Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai (& Reboxed as Revell) 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon

Has it already been decided that there won't be another Solo-Chewie focused episode? I was kinda hoping...
Very much agree. I've watched my 3D blu-ray a couple times now and it's really well constructed. Even the darkness at the beginning of the movie has grown on me because it intentionally lightens up and gets less monochromatic as the movie goes along. By the time they get to the final Sabacc game, it's bright and the colors pop (and Lando is in a tropic-themed leisure suit!). It corresponds to Han's character finding his "family" in Chewie. It's too bad we'll never see a follow up to show how Han got more cynical and surly by ANH.

Has it already been decided that there won't be another Solo-Chewie focused episode? I was kinda hoping...

They haven't said officially, but there have been unconfirmed rumors that Lucasfilm is putting the stand-alone series on hold for now. There's really no way Disney would finance another one unless the blu-ray sales are so huge that it convinces them it would make economic sense. Or if the fans mount a Clone Wars-style campaign to insist on a sequel. The original plan was for a Han trilogy, but I'd like to see at least one more showing Han getting into it with Jabba (how cool would it be to see a full-size Jabba puppet again!) -- maybe bring in Cad Bane or Boba Fett. But I think the chances of that happening are next to zero.

I'm with you there, at least one more...please
They haven't said officially, but there have been unconfirmed rumors that Lucasfilm is putting the stand-alone series on hold for now. There's really no way Disney would finance another one unless the blu-ray sales are so huge that it convinces them it would make economic sense. Or if the fans mount a Clone Wars-style campaign to insist on a sequel. The original plan was for a Han trilogy, but I'd like to see at least one more showing Han getting into it with Jabba (how cool would it be to see a full-size Jabba puppet again!) -- maybe bring in Cad Bane or Boba Fett. But I think the chances of that happening are next to zero.

Pretty much, since Bob Iger put out a statement saying that there will be fewer movies going forward.

As it stands, if people really wanted more solo stuff, they should've watched Solo in theaters.

For those who might want to recreate the Solo wrecked Falcon:

44289370_1878088932306121_2098274846185095168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

44232881_1877132049068476_3696644941116604416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

https://haynes.com/en-gb/star-wars-...LYyRMY84HuWqJhq5Lzd7jp0crYB8XZaxoCNbcQAvD_BwE

J

JAITEA! I was contemplating that recently, would make for a great dio. A little cliff, a little sand, an ocean backdrop...just all the panel cutting and inner greeblie work would be intensely tedious. Sounded like a perfect fate for one of the MPC's I still have in the closet (y)lol

I was thinking that too, be an awful thing to do to a PG considering the cost. A dolled up MPC would do nicely at a low out of pocket. I just sent Korban the interior stuff from a cut away...that one would seem a likely candidate. But for me....way, way down the road. but if any of you get a wild hair to do it...I got like 4 left and only intend to build one more at some point.
Some courageous fool is going to do this to their PG kit, and I look forward to seeing it happen. It will now, however, be me. :lol

Some courageous fool is going to do this to their PG kit, and I look forward to seeing it happen. It will now, however, be me. :lol

I was thinking that too, be an awful thing to do to a PG considering the cost. A dolled up MPC would do nicely at a low out of pocket. I just sent Korban the interior stuff from a cut away...that one would seem a likely candidate. But for me....way, way down the road. but if any of you get a wild hair to do it...I got like 4 left and only intend to build one more at some point.

Stefan Hacker is doing that to his DiAgositini Falcon

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/...ns Millennium Falcon/IMG_1082_zpse8plce6d.jpg

Holy cow! That's a spendy one to do that with :eek I've had mine almost a year. opened the boxes it came in to inspect it, then taped 'em back up and stacked it the closet. No idea when I'll get to that. I just bought it when they were on sale for the complete kit. But Hacker's project...sure to be an epic build. Is there a thread?

Holy cow! That's a spendy one to do that with :eek I've had mine almost a year. opened the boxes it came in to inspect it, then taped 'em back up and stacked it the closet. No idea when I'll get to that. I just bought it when they were on sale for the complete kit. But Hacker's project...sure to be an epic build. Is there a thread?

On Keeper of the Force

Kessel Run Falcon

J

Some screen grabs from a promo piece talking about the number of landing gear on the Falcon.

ILM designer Masa Narita is shown uncredited, viewing some of the untextured hard surface models. And they also rotate a view of the underside to show the 3 landing gear boxes.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.09.38.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.09.33.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.59.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.57.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.54.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.45.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.38.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.09.13.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 21.08.21.jpg

Interestingly the undersaucer view shows a different landing gear cover design than was used in the film. In the movie they used the same design as the previous films - square-notched covers.

well a buddy of mine just took his family there, and he said at the top of one of the rides you could see over to the SW stuff and he said he saw snow looking terrain or some such...what that means, and how accurate I couldn't say...but seeing as how all films but ANH feature the ESB 5 geared version, I would lean that way...in a hopeful mind. But either way, they're doing it. I'll accept whatever they do with it.
Off-topic--

Aerial view of Falcon being built at Disney.

Will be ANH or ESB version? Someone here prob knows.....!

View attachment 849730

- - - Updated - - -

Am I grasping...but does the aerial view here with the surrounding structures slight resemble the Bespin landing area?

I would hope Mos Eisley, it's the most iconic location being the first time we saw her. At least the mandibles appear to have the proper toe in :p

Took another look, I think you're closer to the mark bro
I would hope Mos Eisley, it's the most iconic location being the first time we saw her. At least the mandibles appear to have the proper toe in :p

Ha, me too. That’s gonna be one of my retirement jobs... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back