Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

The latter.
I think it would be difficult for another company to produce and sell this kit at the same price.

I was worried for a second there. But again, I was looking at the many pictures on the web and thought you can only say this the positive way.

Last edited:

I have begun to think that the unnaturally stiff poses of those figures are precisely intended that way; they echo the poses of those which were included in plastic models back in the 70s; a kind of homage to what the Falcon is made of. Which reminds me that Star Wars itself was paying homage to many sci-fi films like Flash Gordon.

I think it's more a matter of figures not being Bandai's thing. The ships are great, but the figures are very simplified and mannequin like. I've seen much better figures made decades ago.

For 1/72 scale figures, they're amazingly accurate looking. Chewbacca looks spot on, as do the rest.

That's the weird and frustrating thing. The details at the microscopic level are amazing. The facial features are immediately recognizable despite the small scale. The costumes are perfect. Yet the figures are totally useless because of their identical bolt-upright unrealistic postures! Weird.

And time-consuming, as I have to build my own 3D figures to print. (but I can't distribute these because of the restrictive licences of the figure-making software)

That's the weird and frustrating thing. The details at the microscopic level are amazing. The facial features are immediately recognizable despite the small scale. The costumes are perfect. Yet the figures are totally useless because of their identical bolt-upright unrealistic postures! Weird.

And time-consuming, as I have to build my own 3D figures to print. (but I can't distribute these because of the restrictive licences of the figure-making software)

Oh no,...that's definitely put me off now

Bandai have really dropped the ball on this one:D

J

The heads on the figures (except Chewie) look easy to re-position. Same with Threepio's arms. For any other pose, buy a 1/72 figure set (there are tons of them) that have the right legs or arms and start splicing.

Me, I'm making two cockpits: the studio model version and the ANH short cockpit that (hopefully) I can swap out. I'm doing the "That's no moon..." moment with Obi-Wan and Luke standing just behind Han and Chewie. Something sorta like this...
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-7408.jpg

I like to think that was their postures when they first saw the Death Star.

Wow thanks! Your right, that really helps me appreciate how big the Falcon really is!

One thing is for sure, that dude in the video would not have a clue of what to do if a girl were to come sit on his lap. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

One thing is for sure, that dude in the video would not have a clue of what to do if a girl were to come sit on his lap. [emoji38]

Dude. This is an Internet forum where a bunch of us are talking about spending tons of money on a plastic model fantasy spaceship. Let's not throw stones about who's nerdier than who!

Dude. This is an Internet forum where a bunch of us are talking about spending tons of money on a plastic model fantasy spaceship. Let's not throw stones about who's nerdier than who!

The ladies seem to be into that sort of thing nowadays. Pretty irritating, really. They certainly weren't that way when _I_ was a nerd... :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True, but there's a HUUUUUGE difference between being a closet nerd and being 100% socially inept and not being able to live in the real world or live outside mom and dad's basement. I can take my wife out on a date without talking about star wars.

True, but there's a HUUUUUGE difference between being a closet nerd and being 100% socially inept and not being able to live in the real world or live outside mom and dad's basement. I can take my wife out on a date without talking about star wars.

I Force my wife to listen to me. She does a pretty good job of pretending she's listening.... or my Jedi mind trick might be working.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back