Westworld (HBO)

yeah, I figure that but if I remember right, that saloon-chick rioted through the laboratories and she headed for the other section of the park.

They briefly showed a...what seemed to be control area...that had access to other parks, then went through a small area of Shogun/Samurai World.

There was was no indication that future seasons would take place in...or even visit...these actual parks.

It was was pretty clear at the end of Season One that the story going forward would continue to focus on the characters that have been established inside the Westworld park, and that is also what has been shown in both the teaser from this past year and this more fully realized trailer.

I'd honestly be surprised if there are many people who actually want the story to switch to another world in the park. I mean...how would you establish characters that viewers are sympathetic towards if the park is already in chaos? I think it'd be pretty difficult for viewers to view the hosts as "good guys" if all they ever see of them as are rampaging murderous robots? The only other option would be to show hosts in those worlds being abused by humans as well, and then you're basically just telling the exact same story as you did in Season One.

Also...if they switched, we'd never find out what happens to Maeve, how much of a badass Dolores turns into, whether Ford was actually killed or if that was just a Ford host, what happened to Logan, and whether or not Elsie is still alive (she is). Personally, I'd much rather see these characters and watch more of their story than suddenly switch locales.

The way they could do a different park is by not calling it Westworld and making the audience believe it was a completely different show until halfway through the season. Then they pull the rug out and reveal it's another park. Meanwhile the audience will have been invested in a bunch of characters they thought were real in some period drama...

The way they could do a different park is by not calling it Westworld and making the audience believe it was a completely different show until halfway through the season. Then they pull the rug out and reveal it's another park. Meanwhile the audience will have been invested in a bunch of characters they thought were real in some period drama...

A good portion of the intrigue of the show dealt with "behind the curtain" types of characters, though. Taking that away simply for the sake of hiding the show in another locale doesn't make any sense.

A good portion of the intrigue of the show dealt with "behind the curtain" types of characters, though. Taking that away simply for the sake of hiding the show in another locale doesn't make any sense.

That's why it would be a different show about a different park with different dynamics. They'd reveal halfway through the season, not the very end of the season. The behind the curtain stuff would be in the 2nd half of the season and add new layers to what you watched unfold when you thought it was real.

The way they have only hinted at other parks is great, the tiger in the first trailer is a brilliant way of teasing something without having to explain it
or even expand upon it.

The other parks are going to be directly effected by what is happening in Westworld. That's why they are showing us that this theme park is just one of many. No matter what happens in the story from this point, no matter how much they show of other parks, Westworld will be the focus.

I expect we'll also be getting some more hints/looks at the larger world outside the park. I certainly hope so anyway.

The other parks:

http://delosdestinations.com/#about

Just watched season 1. Disappointed, underwhelmed, bored. A mix of solid actors with others that can't act at all but look nice naked. Lots of bad writing and cliched characters. Looked good though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back