Subscribe
    1 Week Ago  Jul 6, 2018, 7:07 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4126

Lol! They even know how much they cost??!!!!
    From
    Northern Ireland
    1 Week Ago  Jul 6, 2018, 7:11 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4127

The Haynes manual:

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 13.10.22.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	828916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 13.09.59.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	828917  
    From
    maricopa, az
    1 Week Ago  Jul 6, 2018, 7:22 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4128

I've got a copy of that book also, there's some pretty neat stuff in there
    1 Week Ago  Jul 6, 2018, 8:43 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4129

Ew. They did the Haynes manual based on the 3-footer? Non-canon in my household.
  5. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    Brunei
    1 Day Ago  Jul 17, 2018, 10:50 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4130

Finally gave in and bought the Bandai 1/72 MF ( It was 40% off at HLJ.co.jp ). But can only get the Standard released. Will there be or is there already a 3rd party photo-etched parts and water slide decals for this version?
    From
    maricopa, az
    20 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 7:49 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4131

The bad news is, I asked around to the current PE suppliers and they say they have no plans to produce a set, being as the 400 buck kit comes with. And more bad news, you only get the stickers with the standard kit. Unless you know someone that did buy the deluxe version and still has the receipt and you will need the "blufin" contact info on the box and the box codes. Trying to contact Bandai is a dead end. I just did it for another member here who bought what you bought. I sent him my receipt and it sounds like they're going to get him decal sheet. (he told them it was missing) But the PE, that's going to be a toughy. So unless Bandai starts selling those items separately as upgrades, you're in a pickle. Sorry the info wasn't more positive...but if you know someone that will let you use their receipt and box codes for blufin, you can probably get the decals. Good luck my friend
    Jun Austria said: View Post
    Finally gave in and bought the Bandai 1/72 MF ( It was 40% off at HLJ.co.jp ). But can only get the Standard released. Will there be or is there already a 3rd party photo-etched parts and water slide decals for this version?
    From
    Woodbridge, VA
    18 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 10:12 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4132

That sucks. I was hoping to see aftermarket options for both. Bandai's decals are awful, I can see the dots in photos. And the etch is lacking in detail, that's the kind of thing that could be improved on. Green Strawberry's multi layer approach with the engine grills really added a lot of relief, which would look good on the cockpit grill as well.
    From
    maricopa, az
    17 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 10:18 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4133

I must agree, Green Strawberry was the first ones I asked, and they said they had no plans to produce any. Then I sent an email to Para and got no reply. Perhaps they think they can't improve on the stuff Bandai supplies with the kit. but one has to wonder...if Bandai is selling a lower grade kit without any at all, and the price point of the higher grade kit being what it is, you'd think they would consider that there might be a market to those who chose the lower grade kit?
    robn1 said: View Post
    That sucks. I was hoping to see aftermarket options for both. Bandai's decals are awful, I can see the dots in photos. And the etch is lacking in detail, that's the kind of thing that could be improved on. Green Strawberry's multi layer approach with the engine grills really added a lot of relief, which would look good on the cockpit grill as well.
    From
    Scranton, PA
    17 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 10:59 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4134

The only other option is to use replacement parts from Shapeways. 308 bits and Age of Plastic already have some better-detailed parts, but I don't think I've seen engine grill covers.
    From
    maricopa, az
    17 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 11:09 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4135

I bought 3 of the engine grille sets from Starship Modeler that fit the MPC, but have yet to use any of them. That might be an option. It's pretty intricate and once assembled probably looks pretty good.
    korben44 said: View Post
    The only other option is to use replacement parts from Shapeways. 308 bits and Age of Plastic already have some better-detailed parts, but I don't think I've seen engine grill covers.
    From
    Scranton, PA
    16 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 11:16 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4136

gt350pony66 said: View Post
    I bought 3 of the engine grille sets from Starship Modeler that fit the MPC, but have yet to use any of them. That might be an option. It's pretty intricate and once assembled probably looks pretty good.
    The MPC ones fit the PG Falcon? I have a nose cone and cockpit for my MPC from 308 bits and it is way too small for the PG Bandai kit.
    16 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 11:34 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4137

As for aftermarket decals, just the stencil markings would do. Don't need the major colored panel decals.

Someone needs to do us all a solid and produce such a sheet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    From
    maricopa, az
    16 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 11:39 AM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4138

Sorry, I should have been more specific,I was referring to the engine grille issue, which could be easily modified I'm sure. Though the general dimensions of the MPC and the PG are very similar. I was sizing up the 308 ESB gear boxes for the MPC I have, to see if they would work on the PG, and they would with mods (then I asked Tony to just make some specific) I'm sure you are correct about those other pieces.
    The MPC ones fit the PG Falcon? I have a nose cone and cockpit for my MPC from 308 bits and it is way too small for the PG Bandai kit.
    From
    Scranton, PA
    15 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 12:20 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4139

