Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I don't think we need to be too worried about that. There's no shortage of excellent photos available online, like https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!2981
If there's a centimeter of the ship anyone has a question about or needs to see, a quick post on one of these threads and I'm sure several people will come to the rescue.

Of that I have no doubt. It's just handier when it's right there on the page in front of you. We are paying a substantial amount of coin - a few extra pages wouldn't cost that much. Not that I'm really complaining; it just would have been nice.

Hello guys. I've been following this thread since the announcement but as I get closer to get my hand on one of these beauties I registered too.
I didn't do modeling since I was young but I felt I need to have a MF. I almost ordered the Revell one, but just there Bandai announced this.
I just would like to say it is good to see so many professional enthusiasts, I'm sure I'll get back here for ideas and inspiration.
I cannot wait to start building this piece of art.

I didn't do modeling since I was young but I felt I need to have a MF. I almost ordered the Revell one, but just there Bandai announced this.
I just would like to say it is good to see so many professional enthusiasts, I'm sure I'll get back here for ideas and inspiration.
I cannot wait to start building this piece of art.

Welcome aboard, Bolton! If this is your first model and your first Falcon, you're jumping into the hobby at the pinnacle of the technology. Many of us have wrestled with various inaccurate, difficult to assemble Falcon kits since 1978 when MPC released the very first Falcon model. You have avoided literally decades of Falcon disappointment and frustration, sir! :lol You're going to have an accurate, amazingly detailed Falcon that is going to assemble without glue like Legos. Make sure you ask a lot of questions, especially when it comes time to paint since Bandai plastics sometimes react badly to some oils and solvents. Glad you're getting in on the party! :cheers

Glad you're getting in on the party! :cheers

Well thank you for the warm welcome. I did some tank and plane but nothing compares to this monster. I never had the money and/or time and now when I finally decided I appear to be very lucky with the timing.
I'll ask for sure and reading posts from all of you I'm sure me and my Falcon are gonna be in good hands.
My pack was sent yesterday from Japan but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on it until late october as I'm deployed abroad.
I think by that time many of you will be way ahead with your builds.

My pack was sent yesterday from Japan but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on it until late october as I'm deployed abroad.

It could be a good thing that other people have a head start. You get to learn from our mistakes! Stay safe, man!

Well thank you for the warm welcome. I did some tank and plane but nothing compares to this monster. I never had the money and/or time and now when I finally decided I appear to be very lucky with the timing.
I'll ask for sure and reading posts from all of you I'm sure me and my Falcon are gonna be in good hands.
Definitely check out one of Bandai's smaller kits too like a simple TIE or X-Wing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Definitely check out one of Bandai's smaller kits too like a simple TIE or X-Wing.

Most definitely. Would also make sense to start with a smaller kit but MF was my dream for a looong time. I don't mind a long, challenging project either. At some point I'm sure I'll go for the trench run setiing. I love Bandai's 1/72 serie.

Is this the most expensive model kit you guys have ever bought?

And, are you guys a bit nervous about screwing up on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Granted I haven't bought this one, and am holding out for an ESB version, which I will buy, and expect will be comparably priced...) No. That would be my metal Space Marine Thunderhawk Gunship. One of a limited number, imported from the UK before they were gone, wood shipping crate with wood-burned Imperial Eagle on the cover, along with the serial number for my T-hawk, metal Imperial Eagle cover finials on the box, red felt lined organizing compartments inside, (rubber) wax sealed certificate of authenticity/ownership...

Probably a good fifteen pounds assembled and reinforced, about eighteen inches long and almost as wide. If I remember right, it was about $600 before shipping.

Here's an example of someone else's:

img4ebd85a3c2cef.jpg

Mine... Well, I didn't screw it up... But it is currently undergoing repairs after someone sat on it. *sigh*

--Jonah

Sorry guys for offing right away but in case you aren't aware:
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192
I thought as Star Wars enthusiasts you might be interested.
Looking at the mint prices of the previous UCS edition from 10 years ago it might be a good investment.
Release date is 1st October but I've seen 14th September for VIP members.
Oh, it is good to be a Star Wars fan this year.

Edit: I love how they made possible all the customisation. The dish, the legs and the different charaters, I wish this model would be the same.

Last edited:

My method for not ruining my Bandai falcon is to plan beforehand every step of the painting process and then letting the paint have a couple days to set after each process. I plan to just do what I did for my 1/72 xwing, because that worked out well. Also, by the time my falcon arrives it'll be too cold to airbrush in my garage, so it seems I'll have till spring 2018 to prepare for the paint applications.

I have however ruined an AMT Enterprise because I was impatient -- it was very upsetting

Looking at the mint prices of the previous UCS edition from 10 years ago it might be a good investment.

Edit: I love how they made possible all the customisation. The dish, the legs and the different charaters, I wish this model would be the same.

Hopefully I won't make this thread officially hijacked, but how does this compare to the previous bad-arse kit? Looks like it has more parts, so I'd guess it's "better" but I just don't know.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

I kind of laugh when I see the guys on the more main stream forums talk about a $100-ish jet fighter kit. I have two SS X-wings and one SS Y-wings. All were more, the Y was quite a bit more. And I have two DeAgo MFs, each was more than three times as much. (And anyone who bought a FM MF while it was OOP and got scared--they might have paid more for those.)
Mike Todd

I like the idea of building it but i doubt many people will destroy it later and build something else,Most of these expensive Lego builds end up being displayed anyway. Why not buy a more accurate model if you are only going to build it once.

Plus this LEGO kit is definatly going to float above $1K maybe even alot higher.

Anyway, thats just my 2Cents or 1.29pence for us here in the UK :)

I like the idea of building it but i doubt many people will destroy it later and build something else,Most of these expensive Lego builds end up being displayed anyway. Why not buy a more accurate model if you are only going to build it once.

Plus this LEGO kit is definatly going to float above $1K maybe even alot higher.

Anyway, thats just my 2Cents or 1.29pence for us here in the UK :)

I agree.
I can see why Legos have such appeal, but its just not my thing.
Ive always been more into accurate detail and the thought of a falcon made from little blocks and covered with little pegs is just a turn off for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back