Westworld (HBO)

Maybe it's the computer I try to view it on but the Delos site is all wonky and I can't navigate anything on it.
Can you screen cap it?

It's the first image in that slashfilm link that JoshSpiderman23 posted just up above.

The site only shows it to you once, from what I can tell, then stays all wonky and messed up.

Father, I thought of you when I noticed this.

I was looking at the printed map of the park that I got for my Secret Santa gift, the one there's a picture of earlier in the thread. I noticed at the top where it's describing what I'm actually looking at, it says it's a topology map that was "Commissioned Under the Command of the United States Government."

Now, I know that doesn't absolutely mean that the park is located in the United States, but it seems to kind of hint towards it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following this topic since the beginning, but don't remember anyone every mentioning this -- if it already was, my apologies.

I was reading an article earlier today that noted something I never caught: Bernard Lowe is an anagram for Arnold Weber, the original host co-creator.

A.J.

I've been following this topic since the beginning, but don't remember anyone every mentioning this -- if it already was, my apologies.
I was reading an article earlier today that noted something I never caught: Bernard Lowe is an anagram for Arnold Weber, the original host co-creator.A.J.

tumblr_m5gqb0aUoI1rxc156o1_500.gif

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

LOL some of those are pure gold! My favourites were "Devil with the Blue Dress" and the Dirty Dancing scene.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do a rewatch of various shows and movies with a friend of mine in Canada via the Internet on Friday nights. Tonight, we're going to start rewatching the show (starting with the original movie). Anyways, as I was watching, I sort of noticed this bizarre detail that just may be me overthinking things.

It seems to me after watching the whole series, at the start, Teddy and Dolores' story in the show's universe seemed rather flat in comparison to some of the other storylines hinted at in the show. It's like the only story that those two had were meeting up, Teddy and Dolores' family are murdered and Dolores is raped and murdered, and not much else. After finding out what Dolores and Teddy did under Arnold's instruction, I began to realize that maybe it was by design by the writers of the show. I suspect that Ford purposefully created the terrible story for the two because he originally blamed them for Arnold's death and came to the realization that it was Arnold's doing long after the park opened and realized that Arnold was right.

I could be wrong with this interpretation. I have the tendency to overthink things.

:eek Man. If thats true, not only is it rad that they put that in there, but for you to pick up on it. Man. I think you just inspired me to watch the show again. Good post!

:eek Man. If thats true, not only is it rad that they put that in there, but for you to pick up on it. Man. I think you just inspired me to watch the show again. Good post!

Like I said, I tend to overthink things and it may be just my imagination. But it would make sense, wouldn't it?

Like I said, I tend to overthink things and it may be just my imagination. But it would make sense, wouldn't it?
It makes total sense! I was thinking rewatching it anway, because I had to watch it on my phone at work on a tiny screen, so aside from that, I want to see all the undertones I might be able to pick up on. Too bad youre in Florida, would love to hang out, drink a few beers, and talk about the show!

The only problem with that is that it's not the only loop Delores could be on, even if not interacted with by a guest.

The Delos Incorporated website had a .gif to show what Delores' loop could be.

dolores_zps3facspkr.gif

As you can see, it's entirely possible even for a guest not to interact with her and her to end up at a new day at the ranch without getting raped/murdered/attacked at all.

I was actually under the impression while watching the show that for the ranch to get attacked, that was almost a guest initiated event...when a guest would join up with the posse that was going out there, that's when the ranch would get attacked...if no guest joined the posse, the posse's loop went in another direction.

The only problem with that is that it's not the only loop Delores could be on, even if not interacted with by a guest.

The Delos Incorporated website had a .gif to show what Delores' loop could be.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg25/Gimpdiggity/dolores_zps3facspkr.gif

As you can see, it's entirely possible even for a guest not to interact with her and her to end up at a new day at the ranch without getting raped/murdered/attacked at all.

I was actually under the impression while watching the show that for the ranch to get attacked, that was almost a guest initiated event...when a guest would join up with the posse that was going out there, that's when the ranch would get attacked...if no guest joined the posse, the posse's loop went in another direction.

Like I said, it may be just me overthinking things. However, looking at that diagram makes me think that it's even more plausible because the non-attack on the farm scenario seems even worse than the actual attack. This is because both Dolores and Teddy are pretty much stuck in an uninteresting story most of the time (this is even more so back up with Ford's statement to Teddy about him having a mysterious backstory because they couldn't think of one for him, like he just threw together a lame story and a horrible twist to the story to have something for them to do).

Like I said, it may be just me overthinking things. However, looking at that diagram makes me think that it's even more plausible because the non-attack on the farm scenario seems even worse than the actual attack. This is because both Dolores and Teddy are pretty much stuck in an uninteresting story most of the time (this is even more so back up with Ford's statement to Teddy about him having a mysterious backstory because they couldn't think of one for him, like he just threw together a lame story and a horrible twist to the story to have something for them to do).

The non-attack on the farm seems like pretty much just an everyday average day for a character who seems like she's supposed to represent "the girl next door."

We also have no real reason to believe that many of the hosts loops included anything truly "interesting" when they weren't interacting with a guest.

The non-attack on the farm seems like pretty much just an everyday average day for a character who seems like she's supposed to represent "the girl next door."

We also have no real reason to believe that many of the hosts loops included anything truly "interesting" when they weren't interacting with a guest.

Even so, the rape scenario seems way too out of character of Ford to come up with as a part of a narrative, as he appears to know and care about every character in the Westworld park. The only exception of him doing is him doing it as punishment for Dolores and Teddy and their involvement with Arnold's death (which does make sense, as he was probably distraught from losing Arnold and blamed them prior to coming to the realization that they were following their programming).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back