2000AD Street Judge

Trooper1854

I'm wanting to do a street Judge 2000AD style.
My all time favourite artist is Steve Dillon, I just love the way he draws the Judges:

adult picture hosting

I have a helmet, belt buckle, badge, and Lawgiver:

how to screen capture

photoupload

I would like to make as much as possible myself, so I am looking for tutorials to build the shoulder pads, elbow & knee pads, boots & gloves.
So if anyone has any links to such tutorials I would really appreciate it if they could post them here.

Many thanks :)

Here are some work in progress shots of the helmet.
It's fibre glass, so I used Halford's primer-filler and some P-38 body filler to smooth and refine the shape.
The chrome plated respirator plate came with the helmet.
It was painted with car paints then rubbing/polishing compound gave it a smooth, high gloss finish.
I used a piece of clear acetate for the visor. The darkened portion was achieved using car window tinting film.

screengrab

photo share

free image uploading

upload jpg

print screen

free image hosting

photos upload

pic host

Now just looking for pointers how to make the shoulder pads et al! :)

from what I could work out is the lower two layers are 10mm EVA foam (floor mats from Halfords) top layer look 5mm EVA foam. I worked out rough overhaul measurement's someone may be able to give you more accurate ones.

pics below are from planet replicas

10 Shoulder Pad.jpg 12 Shoulder Pad.jpg 13 Shoulder Pad.jpg

The shoulder eagle looks fantastic! Good idea using the polystyrene egg for the body, I've been wondering how to do that part with foam sheets.

belt looks fantastic, Trooper!!!! You said RLM82?
It would be nice if there would be any type of website with real , original colors, so we can adapt to that.

I believe this is from a series bible produced by Wagner and Grant. It gives the Pantone colours for the Judge uniforms. Not sure how well it'd translate to real life, but it's a start
judge colours.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back