Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I'd say if they were able to manufacture the Falcon at that size, I'd doubt they would feel the need to use a part from another manufacturer & one which made so many balls-ups.......PLUS.....you can see it's accurate to the ANH 5 foot radar dish,....before the ring on the centre emitter got broke off

J

That's the one element that I hope returns. Those Porsche transmissions are like the muscles of the falcon. The TFA falcon really lacked that

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I agree about the aesthetics of the transmissions, they look hefty and purposely added by Solo.

Slight correction is that the Porsche transmissions only appear on the 32" for ESB, in ANH and TFA it's the Mazda Entex transmission which lacks the circular fin area and is instead a lot more curvaceous n bulky

6d9bacee27e992c457d6054d111a8045.jpg

de84d6d9949285eda862c1ddcc9c7ae3.jpg

An insignificant detail to nitpick but...yaknow ;)

It still looks pretty hefty to me.....yes theres a section missing & its scaled down,.....but in its place more details,....maybe they thought the Entex was too plain

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 00.24.50_zpsqkqdrbdw.png

J

Last edited:

The Entex is chopped & reduced....Top- the Launchbay Falcon,.....bottom - the original

Port Merge comparison_zpsg1wjiuvu.jpg

J

Last edited:

The kit looks great, but I'm not a fan on 1/72 scale. I wish they would make a Falcon kit this good in 1/48 to go with other 1/48 or 1/45 Rebel kits.

Thank you to Hawaiianjedi for snapping these fantastic images of the Bandai 1/72.....

2016-06-12 12.27.19_zpshwfoaiar.jpg

We can rest easy,....no worries about the Entex or mirrors sidewalls......ahhh....relax

Hopefully this gets a green light

J

Last edited:

If they go ahead with this (and I hope they do) I hope they change the pieces that bridge the saucer to the mandibles on the port and starboard sides (on top). Those notches cut in to the saucer are just... wrong.

Just noticed that theres a missing panel at the rear underside.....just like the 1/144 TFA Falcon.....on the Digital Falcon she has 2 missing panels either side of the engine flaps,....but the 5 footer it only has one,....the starboard

Missing Panel 2.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-13 at 19.13.43 edit.jpgMissing Panel.jpg

J

Man, those 1/72 scale guys get all the good stuff! Pshah!

JamesKenobi, you might as well resign yourself to tarting up a Hasbro Falcon like the rest of us poor 'pipe-fitter scale' smucks... at least there is hope (?) for a 1/48 AT-AT.

R/ Robert

Man, those 1/72 scale guys get all the good stuff! Pshah!

JamesKenobi, you might as well resign yourself to tarting up a Hasbro Falcon like the rest of us poor 'pipe-fitter scale' smucks... at least there is hope (?) for a 1/48 AT-AT.

R/ Robert

Oh I've already got a Hasbro Falcon and a few of the upgrade kits. Just waiting for the right time to start that project.

All I can say is: If they do release this; I'll be selling a Fine Molds 1/72 kit for a reduced rate :p lol

All I can say is: If they do release this; I'll be selling a Fine Molds 1/72 kit for a reduced rate [emoji14] lol
I'll be doing that AND selling an amt kit w/blue moon sidewalls.....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I've always thought the same thing about up-rezzing the 144th kit. Easy Peasy for them to do. These companies have a huge investment in tooling for their kits, so they want to tease for a while to get a real feeling of fan interest before they pull the trigger. On this topic, I wonder why they would have any trepidation as they sold a **** load of the 144th kits.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back