Westworld (HBO)

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I have a hypothesis. I'm watching the first episode right now, and there's a mention that the park hasn't had a critical failure in over 30 years. I'm just spitballing here, but what if the show is actually a continuation of the films? Think about it, the original company that owned the park goes under after the Futureworld failure. So, another company bought the park, saw how popular Westworld was, and revamped the park to focus on that, and it's been working like that for over 30 years. Is this idea something so far out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I have a hypothesis. I'm watching the first episode right now, and there's a mention that the park hasn't had a critical failure in over 30 years. I'm just spitballing here, but what if the show is actually a continuation of the films? Think about it, the original company that owned the park goes under after the Futureworld failure. So, another company bought the park, saw how popular Westworld was, and revamped the park to focus on that, and it's been working like that for over 30 years. Is this idea something so far out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you're right on. I thought while watching that the lower level used for old model storage, which was flooding and in disrepair, was a remnant of the original park.

I thought it was a bit underwhelming, but I will watch next weeks.

I wonder if the last episode will have a digital Yul Bringer?

All of my friends didn't catch at the end where she killed a fly that was on her neck.

I thought that was one of the weaker parts, because it was extremely in your face about it when they asked the question, there was a signature fly on her face I think. And flies on the faces throughout. Needed to be done of course, and it gets the message across, but still.

I think I enjoyed Hopkins the most. That man conveys such a ridiculous sense of depth.

I thought that was one of the weaker parts, because it was extremely in your face about it when they asked the question, there was a signature fly on her face I think. And flies on the faces throughout. Needed to be done of course, and it gets the message across, but still.

I think I enjoyed Hopkins the most. That man conveys such a ridiculous sense of depth.
The entire episode was the setup for that moment... its supposed to the a subtle almost didn't notice moment. where they made the mistake was being so over the top wit the flies earlier in the show... the dialogue with that fly slap in the end wold have been plenty.

As its set up now It makes me wonder if they are going to go over the top to where we are the "westworld" for some other more advanced culture/species. It seems to have those intonations to it... I hope they don't though because it would kill the show completely.

Jedi Dade

Hearing Black Hole Sun on the player piano messed with my head something fierce... in a good way.

Yea, that was the first one I noticed, followed of course by Paint it Black. I gotta rewatch it to see what the previous scenes played.

Reminded me of Bioshock Infinite.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back