Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

(which is a pain in Germany because of the missing importer).
pft, you call it pain? I just probably got scammed on ebay, because my tracking number provided by seller stuck on "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". It took him week and a half to generate it and I'm now waiting another week for any update from USPS ;p I just hope that in the worst case "ebays moneyback garantee" will cover me.

I think you'll be ok either way, Ebay is pretty good about that kind of stuff. Some sellers though...lazy POS's. what was his feedback rating?
pft, you call it pain? I just probably got scammed on ebay, because my tracking number provided by seller stuck on "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". It took him week and a half to generate it and I'm now waiting another week for any update from USPS ;p I just hope that in the worst case "ebays moneyback garantee" will cover me.

134 positive comments for the last 12 months and only one negative, for "very questionable Business practices". After I bought falcon he got another 7 positives (last one from today, Item was bought few days ago), but also two negeatives for "not shipping item and providing fake tracking number". At first I thought that everything was delayed because of hurricane Florence, but he lives in Texas, not Carolina.

I hope you're right, because it was A LOT of money :p

I think you'll be ok either way, Ebay is pretty good about that kind of stuff. Some sellers though...lazy POS's. what was his feedback rating?

I think if it was me, and he had those negatives...I'd contact Ebay now, and complain...get the ball rolling early. I also recently learned a lesson I should have known already. bought an E-11 blaster on Etsy. looked good, the place sounded like they make their own stuff...but I didn't read enough reviews. Turns out it was just a Chritie's 12 dollar toy that had been painted black with some silver weathering marks...and I paid 50 bucks for it! my bad for not reading more of his reviews because later I read a negative where another guy said the same thing. I stripped it, repainted it, added some weight to it and some LED's. BUT, I shouldn't have had to do all that to make it passable. So, I know what you mean about shifty on-line sellers. Good luck getting you kit though, hopefully in a timely manner.
134 positive comments for the last 12 months and only one negative, for "very questionable Business practices". After I bought falcon he got another 7 positives (last one from today, Item was bought few days ago), but also two negeatives for "not shipping item and providing fake tracking number". At first I thought that everything was delayed because of hurricane Florence, but he lives in Texas, not Carolina.

I hope you're right, because it was A LOT of money :p

Well, ebay doesnt allow me to complain before passing estimated delivery time, so I can wait another week or two, maybe it really isnt any scam but error of usps tracking, it happend to me once ("label created" for week and a half, and then item magically appeared at Kentucky. It was also during biggest snowfall in the US in a decade, so I know my timing :p). Fortunately, I'm only buying stuff from US through their global shipping program, so ebay should know that they haven't recived my item :p And yeah, your story is exactly the reason why I'm doing it that way.

I think if it was me, and he had those negatives...I'd contact Ebay now, and complain...get the ball rolling early. I also recently learned a lesson I should have known already. bought an E-11 blaster on Etsy. looked good, the place sounded like they make their own stuff...but I didn't read enough reviews. Turns out it was just a Chritie's 12 dollar toy that had been painted black with some silver weathering marks...and I paid 50 bucks for it! my bad for not reading more of his reviews because later I read a negative where another guy said the same thing. I stripped it, repainted it, added some weight to it and some LED's. BUT, I shouldn't have had to do all that to make it passable. So, I know what you mean about shifty on-line sellers. Good luck getting you kit though, hopefully in a timely manner.

LOL, right?! Hopefully you won't end up with a lousy old MPC Falcon...but if you want one of those I still have a few in my closet :lol
Well, ebay doesnt allow me to complain before passing estimated delivery time, so I can wait another week or two, maybe it really isnt any scam but error of usps tracking, it happend to me once ("label created" for week and a half, and then item magically appeared at Kentucky. It was also during biggest snowfall in the US in a decade, so I know my timing :p). Fortunately, I'm only buying stuff from US through their global shipping program, so ebay should know that they haven't recived my item :p And yeah, your story is exactly the reason why I'm doing it that way.

For sharing.
1f31c3e8886b73ae602b08c327efdd2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay - moving this back to this thread. I've got a pair of ESB lower maintenance pits ready for test printing. Who here is actually going to be doing an ESB conversion of the Bandai PG kit?

I ask because I'm not. And therefore I'm not planning on slicing up my kit's undersaucer, so I can't fully test these prints! :)

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 20.08.51.jpg

I'm in :thumbsup I actually put off starting mine till after Halloween because I'm trying to get my Storm Trooper armor kit put together before that so I can wear it to hand out candy and take pics with the little ones. Let me know when you put them up on Shapeways brother, I'm happy to be the first taker. Also, thanks for getting them done so quickly :thumbsup
Okay - moving this back to this thread. I've got a pair of ESB lower maintenance pits ready for test printing. Who here is actually going to be doing an ESB conversion of the Bandai PG kit?

I ask because I'm not. And therefore I'm not planning on slicing up my kit's undersaucer, so I can't fully test these prints! :)

View attachment 845753

- - - Updated - - -

They're beautiful by the way :thumbsup I'm sure Korban will be interested as well, he's just getting cranking on his.

Tell you what though, Gus at 3D is a top notch designer. Everything he puts out is awesome. I got the first one of the Hoth Leia figures for my 1/72 Echo base hangar diorama. it would not be complete with out her. I looked at that lighting system, I'm sure it's nothing short of spectacular but it's a bit spendy. I'm planning on using part of what came with my PG and adding a crap load of extra on my own.

Has anyone used the falcon 3D parts light system?

I have not, but it looks like a decent kit. If you have any programming skills, you could replicate what they've done. But the work they put into programming and designing that little kit makes it worth the price.

If I didn't like doing things myself, I'd jump on it.

Tell you what though, Gus at 3D is a top notch designer. Everything he puts out is awesome. I got the first one of the Hoth Leia figures for my 1/72 Echo base hangar diorama. it would not be complete with out her. I looked at that lighting system, I'm sure it's nothing short of spectacular but it's a bit spendy. I'm planning on using part of what came with my PG and adding a crap load of extra on my own.

This is not my first build I was using this to grab more sales from my commission work. The last pg falcon I sold for 800 bucks the next will be 1400 with this system installed.
Here is my first one. It sold in less than 2 hours.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=101644

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back