Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

in other news... just made this one!! it’s a 1/12 paper model!!
9D8632A2-F3F6-4201-8E3B-B1B86B1000A9.jpeg

This Picture reveals also a nice detail about the earlier mentioned wider gap between the disc and the mandibles - the right side of the disk-plating stretches more forward...Underside.jpg

Here's a different shot of the bottom hull (which probably also originated from Jaitea). Even taking into account keystoning in the image, it seems pretty clear the port side plating extends forward farther than that on the starboard side.
bottom.jpghull plating.png

Hopefully, this won't become a 'mandible argument' where it's going to require someone holding a ruler and calipers to the actual miniature before people are convinced.

Last edited:

Can you expert guys recommend a good way to clean this up a little before painting? I washed the large sections before I started but they are kinda covered in fingerprints and grubbiness after building. Would a quick wipe down with something like naptha be a good idea?

Can you expert guys recommend a good way to clean this up a little before painting? I washed the large sections before I started but they are kinda covered in fingerprints and grubbiness after building. Would a quick wipe down with something like naptha be a good idea?

If there is dust and large particles from construction, I use an empty airbrush to blow any junk off the surface. After that, I wouldn't be too worried, unless you put the thing together while eating Cheetos and licking your fingers. :popcorn Moisten a lint-free cloth and carefully wipe down any sections you're worried about. Should be fine.

Here's a different shot of the bottom hull (which probably also originated from Jaitea). Even taking into account keystoning in the image, it seems pretty clear the port side plating extends forward farther than that on the starboard side.
View attachment 778979View attachment 778980

Hopefully, this won't become a 'mandible argument' where it's going to require someone holding a ruler and calipers to the actual miniature before people are convinced.
I've used rubbing alcohol on past projects of the roughly 80% concentration. Gotta be careful with all those greebles not to break anything off however. Letting the alcohol boil off overnight is better than trying to mop it up and break anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Like the poster above says, a wipe down with some IPA Alcohol will get rid of any oily or grimey residues. It evaporates super quickly as well so will leave a nice clean surface. I usually use 90% or above.

Haha, yeah, some Cheetos dust, a little spilled beer, and you've got a good start on the weathering before you even base coat! Thanks for the tips, headed home to keep working on this beast while it snows outside. Gonna be a great day!

Haha, yeah, some Cheetos dust, a little spilled beer, and you've got a good start on the weathering before you even base coat! Thanks for the tips, headed home to keep working on this beast while it snows outside. Gonna be a great day!
Reminds me of a joke I once heard about a man you goes to the doctor because his *ahem* genitalia turned orange.

Now to get back on track....according to Facebook, Mr. 308 bits officially has his PG falcon.

I repeat: Mr. 308 bits officially has his PG falcon!

Let the mods begin!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Would it be a wild idea to paint this model white with Tamiya's synthetic laquer and then darken overall color of the model via weathering? In a ideal world, I would paint the model entirely using enamels, but I don't trust myself not to make mistakes doing the streaking and other weathering effects (I also have never experimented with varnishes and clear coats, and don't feel like making this model my first experience with them). I also don't think the AS 20 is quite the color I want.

Edit: I guess a better question is does anyone who is using the AS 20 have a shot of their falcon that is color corrected, or close to the real color?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back