Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I have a DeAgo and have built and given away 2 1/72 FM falcons. If I was you,I would get a Bandai. I am heavily modifying my DeAgo with 3D parts I've made to change out many of the 32" details to 5', but I'm not the guy who builds models of filming Miniatures, I'm building a model of the Falcon and to me that is the 5 footer, but I'm not a rivet counter by any stretch, I just want it to look "right" to me. The Bandai, as noted, is going to go together with ease and need no mods really. I will buy a Bandai as its more "desk size" than the DeAgo, which is going to be a large wall display in my home theatre with my SS models and props.

Indeed. I think I have to choose between the DeAgostini and Bandai 1:72 models. The Bandai is vastly superior and plays into my childhood memories better. But the DeAgostini is a crappier kit and therefore more fun to modify and improve. But I don't really need both!

I agree about one of the good things about the Deago being its size. I like the Hasbro for the same reason. It feels like what it would be like to have the real studio model.

I dunno... I feel the DeAgo is too big. I mean, I live in a small British house these days, and I don't really want to dominate any particular room with a big honkin' symbol of nerd pride! :)

So I couldn't hold out any longer. I had a gift card for my 20 year anniversary at work and pre-ordered the Amazon one. $399 with free shipping, but there was $23 dollars in tax, so it came to $422 total

Release date October 31, delivery expected Nov 6 to 8

I guess I can sell off those MPC ones now

Hopefully the price of the MPC kits will begin to go down now.... it's a diamond in the rough, with all Tony's shapeways work, my resin kit, the bluemoon kit, and the ingenuity of modeller's it doesn't take an unreasonable amount of work to make it shine.
But it sure isn't worth the £70+ people are asking on ebay....maybe £40 maximum

31967405221_b68e46aec6_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

It's interesting. You can really see the different quality levels of painting in these different promotional models! This most recent one also has all those halftoned decals.

Great images in that piece!

My only complaint is I wish they'd made the option for an ESB undercarriage. With their precision moulding they could have done a pair of replacement parts that align with the panel joins, making any swap-out undetectable! (unlike the demo model they had on display a couple years ago, where you could see the join lines underneath)

Ah well.

Also, it's pretty cool that they were able to incorporate information from the new Japanese Chronicles book. 40 years later, and there's never been a better time to build a thoroughly-researched model!

Its starting to seem obvious why the price is so high. The man hours going into the design must have been huge. the Finemolds falcon just seems basic now,not that its a bad model though :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back