Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Here's a quick couple of shots of what I did. I wanted to be able to pose it. Yes, the stand is highly inspired by the one John Simmons did. Clean and simple.
2e043879d8f51f3c9979b7d2d7178d8d.jpg
02c96b192f2d43ba1a2a955aa5f25f25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've thought about a tripod mount like that. My only concern is that if the ball comes loose if the knob gets bumped or whatever, then the thing can flop forward and hit something, getting damaged. Since there's a slot in the ballhead that lets the ball tilt down 90 degrees.

I use the same Panavise stands for my studio scale models that are much heavier. I'm not worried about it with the weight of this model.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A good effective way to display your model. I agree, this FaLcon isn't heavy enough to cause the ballhead to slip.

I really wanna see more pics and hear about the techniques you used when this is done!

I like the subtle weathering on this and the fact that it is not taken directly from the 5 foot reference pics online as it looks like the sidewalls on the 5 footer were "rusted up" after "STAR WARS" The best photo I have seen is the original MPC model box, that shows very little rust -Especially on the Entex. You nailed it.

Pledge with Future shine floor polish. It's name has changed a bit over the years. Used to be just "Future".

It's a very inexpensive gloss coat and protectant for clear model parts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's floor wax, officially now "Pledge with Future" (at least here in the States). Long-time modeling trick is to dip clear canopies in Future to give them more of a glass look. I'd link to product, but don't want to link to incorrect version (IIRC, you do NOT want Future for wood floors). Also good for gloss coats.

Future Floor Polish.

OMG! floor polish??? I've would never tought about that!! :lol thanks guys! :thumbsup

we have an equivalent liquid self-brilliant floor polish here (do not worry, does not work for wood).

As to cockpit canopy preference (a page or two back, by now), anyone who doesn't want to use or feel like keeping around the clear canopy, I'm still wanting one. Whenever I get my own Falcon -- ANH or theoretical ESB version -- I'm going to be using the clear one for that build, so I still won't have a spare one for my... other projects...

--Jonah

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back