Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Another gap. Also be very very carefully trimming the diffuser material. It is very brittle. I used sprue cutters like I always do and it just snapped. Hopefully it will be hidden enough behind the grilles.
1A894608-1D71-4656-93CE-B01EE82EF99D.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 781814

Another gap. Also be very very carefully trimming the diffuser material. It is very brittle. I used sprue cutters like I always do and it just snapped. Hopefully it will be hidden enough behind the grilles.
View attachment 781813
That gap doesn't look right. I didn't get any gaps along the airlock area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That gap doesn't look right. I didn't get any gaps along the airlock area.

Did you get a gap in the bottom well, like Clutch’s photo further up the page? Haven’t started my build yet but wouldn’t mind an idea of what to expect.

View attachment 781813

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 781814
The Force can have a strong influence on a weak gap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did you get a gap in the bottom well, like Clutch’s photo further up the page? Haven’t started my build yet but wouldn’t mind an idea of what to expect.
I just looked at it, and yes the maintenance bay gap is there on mine too. However, I wouldn't have ever noticed it until pointed out. When the hull sections are together and it's dark inside it's even less noticeable.

I had troubles in both areas of my build.The pit issue will become a problem when you try to join the two halves! I took mine apart and tried to rectify the part-seating issue with the pit, but to no avail. Then, when I got to the stage of joining the halves, it got worse because the pit standing proud underneath didn't allow the two halves to come together on the Cockpit side like they should have. I tried a lot of things, but nothing really sorted out the problem completely. I glued and clamped the two halve as much as I dared, so now it isn't that noticeable, but the blocky piece that overlaps the halves sits a little wonky on that side. Annoying! The side pieces for the Docking area were a b-otch to get to seat as well. Other than that, it was a very fun build.

I just looked at it, and yes the maintenance bay gap is there on mine too. However, I wouldn't have ever noticed it until pointed out. When the hull sections are together and it's dark inside it's even less noticeable.

Cheers for the info. :)

I think mine's pretty much done. :) It was one heck of a fun build!

I may go back and darken some of the weathering around the big blast marks just a touch.

Attachments

• DSCN0465.JPG
    DSCN0465.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN0496.JPG
    DSCN0496.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN0482.JPG
    DSCN0482.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 425
  • DSCN0523.JPG
    DSCN0523.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 395
  • DSCN0528.JPG
    DSCN0528.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCN0477.JPG
    DSCN0477.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN0485.JPG
    DSCN0485.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 378

Is there supposed to be this much of a gap?

Mine is like this.

DSC06182rss.jpg

There is a gap, although I am not sure if it's width is the same as yours. I thought it was designed this way.
I had no problem with joining the saucers.

A little update: finished painting the underside.

DSC06177rs.jpg

I have come to realize that it's quite difficult to paint a model of a dirty spaceship without turning it into a dirty model.

Mine is like this.

http://archive.a.la9.jp/DSC06182rss.jpg

There is a gap, although I am not sure if it's width is the same as yours. I thought it was designed this way.
I had no problem with joining the saucers.

A little update: finished painting the underside.

http://archive.a.la9.jp/DSC06177rs.jpg

I have come to realize that it's quite difficult to paint a model of a dirty spaceship without turning it into a dirty model.

Beautiful

J

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

So i went ahead and had a friend 3d print that stand connector piece that someone offered here in the RPF...but it doesnt seem to fit.
Does anyone have a photo of how this custom piece should look when inserted to the body of the falcon?
Also looks like the nut housing isnt right either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4fcf2d67b0f9e631f99b662cb500344b.jpg

So i went ahead and had a friend 3d print that stand connector piece that someone offered here in the RPF...but it doesnt seem to fit.
Does anyone have a photo of how this custom piece should look when inserted to the body of the falcon?
Also looks like the nut housing isnt right either.

I made and uploaded that.
Here is how it fits, provided that the file is printed correctly. You need to insert the part that goes into the ramp first.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262348&page=65&p=4335221#post4335221

About the nut hole:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262348&page=65&p=4335644#post4335644

Since you have it already printed, you need to make adjustments somehow to suit the nut you have.

Last edited:

I made and uploaded that.
Here is how it fits, provided that the file is printed correctly. You need to insert the part that goes into the ramp first.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262348&page=65&p=4335221#post4335221

About the nut hole:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262348&page=65&p=4335644#post4335644

Since you have it already printed, you need to make adjustments somehow to suit the nut you have.

Thanks.
Howver, the piece doesnt insert into the ramp. Its just slightly too wide to fit.

I think I printed it correctly. I downloaded it and gave it to my friend to print at the same scale it was downloaded. ??

I suppose I could trim down that area.
Also, does this piece require glue to keep it secure?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Howver, the piece doesnt insert into the ramp. Its just slightly too wide to fit.

I think I printed it correctly. I downloaded it and gave it to my friend to print at the same scale it was downloaded. ??

I suppose I could trim down that area.
Also, does this piece require glue to keep it secure?

The piece was designed to be glued, but may also be screwed depending on the material in which it was printed.
It is by no means a "snap-fit."

If trimming does the trick, then it might be OK, but mine didn't require any trimming or filing to fit in. It wasn't all that tight either. As I said, it was designed to be glued.

The piece was designed to be glued, but may also be screwed depending on the material in which it was printed.
It is by no means a "snap-fit."

If trimming does the trick, then it might be OK, but mine didn't require any trimming or filing to fit in. It wasn't all that tight either. As I said, it was designed to be glued.

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back