Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Is free shipping an option on Amazon?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

(Snarky):

First, you have to realize you can just go to the website and search and find out, right? I mean, if you can post here, you have Internet access right?

(Less snarky):

It probably matters if you have Prime. Also, it probably depends on where you live, which isn't in your little side bar thingy. Moline, Illinois? Germany? Botswana? Rigel 7?

(Non snarky):

Now, if you want to know about shipping experience with amazon, mine took 4-5 days with Prime even though the pre-order said 2-day shipping. That's something you're not gonne see on the website.
Mike Todd

Amazon's shipping is dependent on whether it comes from their warehouse, or is shipped from another source. One of my "2 Day Shipping" orders took a month. I recently ordered something I needed right away and the "over night" package arrived 4 days later. Allow for slippage on the arrival dates is the take-away on Amazon.

I just made my final payment to culttvman.

After shipping, it came to $510 Canadian!

Me too. Shipping Monday or Tuesday. Very happy am I.

Oh, and in addition to having the payment split in two (deposit and balance) over a comfortable period of time, I forgot I can delay payment a further 21 days through PayPal. Much easier on the bank account.

Yup, basically same price as Amazon with free shipping except Amazon.com won't ship it to Canada. Still can't figure out why Amazon.ca doesn't offer it.

Me too. Shipping Monday or Tuesday. Very happy am I.

Oh, and in addition to having the payment split in two (deposit and balance) over a comfortable period of time, I forgot I can delay payment a further 21 days through PayPal. Much easier on the bank account.

Yup, basically same price as Amazon with free shipping except Amazon.com won't ship it to Canada. Still can't figure out why Amazon.ca doesn't offer it.

Do you know how long the shipping will take? I cant' seem to find any tracking info on their page.

It was nice being able to put down a downpayment in the summer. This didn't sting nearly as much because of it

Last edited:

I'm still showing nothing on tracking - USPS around here has gotten really slipshod

I got my Gundam USA shipping notice on Tuesday...and to date no indication that anything other than the shipping label being created has happened. I wonder how many of these are either moving along without the ability to track them or just sitting there.

Woohoo!
5f22c716ba526fc5f9c89322d8da1dbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another (not!) neat-o thing with Amazon is that I pre-ordered during the Jurassic period. It stayed at the top of my open orders, but when it shipped, it disappeared from there but did NOT show up at the top of my regular list of things I'd ordered. I thought it had disappeared except for the shipping e-mail. I had to go through about 5 pages of orders to find it listed, in order, on the date I pre-ordered. I kind of get it, but I was miffed for a little bit, and almost ordered a second one. They showed up as in stock at amazon and thought there would be no problems with a second order.

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just a box. It'll be "WOOHOO!!!" with CAPS and three exclamation points when you open it:)

The tracking info on my USA Gundam order finally changed to "in transit" and estimated delivery on Monday. One last weekend of painful, pee-inducing anticipation! :lol

Do you know how long the shipping will take? I cant' seem to find any tracking info on their page.

It was nice being able to put down a downpayment in the summer. This didn't sting nearly as much because of it

Very nice indeed.

They won't go out the door until Monday or Tuesday, according to his email. Steve is pretty good at getting things out and typically I've gotten stuff from him in about a week or so. I'd say you should have it by November 20-24, if all goes to plan.

Actually glad it's not shipping in December when the Christmas package rush is on.

Is free shipping an option on Amazon?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am not an Amazon member, but generally things that are sold through Prime or fulfilled by Amazon are free standard shipping when you spend $35 dollars or more. Standard shipping is (typically about 4-6 business days( or i.e. a week or so). Prime Members get the free 2-Day shipping (business days I believe)

I always opt for the free shipping. I've rarely had a problem with it not arriving before or within a day or two of the expected date. I don't need the kits right away

For the Falcon, I got it Nov 7 from UPS. It was shipped on 11/1 I believe

For third party sellers (especially from Japan), they usually price in the shipping and then list it as free-shipping, so in those cases I don't want to essentially pay even more for express shipping, so I do the standard. From some sellers they might include a tracking number, from others they won't if you don;t pay for the express shipping.

It usually takes about 2 to 4 weeks for stuff from Japan to arrive with the free standard shipping

I've only ever had one instance of a kit not arriving and in that case I suspect the seller decided not to ship it on purpose and would just issue a credit when asked about it
I think this was because the next day other sellers were listing the kit for a significant mark-up.
When I contacted them after waiting a few weeks, they immediately issued me a credit without any push back not even concerned what might happen if the kit should actually arrive or not (since I guess they knew it was never shipped)

Of course they were now selling the same kit for about $20 more when I went to purchase a replacement from them with my credit :angry

I have never paid customs or taxes on anything from Culttvman - or on any model from the States ever.

Only if worth is $60 or less I believe. This one's a whale of a box, though -- too noticeable to escape duties. Will report back once I've received the package.

Only if worth is $60 or less I believe. This one's a whale of a box, though -- too noticeable to escape duties. Will report back once I've received the package.

Nope. Bought the huge Wingnut Wings Felixstowe/Hansa-Brandenburg kit for just under $500 and paid no tax or duty.

Canadian customs and taxes are applicable over $20, which is one of the things we're trying to re-negotiate in NAFTA.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back