Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Just got an email back from Culttvman. I will probably hang as long as I can and not request my desposit back until end of this year. I have too many projects anyways. heh.

We have just received an update from our distributor. Unfortunately, they are not receiving the number of kits they ordered. Because of this, we do not have enough kits to fill all our preorders.

We regret that we will not be able to ship your kit at this time. We have been told more kits will be coming, but we do not have a time frame for when we will have them. Originally, we were not expecting the kits until December. At this time, we are hopeful that we will receive more and be able to fill the orders before the end of the year. We will contact you as soon as we have further information.

This is very frustrating for us and our distributor. We are not the only company affected by this delay and this is out of our control. Please accept our apologies.

We understand that this is not acceptable. If you wish to cancel your order, we will provide refunds on your deposit. Please let us know if you would like a refund.

Thank you for your patience

20171103_185452.jpg

This pushy guy just rolled in and took up the whole couch!

BTW, one of the first things I plan to do once I finish my PG Falcon is to take a picture and Photoshop it into the original MPC box art. And thus a 40 year quest will be fulfilled!

Pah. How about growing up? Forget that childhood crap!

- nkg

(ps: I was gonna do exactly the same thing...)

Pah. How about growing up? Forget that childhood crap!

- nkg

(ps: I was gonna do exactly the same thing...)

I couldn't grow up if I tried. :cheers

A few years ago my older brother gave me crap about being middle aged and wearing a Star Wars shirt, basically saying a variation on the "grow up already" theme. I immediately pointed out he was older than me (he loves hearing that) wearing a football jersey from the team he used to fantasize about playing for when he was a kid and that between game tickets, sports memorabilia, fantasy leagues, and time spent watching games or discussing them online that he spends waaaaaaay more on his childhood fantasies than I do. So who's the bigger nerd? Haven't gotten crap from him in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note: It's a shame Bandai doesn't ever do larger kits. :lol

Perfect Grade Star Destroyer!

I would really love to see some large ww2 battleships and planes. I have built a bunch of the PG Gundams. All super detailed. Good stuff but very laborious

Now I have box envy.

On a related note: It's a shame Bandai doesn't ever do larger kits. :lol

I just got an email from Cultman saying that they will be asking for balance to be paid next week. I assume that means I was going to be in the first wave.
HOWEVER, on second thoughts, decided to pull the plug and get a refund- give someone else a chance.
Too many projects and a big Deagostini MF sitting in a box, unmade, staring at me every day!

I just got an email from Cultman saying that they will be asking for balance to be paid next week. I assume that means I was going to be in the first wave.
HOWEVER, on second thoughts, decided to pull the plug and get a refund- give someone else a chance.
Too many projects and a big Deagostini MF sitting in a box, unmade, staring at me every day!
Yeah I got the same email.

But considering I won't be able to dive into this for a while I let them know to move me to wave 2 of the shipments.

I'm good to wait a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Same email. Pisses me off because he demanded a big deposit so I wouldn't screw him and then the opposite happened. I got the refund- right after I requested it, pretty cool- and went through Amazon. More expensive but ill get it Sunday.

Although, looking at the side-by-side cockpit photos, I'm starting to think the model could use a 3D printed canopy window frame scaled from the 5 footer. The styrene kit part in the kit looks to "thick" to me now.

I didn't realize this until you brought it up. It doesn't bother me that much though.

I got the "good" email from Cult:

"This is a status update on your preorder for the Millennium Falcon 1:72 scale Perfect Grade from Bandai . This is just a status update. We are not asking for payment yet.

"We are expecting our first shipment of this kit to arrive sometime between November 10 and 15th. We will be contacting you next week for payment. We have a limited number coming at this time. Please be ready to complete your purchase. If for some reason you do not wish to purchase the kit at this time, we can provide a refund of your deposit. Please let use know."

Earlier than I was expecting, but I will be pulling the trigger on this. I can only wait so long :)

looking at the side-by-side cockpit photos, I'm starting to think the model could use a 3D printed canopy window frame scaled from the 5 footer. The styrene kit part in the kit looks to "thick" to me now.

The easiest way to address this, is to simply use a sandpaper or a knife from the inside to scrape off the "thickness" to your liking, which is what I did (just a bit though).

P2030739rS.jpgP2030734RS.jpg

I could have gone further to make it thinner, but left it as above.
I think it would be difficult to polish a 3D print to match the smoothness and sharpness of the kit canopy.

As I proceed with the assembly, I cannot help appreciating the beauty of the side view of this ship.

P2030755RS.jpg

EE89 said:
looking at the side-by-side cockpit photos, I'm starting to think the model could use a 3D printed canopy window frame scaled from the 5 footer. The styrene kit part in the kit looks to "thick" to me now.

Just cut away the side vertical frames and replace them with Evergreen strips.

Got the same message from Steve at cutltvman, I'm going to wait it out & see, I'm not in a rush to get this at the moment.

My Falcon is sitting at my regional parcelforce depot, but i cant get it due to a lack of funds till friday, I even paid for faster shipping thinking it would take at least another week but sods law its six days before i get paid :(

Import duty is a bitch in the UK, its around £70 i think.

Glad i skipped that cultman store,he seemed very reluctant to take my money which is odd for a seller. I got mine from ebay in the end.

I immediately pointed out he was older than me (he loves hearing that) wearing a football jersey from the team he used to fantasize about playing for when he was a kid and that between game tickets, sports memorabilia, fantasy leagues, and time spent watching games or discussing them online that he spends waaaaaaay more on his childhood fantasies than I do. So who's the bigger nerd? Haven't gotten crap from him in a while.

Yeah. Pointless pursuits like following football teams, which are just giant corporations anyway, are far more socially accepted somehow than stuff like building starship models.

But I can tell you I've learned so much about plastics technology, about paint techniques, about electronics and LEDs, about programming microcontrollers, about soldering and wiring, about 3D modelling and printing, about all kinds of stuff that's been invaluable in other aspects of life. Versus drinking beer and hooting in front of a TV as a bunch of massively overpaid meaty men hurl or kick a ball around! Which is more useful?

Plus, modelmaking is fun!

The easiest way to address this, is to simply use a sandpaper or a knife from the inside to scrape off the "thickness" to your liking, which is what I did (just a bit though).

View attachment 771086View attachment 771087

And it's really only the thickness right at the edges that you need to worry about. You don't need to thin the entire cockpit wall, just that line that's visible to make it look like the walls are thinner. The longer sections of the frame will be the most delicate, so just take your time.

Yeah. Pointless pursuits like following football teams, which are just giant corporations anyway, are far more socially accepted somehow than stuff like building starship models.

I enjoy football and baseball (when my teams aren't driving me crazy) and other sports. I love watching the Olympics. I definitely appreciate the athleticism, strategy, and performance that goes into sports. It's just that the competitiveness of sports too easily breeds unnecessary social competitiveness -- i.e. jocks vs. nerds BS. The take away for everyone to remember is not to crap on other people's hobbies and interests. People are entitled to like what they like (as long as it's not harmful, of course).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back