Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

All very true, I have not built or painted anything in at least 6 years, since the birth of our first girl. We have 2 now and although I have managed to find time for other interests, model making has taken a back seat. Once the Bandai was released, I jumped to get one as I feared it would be a limited release, when it finally arrived, I took a half a look and put it away. It's now in the loft, who knows when I will ever get around to building it, but at least I have it ;)

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

All very true, I have not built or painted anything in at least 6 years, since the birth of our first girl. We have 2 now and although I have managed to find time for other interests, model making has taken a back seat. Once the Bandai was released, I jumped to get one as I feared it would be a limited release, when it finally arrived, I took a half a look and put it away. It's now in the loft, who knows when I will ever get around to building it, but at least I have it ;)

That’s pretty much my strategy, too. I have a PG and half (someday to be a whole) Deag kit waiting in the basement for the day I get to retire and build models once again. Or for my kid to sell NIB at an estate sale one day.

Youth = time + !money
Maturity = !time + money

Youth + Maturity = Life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, as the Technical Director of a Theater Company, part of my job was to sit in the theater during Orchestra rehearsals to set the lights, etc. for them and then wait until they were done, turn everything off and close up the venue. Not a euphemism.
That's exactly what I do. I'm the technical director of an opera house.

But I no longer go to concerts. I still come to show calls for the opera, but I skip the orchestras.

So I no longer have all that modelling time

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i’ve just blown away by the feedback to my build and paint up. i still feel like the red-headed step son. all the others that have been posted have just taken my breath away!! with that, i humbly present a few more shots of my baby.
2D8FBEBD-FE2F-4288-8EB9-1165913B03B5.jpeg
551E66B3-5F53-4FFE-A3C8-7614525E982C.jpegAC8209AC-3477-499B-84C3-6DEAE1C38E80.jpeg9302B5FB-1AF2-4B94-A9C7-06958B1D1468.jpeg

Nice Pictures of a brilliant paintjob rhboyd.
Well- is there any advice for the (right) position of the dish? Before I glue mine (as part of a FM-modified-into-5-foot as you might remember)
it would be helpful. I always notice this "straight-up" Position on many examples . . .

Sorry for sneaking in again with my inapprotiate requests.
I am a hopeless romantic who still tries to achieve something out of the good old MPC Falcon kit.
Bt somehow I am unable to find quality Five Footer reference photos of the following area:
20180324_204025023_iOS.jpg
Could any of you PG fellas provide me with a good enough shot of your assembled-but-unpainted (or primed) kit?
Much appreciated!

right there with you...I've built 5 of those MPC kits. The last being the one with every available aftermarket piece there is. I think it looks awesome, at least compared to a box stock MPC which is absolutely hideous. The use of Shapeways pieces, more specifically "308 Bits" found there, and HH Miniatures upgrade kit makes a HUGE difference in the appearance. Though there are still dimensional issues with certain parts of the kit which can be corrected which can be corrected with extensive surgical procedures, which I've never done, they can look pretty good. And the everyday Joe you might show it to will never know he difference. And while I applaud and revere those who strive for even the smallest of details to be correct and they're amazing tenacity, I for one don't swim in that pond. if it looks good to me and I'm happy with my work, that's what really matters. I have PG that I haven't started just yet, a FM and even a DeAgo Falcon yet to build, and at least 6 more MPC's in the closet, and a pile of duplicated upgrade goodies I made molds of, I love building the MPC myself :thumbsupQUOTE=davidvaradyszab;4432368]Sorry for sneaking in again with my inapprotiate requests.
I am a hopeless romantic who still tries to achieve something out of the good old MPC Falcon kit.
Bt somehow I am unable to find quality Five Footer reference photos of the following area:
View attachment 804845
Could any of you PG fellas provide me with a good enough shot of your assembled-but-unpainted (or primed) kit?
Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

kamandi...was there a link or an attachment...oh, here it is in my reply post...huh, wonder why it didn't show in your post? that's strange... lemme have a look

- - - Updated - - -

krap...another link not allowed by my work system :facepalm have to check it out tonight on the laptop at home. whatever it is, thanks :thumbsup

Gtpony - I'll take another picture this evening. There's a few more pipes and greebles that went on after this picture around the turret and around the raised feature between the landing gear.

Cool! always glad to see what others do with their builds, most often I see things I didn't know about and things I hadn't even thought of. Thanks brother :thumbsup
Gtpony - I'll take another picture this evening. There's a few more pipes and greebles that went on after this picture around the turret and around the raised feature between the landing gear.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back