Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

>I remember when TESB came out I had a friend who complained non-stop about the extra stuff they added to the Falcon that wasn't in ANH, like the sliding cockpit door, the additional corridor on the other side of the main hold, etc. It completely ruined the movie for him.

The difference is that back then, that guy sat in his bedroom and felt sad, and maybe complained to a few friends - but nobody else cared.

Nowadays legions of these guys get together on the Internet and whine about how the films aren't exactly the way they want them to be and demand that directors and producers get fired, and so on. :)

Has anyone experienced this minor gap issue with the Y5 side wall?

595AAE19-A44A-4BE1-9B46-1893D9B89103.jpeg

Damn, that's ugly! I haven't started mine yet, but I'll be looking out for that when I get there. Thanks for the heads up brother:thumbsup

That’s actually not my build as I’m yet to start mine too, but thought I’d check to see if it was a common occurrence with the PG Falcon.

Ok, I'll buy that for a dollar:thumbsup. I'm certainly not one to lay in bed whining about it though. The studio is going to do what they do, whether we like it or not. That being said, we have no choice about being flexible, but I agree with your assessment. I'm just hopeful for, as you say "continuity". Sometimes you get film makers changing stuff just for that sake of it, say for instance the Batman movies. Not that I care too much for what they do with those anyway, and the Bond films for that matter. And, I guess the newer Trek films, but at least they had a reason (the alternate time line) to explain it. However SW is something special and I'd like to see it stay that way, and I'm just curious how it will be explained, if at all. I will say this though, I was pretty disappointed when Lucas changed Han shooting first, obviously for PC reasons. If it were me, I'd have shot first no question :lol
The explanation is that the ship in Solo is Lando's customization. Basically, he pimped it out. Based on the trailer images, it seems to take enough damage that by the end of the movie it can plausibly be transformed into the ship we see in ANH. Looking at those YT variants on the third image, I can see the Lando version fitting in there just fine. I think continuity-wise everything will be okay. When it comes to the Falcon (and Star Wars in general) I think it behooves us fans to be flexible about this stuff. I remember when TESB came out I had a friend who complained non-stop about the extra stuff they added to the Falcon that wasn't in ANH, like the sliding cockpit door, the additional corridor on the other side of the main hold, etc. It completely ruined the movie for him.

I am still "diddling" with my Falcon a little bit. But it is done for all intents and purposes. I jumped right in the day I got mine. It seems like many people here are hesitant about even starting their kit because of the immense pressure to do the best build in the universe. It seems many members here are too afraid to even build their kit because they don't want to be judged against some of the wonderful examples we have seen. Of course, everyone has their own level of expertise and experience, so it is a given that the final quality of anyone's build will vary a great deal. Also, there is the price of the kit. It is a daunting thought to think a person might screw up a $400 kit. But, I think that stashing it in a closet until you feel you are ready means you just "pussed out" and will add it to all the other kits in said closet. My advice is to just go ahead and build your kit if you haven't already. There is a wealth of information from accomplished modelers on this forum to answer any questions you might have. Chickening out isn't an option.

LOL :lol well tell it like is brother! For myself, I've got the whole diorama going with the PG to be the final piece, that and I'm waiting for Tony 308 Bits to come out with the ESB gear boxes, etc. I'd also like to see if anyone is going to offer up a PE set as well. Like you said, there are more than enough stellar builds here on this thread alone to use as a guide to a first rate outcome. And no, I didn't think you were referring to me...I'm just chiming in :thumbsup
I am still "diddling" with my Falcon a little bit. But it is done for all intents and purposes. I jumped right in the day I got mine. It seems like many people here are hesitant about even starting their kit because of the immense pressure to do the best build in the universe. It seems many members here are too afraid to even build their kit because they don't want to be judged against some of the wonderful examples we have seen. Of course, everyone has their own level of expertise and experience, so it is a given that the final quality of anyone's build will vary a great deal. Also, there is the price of the kit. It is a daunting thought to think a person might screw up a $400 kit. But, I think that stashing it in a closet until you feel you are ready means you just "pussed out" and will add it to all the other kits in said closet. My advice is to just go ahead and build your kit if you haven't already. There is a wealth of information from accomplished modelers on this forum to answer any questions you might have. Chickening out isn't an option.

It seems like many people here are hesitant about even starting their kit because of the immense pressure to do the best build in the universe.

Maybe. I haven't got around to starting it because I'm spending forever designing 3D printed components for it. :)

Why did I know that someone would take exception to my remarks above. It seems that there are always thin-skinned people who are just waiting to take umbrage to almost anything ... I never said everyone fits the description i proposed. But the are many who do fit. If my remarks don't fit you, just ignore them.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Why did I know that someone would take exception to my remarks above. It seems that there are always thin-skinned people who are just waiting to take umbrage to almost anything ... I never said everyone fits the description i proposed. But the are many who do fit. If my remarks don't fit you, just ignore them.

LOL :lol well tell it like is brother! For myself, I've got the whole diorama going with the PG to be the final piece, that and I'm waiting for Tony 308 Bits to come out with the ESB gear boxes, etc. I'd also like to see if anyone is going to offer up a PE set as well. Like you said, there are more than enough stellar builds here on this thread alone to use as a guide to a first rate outcome. And no, I didn't think you were referring to me...I'm just chiming in :thumbsup

Keep an eye on age of plastic on shapeways.. He's a member here and does some amazing work. I bought most of his 1/350 Falcon mods for my diorama... Very happy with it all!

UOTE=korben44;4459997]Keep an eye on age of plastic on shapeways.. He's a member here and does some amazing work. I bought most of his 1/350 Falcon mods for my diorama... Very happy with it all![/QUOTE]
I agree, I've bought some of his other stuff before,got some of his pieces for this one in a box of other stuff I ordered. I know I've got the entry hallway, and something else...just can't remember what. I ogt Tony's landing gear baffles and a crap load of extra goodies for the diorama. It was like 100 buck worth! the wife would kill if she knew what I spend on this hobby. :eek:lol:thumbsup

I received this magnificent work of art from SteveTheSwede on Thursday. I was truly speechless when I saw it. It's one thing to look at photos of Bandai's fantastic model but it's a whole other ball game to actually see it in person. Just stunning assembly and paintjob from Steve and a truly breathtaking kit produced by Bandai.

20180512_122507.jpg

20180512_123023.jpg

20180512_123136.jpg

20180512_130702.jpg

20180512_131903.jpg

20180512_132036.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back