Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

this will get its own thread but for now a quick look at the new Falcon
Built by Alex Hutchings https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6rgRfl7sB/
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.02.04 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.02.22 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.02.33 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.02.47 pm.png
from The Star Wars Show (6:52)
https://youtu.be/cZAryCaRE3k?t=6m52s

Last edited:

Its pretty uninspiring. Hopefully that's not the actual filming miniature and just some study maquette.

They don't really use actual miniatures anymore. It's an Art Department Study model, based on a finemolds falcon, I believe..

They don't really use actual miniatures anymore. It's an Art Department Study model, based on a finemolds falcon, I believe..

Yep it is indeed

Here's the Modded & un modded FM 1/72.....look at the thickness of the hull plating.....& how tiny & skinny the cockpit walkway looks now

attachment.php

J

So instead of selling my revel master (fine molds) version I can just convert it to the solo anthologies version - fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason that the cockpit tunnel looks thinner on the new/old falcon is because the ship is covered with fairings...fairings that will eventually come off. All of the greeblies and access panels are just hiding under the paneling.

Sure, it's jarring to see a different look on such an iconic space ship, but I think it makes sense. I am really excited about the Solo film, it looks amazing.

So instead of selling my revel master (fine molds) version I can just convert it to the solo anthologies version - fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite. The physical model in the videos is just a prototype made from a modified FM 1/72, but the actual CG asset in the film could be based on the TFA digital Falcon and have significant differences in proportions. Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that soon.

The reason that the cockpit tunnel looks thinner on the new/old falcon is because the ship is covered with fairings...fairings that will eventually come off. All of the greeblies and access panels are just hiding under the paneling.

Sure, it's jarring to see a different look on such an iconic space ship, but I think it makes sense. I am really excited about the Solo film, it looks amazing.

Yes thats what I was explaining

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back