Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

psimon:

Can you tell where you picked up those light saber wall mounts ?. I've been looking for something like that for the three sabers I have.

Thanks

LOL! I also just ordered the entire 100 parts early last week. Only saw the Bandai news this weekend. No regrets really. Shapeways has some upgrades I may use for the cockpit.

I also have the Master Replicas Falcon, 2 of the 1/72 Fine Molds kits unbuilt and plan on getting one of the new Bandai kits once released. Just LOVE me some Falcon! :D
View attachment 734016

psimon:

Can you tell where you picked up those light saber wall mounts ?. I've been looking for something like that for the three sabers I have.

Thanks

For my sabers I am using these: http://www.saber-stand.com/ (5 stands for under $99)
I bought mine years ago from a different store that no longer sells them so you may want to contact Saber-Stand to make sure they are still selling them before buying on-line (could be an old website)

Why doesn't the right hand, cockpit side 'escape pod' have modeled damage? They've modeled in the damage to the other areas, like the forward upper hull, dish area blast holes and lower hull scrapes, but not there? I wonder why?

LOL! I also just ordered the entire 100 parts early last week. Only saw the Bandai news this weekend. No regrets really. Shapeways has some upgrades I may use for the cockpit.

I also have the Master Replicas Falcon, 2 of the 1/72 Fine Molds kits unbuilt and plan on getting one of the new Bandai kits once released. Just LOVE me some Falcon! :D
View attachment 734016

That room looks amazing. Am I right in saying the MR Falcon is a professionally assembled and painted 1/72 FM?

Why doesn't the right hand, cockpit side 'escape pod' have modeled damage? They've modeled in the damage to the other areas, like the forward upper hull, dish area blast holes and lower hull scrapes, but not there? I wonder why?

escape pod?

That room looks amazing. Am I right in saying the MR Falcon is a professionally assembled and painted 1/72 FM?

No actually. Master Replicas built this as a proper studio scale replica to match the 35 inch filming model used in ESB. The detail is beautiful but the paint is lacking in areas. For example all deep crevasses are lacking paint detail as the entire ship was assembled before painting and no washes were used, just airbrushing. All in all it is still a stunning piece though.

What you are thinking of is SideShow Collectibles once offered a fully painted and assembled Fine Molds Falcon at one time.

I recently purchased the Falcon model from Model Space ( http://www.model-space.com/us/build-millennium-falcon.html ) because they also worked on the MR Falcon master and claim this kit is even more accurate in terms of surface details that are missing from my MR Falcon. I also sold my MR Y-Wing and replaced it with my Nice-N studio scale resin kit still to be built ( http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273160&page=9&p=4240616#post4240616 ). Nice-N Models built all the ships for the Disney Star Wars Display and I was told that their Y-Wing kit was scanned for the digital Y-Wings used on Rogue One.

escape pod?

Some older non-cannon MF refrences specify these features to be escape pods. Also I believe there are different versions of Correllian YT-1300 light freighters that actually do have large escape pods here.

Pretty well established cannon these are docking rings on the MF now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What you are thinking of is SideShow Collectibles once offered a fully painted and assembled Fine Molds Falcon at one time..

Ah, yes that's what I was thinking of.

Some older non-cannon MF refrences specify these features to be escape pods. Also I believe there are different versions of Correllian YT-1300 light freighters that actually do have large escape pods here

I see. Did not know that.

this bit, the thingamajig, the whatsamacallit, the doohickey..

4a0a4d40908583.57918119b6dc2.jpg

No landing lights or running lights on the ANH Falcon.....the 2 red lights on the cockpit tube were on the ESB full size set only, not on the scale models

I know. In retrospect I didn't word that as clearly as I might have. I thought there were still some lights on the outside of the ANH Falcon, but I admit it's been a few months since I've watched the unaltered original version (only version I watch regularly, and it's on LD). And despite TFA, I treat the red lights as being marker lights for ground-crew and equipment that only come on when landed. If there was anything on the ESB+ Falcon I'd retcon onto the ANH one, it'd be the landing lights and marker lights. I know the landing lights mostly correspond to differently-shaped features on the filming miniature, and if I were doing a flight display, I'd represent the four big floods as irised or fixed slightly-recessed hatches to fudge the difference between set and model.

But the headlights and those cockpit-tube lights I want as recessed lights showing through slats.

--Jonah

Someone on starship modeller was complaining that the mandibles are parallel again like on the FM, but it doesn't look that way to me. They look correct. What say you guys?

Someone on starship modeller was complaining that the mandibles are parallel again like on the FM, but it doesn't look that way to me. They look correct. What say you guys?

The 5ft only had a slight toe in. Looks pretty good to me.
millenniumfalcon_72_1_16.jpgmf.jpg

I'm sitting at work wondering if the 1/72 is going to be too big to replace my 1/144 on my desk?
20170606_102100.jpg

You don't want a 1:72 at work! What if someone steals it?

Or that guy who posts here who had a coworker drop and smash his model. A lot of people have no inkling as to the time and effort to make one of these things!
Haha your right! I actually had a coworker break this one. I can only assume he was flying it around when no one was in the office.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back