Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I'm probably going to need to go that route. In spite of my efforts to keep the lower turret easy to detach it's stuck on like glue.

What type of epoxy did you use? I have both Home Depot and a Lowes within half a mile.

Loctite plastic 5 min epoxy.

I slathered some on the base that touches the inside of the falcon, and then some on the top along the edges to lock it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am SO NERVOUS showing this here!! ohmy!!! filling my drawers over here!! anyhooooo... i think i’m done!!
97AEEF83-1103-4C8E-B02C-F7C2973A8C89.jpeg

Mine is sitting waiting for me to finish my home renovation.

I've found that home renovation projects are a great time to stockpile tools and extra materials to use in modeling. A scrap of oak trim can become the base for a stand, some joint compound can become a snow landscape for an AT-AT battle...

absolutely stunning paint and weathering! I aspire to do work such as yours :thumbsup in fact, I'm going to save this to my phone and laptop for reference for all my future Falcon builds. Yours is among the very best I've seen. :thumbsup
i am SO NERVOUS showing this here!! ohmy!!! filling my drawers over here!! anyhooooo... i think i’m done!!
View attachment 803792

I feel you pain there...I had a 3 day weekend last week, wife's been wanting a two sink conversion to the master bath. I started Friday at 11am thinking I'd wrap it up Saturday about noon. raised the counter height by 6 inches also. Wasn't as simple as I thought, and I have plenty of experience with such things. long story short...I've not been to "the table" since last Thursday and I'm starting to get irritated about it! of course I'm doing all this crap with a swollen sore right knee which has slowed me down some. She's got a list too, though I think I can balance it all...but I'm having withdrawal after 4 days :lol
Mine is sitting waiting for me to finish my home renovation. The way things are going, I wont get her started until some time in 2019 and this thread will be 400 pages of wonderful builds!View attachment 803829

I've found that home renovation projects are a great time to stockpile tools and extra materials to use in modeling. A scrap of oak trim can become the base for a stand, some joint compound can become a snow landscape for an AT-AT battle...

Yeah every time I pull out some spackle, filler, or materials, I wonder if I can use it “elsewhere”!

I feel you pain there...I had a 3 day weekend last week, wife's been wanting a two sink conversion to the master bath. I started Friday at 11am thinking I'd wrap it up Saturday about noon. raised the counter height by 6 inches also. Wasn't as simple as I thought, and I have plenty of experience with such things. long story short...I've not been to "the table" since last Thursday and I'm starting to get irritated about it! of course I'm doing all this crap with a swollen sore right knee which has slowed me down some. She's got a list too, though I think I can balance it all...but I'm having withdrawal after 4 days :lol

The renovation has been ongoing since November 2016. Complete house remodel. So everything hobby related is boxed away. Needless to say I have many many half completed kits and I’m more than a bit grumpy!

sounds like you have it way worse than me...you have to cut out some time for yourself dude, your wife should understand that. even if it only an hour here, a couple hours there...or you'll turn into someone she won't like very well. my wife knows I need that time for me, and when I don't get it I'm an A#0le and she doesn't particularly care for that side of me.
The renovation has been ongoing since November 2016. Complete house remodel. So everything hobby related is boxed away. Needless to say I have many many half completed kits and I’m more than a bit grumpy!

I hope you're your own boss, I could never get away with that. The only time I bring any to work is to show those who ask how they're coming, or to display in my office for a while.
I brought my falcon to work for when I have "down time"

That hasn't happened in months......

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hope you're your own boss, I could never get away with that. The only time I bring any to work is to show those who ask how they're coming, or to display in my office for a while.
I actually got into modelling because of work. I work in theatre and often have long stretches backstage where I'm babysitting an orchestra.

So rather than surf the internet on my phone....

But now I am my own boss. So I have a nice office full of my model stuff. I just don't have the time any more

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually, as the Technical Director of a Theater Company, part of my job was to sit in the theater during Orchestra rehearsals to set the lights, etc. for them and then wait until they were done, turn everything off and close up the venue. Not a euphemism.

This reminds me of why my brother, who is doing the major construction work for us at the house, went into business for himself. He figured that when the weather was good he could go fishing. Yeah right! I reckon I would have the same issues with trying to do modelling with my job. It would never happen. Just too damn busy these days. I find it ironic that back in my twenties I longed for a time in the future when I could earn a better crust so I could have more time to do models, but by actually earning more money I just ended up being busy. Ergo, I'm doing life wrong! Bugger!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back