3D Printed Infinity Gauntlet - Build Thread (Pic Heavy)

Shotzy

Hey everyone! I wanted to to share a little bit about the Infinity Gauntlet build that I'm currently finishing up, If you didn't see my original post here is the most current progress picture (obviously my build is on the left);

VSYG3818.jpg

So I started by buying some 3D models from Do3D that were alright but they were missing a bunch of details, some shapes were wrong, and some pieces were un-printable due to bad geometry, so I ended up just using the models as a reference and whipped up some new ones (and modified a few existing ones) so that they were closer in accuracy to the the screen used one. After the models were to my liking I began working on the scale by printing a section of the palm piece at various sizes;

IMG_5685.JPGIMG_5685.JPG

After I felt the sizing was close enough to the original I then started printing, assembling and organizing all of the pieces. Unfortunately lost an SD card with pictures from the early printing stage but here are some from half way through:

IMG_5788.JPGIMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5803.JPGIMG_5806.JPG
IMG_6276.JPGIMG_6279.JPG
IMG_6206.JPGIMG_6247.JPG
IMG_6259.JPGIMG_6869.JPG
IMG_6266.JPGIMG_6668.JPG

I printed everything in ABS plastic because I love being able to use an acetone/abs slurry to attach and smooth out pieces. After everything was printed I assembled the pieces, smoothed out the parts with the slurry mix, patched and holes or uneven spots using a 2 part epoxy clay, and then sanded everything down. When I got everything to my liking I moved onto the priming stages;

IMG_6792.JPGIMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6733.JPGIMG_6738.JPG
IMG_6865.JPGIMG_6878.JPG
IMG_6671.JPGIMG_6677.JPG

After Priming and sanding for what felt like an eternity everything was finally ready to get some paint, evrything except for the stones were painted in a metallic gold spray paint;

IMG_6904.JPGIMG_6905.JPG

(Continued in Next Post)

IMG_6914.JPGIMG_6934.JPGIMG_7021.JPG
IMG_6991.JPGIMG_7033.JPGIMG_7037.JPG

Next I moved onto the red copper colored detailing which I did by using a special jewel colored acrylic paint which I brushed on by hand ;

IMG_7055.JPGIMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7038.JPGIMG_7075.JPG

After the detail work I moved onto the gems, I molded them in silicone before painting with acrylics because I'm currently working on color matching semi-transparent stones that will be back lit by LEDs in the final version. However for the first picture I released I wanted the gauntlet to be 100% 3D printed, so I color matched the printed stones as best I could with acrylic paints;

GKLV2328.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the resin stones I'm currently working on as well;

IMG_7134.JPGIMG_6932.JPG
IMG_7026.JPG

In the 100% 3D printed version I color matched the stones to the ones found on right hand gauntlet in Odin's vault from "Thor", however with the resin stones I'm color matching them to left handed gauntlet we saw Thanos wearing briefly in a post credit scene. These stones really will be the death of my sanity because every picture has different colored stonesand the MCU seems to be taking quite a bit of creative liberty with the new stone colors...

So that's what I have to share with you all so far, I'll be posting more pictures and a video of the gauntlet in action as soon as I finish the new stones with LEDs. If you have any questions or comments at all please don't hesitate to chime in! I'm currently working on molding and casting this gauntlet as well and I plan on doing a very limited run of them for anyone who may be interested, later this year I might also make a left handed gauntlet but I really want to wait for a bit more reference material before doing that one.

Cheers!

-Sean

This looks great! I was the original person who comissioned do3d to make the gauntlet. Ironically I havent had the chance to finish it yet. I had found problems with the guantlet's thickness in areas, but I'll be starting that prop again soon. Looks fantastic!

Man. Looks gorgeous. Amazing work! I need to get me a 3D printer... I have no money though, anyone want to donate to the Snikt needs a printer fund?:lol

I just wanted to you all know that I'm the original author of this post, I forgot I made this account last year and decided to switch over to this one so that I can post in the project run sub-forum as soon as I purchase premium! So I will in fact be doing a limited run of this gauntlet, if you want more information about pre-orders and pricing before I post the thread you can e-mail me at Sean@6123D.com.

Question for you. I'm printing this file from do3d right now. Did you print the tiny little gauntlet layers on the inside of the fingers? Im having a hard time getting the entire thing to fit properly.

Question for you. I'm printing this file from do3d right now. Did you print the tiny little gauntlet layers on the inside of the fingers? Im having a hard time getting the entire thing to fit properly.

I actually had a lot of trouble with the files I got from them, as you can tell right off the bat some parts I've completely redesigned because of that fact. It sounds like you need to seperate the finger plates from the hand model they roughly placed inside of the gauntlet while modeling. The easiest way to seperate those will be with the free program MeshMixer.

edit: Wait are you reffering to the plates on the palm side of your fingers? If so I just completely left those out.

Last edited:
Yes, I was referencing the the palm side ones. They are a nightmare, I left them out too.

Oh man I missed your original post on this thread because I merged two of my accounts, what a small world! Just out of curiosity, was the commission price reasonable? I'm just getting into the world of commissioning 3D models and I'm trying to figure out what fair prices are lol. I also just purchased 3D models of Thanos's newest armor from the MCU, I can't wait to start printing everything! I eventually want to have a full sized Thanos statue in my collection :)

View attachment 632723View attachment 632724View attachment 632725
View attachment 632726View attachment 632727View attachment 632728

Next I moved onto the red copper colored detailing which I did by using a special jewel colored acrylic paint which I brushed on by hand ;

View attachment 632730View attachment 632731
View attachment 632732View attachment 632733

After the detail work I moved onto the gems, I molded them in silicone before painting with acrylics because I'm currently working on color matching semi-transparent stones that will be back lit by LEDs in the final version. However for the first picture I released I wanted the gauntlet to be 100% 3D printed, so I color matched the printed stones as best I could with acrylic paints;

View attachment 632734

Here are a few pictures of the resin stones I'm currently working on as well;

View attachment 632737View attachment 632735
View attachment 632736

In the 100% 3D printed version I color matched the stones to the ones found on right hand gauntlet in Odin's vault from "Thor", however with the resin stones I'm color matching them to left handed gauntlet we saw Thanos wearing briefly in a post credit scene. These stones really will be the death of my sanity because every picture has different colored stonesand the MCU seems to be taking quite a bit of creative liberty with the new stone colors...

So that's what I have to share with you all so far, I'll be posting more pictures and a video of the gauntlet in action as soon as I finish the new stones with LEDs. If you have any questions or comments at all please don't hesitate to chime in! I'm currently working on molding and casting this gauntlet as well and I plan on doing a very limited run of them for anyone who may be interested, later this year I might also make a left handed gauntlet but I really want to wait for a bit more reference material before doing that one.

Cheers!

-Sean
I want the stl file ,can you to share with me?

I'd like the files as well

I want the stl file ,can you to share with me?

So awesome. How would one get their "hands" on the STL for this?

Thank you!

Hey guys, if u want an STL file for Infinity Gauntlet, I found this one on Thingiverse, that resembles very much to the movie and quite detailed i'll say.

link1 -> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2888091
link2 > https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2867494

PS: It's not mine, and I didn't create it.. *cheers*

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back