Westworld (HBO)

What was it? Shoulder, arm, leg, and pancreas? Not sure how you get away from that. I was thinking host version, too.

Wanted the bone saw to see action as well :)

I'm currently stuck between two theories:

William became a transfused host after the Delos experiments and this is all a test of his fidelity. Hence why he became mixed up when he was trying recall memories with his daughter.

or...

The theory I previously mentioned, that this is his path to becoming the first successful consciousness transfusion into his younger self. It's easier for his brain to transfer into a host body since he's already in delved in the park and the hosts. The forgetfulness he already possesses of his former life and his dis-attachment from it, would make it a smooth transition. It's just another Ford test in him. (Despite the fact it was brought up to Jimmi Simpson and he jokingly dismissed it...he can't contractually confirm or deny anything ;)!)

The big reveal last season was that Bernard was a host the entire time...do we think they'd pull that again? I always kinda figured Ford was uploaded to the system and wasn't completely dead, as that wouldn't have made sense not to bring him back. He's too controlling of his creations. He believes he is the embodiment of 'God' in a new age world. As soon as he started to talk to William through hosts, I knew he had definitely uploaded.

So the Valley Beyond...it's all converging there. Literally everyone is headed there...the flooded valley of hosts, Bernard washing up...William, if he can make it. There has to be another facility around that area that was the consciousness transfusion facility, I'm guessing.

And we're finally going to see what's up with the Ghost Nation! One theory circulating is that they awoken earlier than the rest of the hosts?? Can't wait to find out!

EDIT: Promo for the last remaining episodes shows a few key scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpojXAjXUHk

Last edited:
The one thing that we as viewers know almost nothing about is Ford’s relationship with William outside of the “current timeline” in the park.

William keeps talking to people in the park as if they are some manifestation of Ford...Maeve, his own daughter...even when they are not.

I’m interested in finding out why exactly their relationship somehow made it to this point...if it is not, in fact, a test to see if William’s consciousness can be transferred to a host, then what exactly has led them to the point that they are at right now?

Like you Celtic, I don’t think they’d go the route of revealing that another character we think is human is in fact a host...but then again, it would be a twist in that we aren’t expecting them to do it again. I’m guessing that we’ll see Ghost Nation come back and rescue him in this coming episode. We’ve already seen that they seem to be relatively kind to humans.

I am also on board with the idea that Ghost Nation has somehow been “awake” for a while...but I’m guessing we’ll learn much more about that this week.

I just hope the ending isnt going to be a dark tower style thing, where old William finally reaches the end of the game, and it just resets him to young William, and he has to start all over again with no memory of how he played last time.

I liked tonight's episode but thought it took a long time getting to were it was going. I was also hoping we had seen the last of subtitles but having an episode that was almost entirely subtitled was too much for me and took away from trying to watch and digest what was going on.

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

Pretty amazing episode after a couple episodes that were sorta WTF to me...

I too think William (the MIB) is in a host body. Too much foreshadowing for that not to be the case.

Is his daughter human? She looks pretty cute in her cowgirl get-up :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brillant episode! I felt that season 2 was lacking a bit compared to season 1, glad to see episodes like this surfacing.
And the cinematography was also hella gorgeous, even more so than usual.

Last edited:
Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

And hearing "Heart shaped box" on piano as he walked into the storage basement level....brilliant And eerie!

Ok, I feel like I'm on the slow bus on the this one, but am I correct in believing that Maeve is actually Koha's conciousness just put into a different host body?

That's what I gathered from that last shot of this week episode.

hmmmm... interesting idea.

Though I don't know if we'vce seen a host consciousness put into a different host body thus far... only the same body but tweaked parameters.

That doesn't mean it isn't possible...

Ok, I feel like I'm on the slow bus on the this one, but am I correct in believing that Maeve is actually Koha's conciousness just put into a different host body?

I don't think that's the case, but they do seem to have a deeper connection.

Maeve has access to all their memories so it makes sense she would know their personal “My heart goes with you” phrase.

Like Bryan said, Maeve is controlling the host mesh network....Akichita can also access this network, or atleast knows that Maeve can, so he spoke to her through her daughter. The entire time Maeve was plugged in, getting repaired, she was seeing and hearing through her daughter, as Aki told her his story.

I think it's debatable that William is in a host body...he and Delos seem to be the founders of modern medical tech. Example: the guest that comes up to William to tell him what a big fan he is and that he helped save his family member. William tells him to screw off, he's on vacation.

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that William has 'enhanced' himself as far as his tech can possibly go. Hence making the 'Valley Beyond'...which I believe houses a whole other facility where they transferred James Delos. When Aki saw it being built, it certainly looked like it wasn't just a foundation for dirt and hills, it appeared to have areas carved out for a facility.

That was the main pitch to James from William, and what Delos is currently doing; logging guest experiences to pitch them the idea of immortality through a host body. The Valley Beyond seems to connect to that facility...

Last edited:
I'm not thinking that William is in a host body, simply because Ford has stated that it's still impossible. He told BernArnold a couple weeks ago that his consciousness would degrade in a host body.

That's why was still in the Cradle. It's also why BernArnold isn't actually Arnold's consciousness in a host body, but is in fact a consciousness that's been taught to behave like Arnold, with Delores testing for fidelity since she has the perfect memory.

Is that's what everyone else is thinking?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back