly different and says "Standard Version" on it. The standard version does not come with the photo-etched parts or lighting, either. I'm ok will all of that. I just need the water slide decals.

oooh! heck I had no idea. I'm pretty sure I got all that stuff. perhaps...a guy who has them can fib to Bandai and say he didn't get any...or they were folded and get a replacement sheet and send it your way...just a thought ;)
The box design is slightly different and says "Standard Version" on it. The standard version does not come with the photo-etched parts or lighting, either. I'm ok will all of that. I just need the water slide decals.

oooh! heck I had no idea. I'm pretty sure I got all that stuff. perhaps...a guy who has them can fib to Bandai and say he didn't get any...or they were folded and get a replacement sheet and send it your way...just a thought ;)

Quite possibly...lol.. I might try to reach out to Bandai and see if they sell the decals individually.

well let me know how that goes, if they don't or won't...I'll give that other idea a whirl :thumbsup
Quite possibly...lol.. I might try to reach out to Bandai and see if they sell the decals individually.

- - - Updated - - -

you know though...I could see the lighting and the PE...but to omit the decals?! that's Batha foodoo

well let me know how that goes, if they don't or won't...I'll give that other idea a whirl :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

you know though...I could see the lighting and the PE...but to omit the decals?! that's Batha foodoo

If you're willing to give it a go, it wouldn't hurt! The standard version comes with stickers... ugh...stickers...lol

Sure thing man! I'll get the serial number off my box (they're sure to want that) and find out who/where to contact. I'll ask my hobby shop guy, he'll probably know.
If you're willing to give it a go, it wouldn't hurt! The standard version comes with stickers... ugh...stickers...lol

Bandai is notorious for not putting water slides in their kits. Normally they don’t even put them in Perfect grade kits. The MF initial release was different because it was a P-Bandai kit and all P Bandai kits usually get water slides if I’m not mistaken.

This is as far as Gundam kits go. Although I have heard a number of smaller scale Star Wars ships coming with water slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought it was odd for such an spendy kit. I've got 4 1/72 Xwings and they all came with stickers and water slide...how odd that a PG wouldn't, right?
Bandai is notorious for not putting water slides in their kits. Normally they don’t even put them in Perfect grade kits. The MF initial release was different because it was a P-Bandai kit and all P Bandai kits usually get water slides if I’m not mistaken.

This is as far as Gundam kits go. Although I have heard a number of smaller scale Star Wars ships coming with water slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought it was odd for such an spendy kit. I've got 4 1/72 Xwings and they all came with stickers and water slide...how odd that a PG wouldn't, right?

It makes perfect sense if Bandai wants to pursuade the people who wants this kit in Japan (which is their main market) to buy from their own online store (Premium Bandai). The "standard version," i.e. the non-exclusive version, functions as a lure by being displayed on the shelves of brick and mortar model stores all around Japan. There are many people who simply can't pull their trigger until they see the product in person. By "crippling" the non-exculsive kit, Bandai can virtually turn the model stores into showrooms for their online store.
The model stores presumably hate Bandai when they do this for certain premium kits, but can't reject since they depend heavily on their supply of standard Gundam kits.

Well now, I never would have thought of that angle. If there is an area where I have only basic thinking, it's marketing and retail strategy. Thanks for the insight Lab, you're a sharp cookie :thumbsup ...and that's not sarcasm.
It makes perfect sense if Bandai wants to pursuade the people who wants this kit in Japan (which is their main market) to buy from their own online store (Premium Bandai). The "standard version," i.e. the non-exclusive version, functions as a lure by being displayed on the shelves of brick and mortar model stores all around Japan. There are many people who simply can't pull their trigger until they see the product in person. By "crippling" the non-exculsive kit, Bandai can virtually turn the model stores into showrooms for their online store.
The model stores presumably hate Bandai when they do this for certain premium kits, but can't reject since they depend heavily on their supply of standard Gundam kits.

This is a great thread!

I'm working on this model and I'm trying to learn everything I can about the Falcon. I've read that in RotJ, the Falcon had concussive missiles.
1. Were those depicted physically on the model?
2. Was she shown firing those missiles in the movie?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back