Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Some people are more knowledgeable than others in certain fields ! :cool:lol .
Your comment above Eagle 1 , is just one of the reasons I appreciate this community so much ... the continual sharing of information , help , advice and encouragement .

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this the part?

...a hammer?

hammer 2.jpghammer.jpg

J

If it was from Tamiya's 1:35 Panzer A kit, then presumably it was the sledgehammer that sits on the right deck.

tiger-a.jpg

Last edited:

Haha...okayyyyyy...its been known for years though, just never came up in conversation.

But we didn't know it was missing from the Bandai kit until Lab pointed it out. So the part ID is a Tamiya 1/35 Panther A (and thanks for that info), but at least in my head canon that part on the "real" Falcon will forevermore be the Lab Conduit. As in "Hey eagle 1, how are you planning to scratchbuild the missing Lab Conduit." :lol:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Streaking...streaking...a lot of work today ;)

Nice work, Unes! :thumbsup

...there exists a zvesda 1/100 Panther A, but i doubt that the part is included there as a separate piece... ;-)

...there exists a zvesda 1/100 Panther A, but i doubt that the part is included there as a separate piece... ;-)
A good reminder we are talking different scales.

5' Falcon (approx 1:43 scale?) Used 1:35 tank parts

1:72 PG Bandai Falcon would need approx 1:X scale tank parts. Solve for X.

I won't embarrass myself with math, but the 1:100 scale isn't a bad ratio approximation.

All that said, we are talking scale representations of different model interpretations.... might be better to scratchbuild something that just looks about right to your Mark 1 eyeball.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oops, sorry. The Tiger I ausf A wirecutter isn't missing from the Bandai PG. It, like the Kettenkrad half-cylinder, simply has filled-in areas where there should be gaps.

I guess in my mind I'm sort of equating "missing" and "not 100% perfect" parts, since I've made replicas. :)

The other actual missing part was mentioned on here by Stuart Brown - it's the three bar railing from the German 8 ton semi truck.

- nkg

On page 94 of the OT Chronicles book there's this photo showing that the handle of the sledgehammer rests above the surface of the hull plate.
Lab hammer.jpgIMG_9191.jpg
I just did a quick scratch build using the thinnest brass wire in my collection for the handle and some styrene for the head. Since I wanted the piece to rest above the hull plate without worrying about it falling off, I bent the wire at a 45 degree angle and drilled a corresponding hole in the plate just above the molded on rectangle. Since the "handle" now slots into the plate hole, that piece isn't going anywhere. It's not an exact match to the original, but for me, having that shadowline beneath the part is the important part.
IMG_9192.jpgIMG_9200.jpgIMG_9201.jpgIMG_9203.jpg
And throughout the entire process, Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" was stuck in my head, except I changed the lyrics to "Lab Hammer." :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, sorry. The Tiger I ausf A wirecutter isn't missing from the Bandai PG. It, like the Kettenkrad half-cylinder, simply has filled-in areas where there should be gaps.

I guess in my mind I'm sort of equating "missing" and "not 100% perfect" parts, since I've made replicas. :)

The other actual missing part was mentioned on here by Stuart Brown - it's the three bar railing from the German 8 ton semi truck.

- nkg

Wup, I must've missed some posts. Could you show me where those two parts are? Now I'm freakin' out.

BTW, my JoeCS original cockpit prints arrived from Shapeways and they're bee-YOOT-iffle! Thanks again, Joe! Now I need to pick up an amber SMT to backlight the top panel.
IMG_9178.jpgIMG_9184.jpg
I kinda wish there was was a photoetch piece for the gauges, but that would be teeny tiny.
Graphic.jpg

BTW, my JoeCS original cockpit prints arrived from Shapeways and they're bee-YOOT-iffle! Thanks again, Joe! Now I need to pick up an amber SMT to backlight the top panel.

I kinda wish there was was a photoetch piece for the gauges, but that would be teeny tiny.

My pleasure! You could always try to poke out the shapes and such on the graphic for that part, but even that might be a challenge because of how small it is.

When I was growing up, my dad was really into radio controlled airplanes. Him and his club always had such distain for static modellers. They always called them a bunch of "rivet counters"

I'm proud to see this thread officially prove my dad right.

And I'm proud to be on this side of that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've been way too busy to work on mine, and too busy to even post here but wow-
everyone's Falcons are looking incredible!

That stand looks amazing D.S.!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back