Sorry, I should have been more specific,I was referring to the engine grille issue, which could be easily modified I'm sure. Though the general dimensions of the MPC and the PG are very similar. I was sizing up the 308 ESB gear boxes for the MPC I have, to see if they would work on the PG, and they would with mods (then I asked Tony to just make some specific) I'm sure you are correct about those other pieces.
    I figured it was the engine grille issue. So the MPC ones you picked up from Starship modeler will fit the PG?
    From
    maricopa, az
    15 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 12:44 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4140

I haven't sized it up, so I'm not sure. I was speculating that it would given the dimensional similarities. however, I can pull the stuff out and see. I have quite the inventory of falcon parts...it's sickening really since I made molds of most of the 308 stuff and still have all the originals. I have a Blue Moon kit, an original HH kit and gobs of 308 parts for MPC...gobs. I have like 2 or 3 MPC kits left and figured I'd use the original 308 pieces on the next build, then the HH, and I may just use the Moon stuff on a hang from the ceiling build, just to use it up. After that I don't see doing anymore MPC's. As for the molds I guess I'll listen out for anyone wanting a set of stuff and offer to do up a set for cheap for anyone on a budget. One things for sure though...I know the MPC's now inside and out, top to bottom
    I figured it was the engine grille issue. So the MPC ones you picked up from Starship modeler will fit the PG?
    From
    Scranton, PA
    15 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 1:03 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4141

I haven't sized it up, so I'm not sure. I was speculating that it would given the dimensional similarities. however, I can pull the stuff out and see. I have quite the inventory of falcon parts...it's sickening really since I made molds of most of the 308 stuff and still have all the originals. I have a Blue Moon kit, an original HH kit and gobs of 308 parts for MPC...gobs. I have like 2 or 3 MPC kits left and figured I'd use the original 308 pieces on the next build, then the HH, and I may just use the Moon stuff on a hang from the ceiling build, just to use it up. After that I don't see doing anymore MPC's. As for the molds I guess I'll listen out for anyone wanting a set of stuff and offer to do up a set for cheap for anyone on a budget. One things for sure though...I know the MPC's now inside and out, top to bottom
    That would be awesome if you could check for me! Plus, if you ever plan on doing any molds of your MPC parts, I'd take some! lol...
    From
    maricopa, az
    14 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 1:22 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4142

Sure man, no problem. I haven't really looked at the PG stuff too closely just yet so I'd be curious too if it turns out I'm not happy with the Bandai part. As far as the MPC stuff, let me know what your interested in and I see if I got molds for it and I'll whip some up for you. Though I wasn't able to mold some of the 308 stuff as it just wouldn't work. like the front sides, but then I like the HH side walls better because they are a tad shorter, but those molds are all good. Rather than list everything, perhaps we can have a phone call this weekend and go over it if you want
    That would be awesome if you could check for me! Plus, if you ever plan on doing any molds of your MPC parts, I'd take some! lol...
    From
    Scranton, PA
    14 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 1:25 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4143

Sure man, no problem. I haven't really looked at the PG stuff too closely just yet so I'd be curious too if it turns out I'm not happy with the Bandai part. As far as the MPC stuff, let me know what your interested in and I see if I got molds for it and I'll whip some up for you. Though I wasn't able to mold some of the 308 stuff as it just wouldn't work. like the front sides, but then I like the HH side walls better because they are a tad shorter, but those molds are all good. Rather than list everything, perhaps we can have a phone call this weekend and go over it if you want
    Sounds good to me, man! Sometime Saturday would work for me. Just shoot me a text.
    From
    maricopa, az
    14 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 1:36 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4144

Roger that!
    Sounds good to me, man! Sometime Saturday would work for me. Just shoot me a text.
  20. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    Brunei
    9 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 7:13 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4145

robn1 said: View Post
    I was hoping for a Green Strawberry release also. I agree with Bandai decals. They need to change there decal printing method.
    But I'm still hoping for aftermarket products. I believed there will be more STANDARD released then the DELUXE version.
    And this should be enough to trigger the demand and the interest to invest to produce the product.
    8 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 7:20 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4146

Well, I finally gave in and ordered one of these with the LED units and the rest of the goodies.....damn. LOL!
    From
    maricopa, az
    6 Hours Ago  Jul 18, 2018, 9:35 PM - Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon #4147

I think so as well. The aftermarket HAS to know not everyone is gonna spring for the deluxe kit...and there in lies their market
    Jun Austria said: View Post
    I was hoping for a Green Strawberry release also. I agree with Bandai decals. They need to change there decal printing method.
    But I'm still hoping for aftermarket products. I believed there will be more STANDARD released then the DELUXE version.
    And this should be enough to trigger the demand and the interest to invest to produce the product.
    - - - Updated - - -

Great news! This thread is going to go on for a LONG time and that's an awesome thing. How are you Joe? Things finally back to normal? Great to see you chiming in again brother!
    Scarecrow Joe said: View Post
    Well, I finally gave in and ordered one of these with the LED units and the rest of the goodies.....damn. LOL!