Just Finished Slush-Casting My Kylo Ren Sculpt!

TheC0lonel

I've just finished, for the first time ever, sculpting, molding, and casting a project in resin. I am stoked beyond belief.

It's super rough, and as stated, my first time ever doing this kind of project, so I anticipate a great deal of sanding and a small amount of bondo before it's ready to paint. I also see that the brow ridges are a bit wobbly, so I'll go over those with the polishing tool on my dremel. I might also end up doing another sculpt, or kitbashing a black series helmet if I want to try anything with the 501st. (I fear that in addition to everything else, the helmet turned out a touch too large.)

Nonetheless, I though I'd show this off, get some advice on painting, and bask in my new-found ability to turn discrete objects into plastic.

2016-05-28 18.51.32.jpg

2016-05-27 22.18.53.jpg

You have just taken an important step into the wonderful world of building replica props.;)

Great work so far, well done!!:D....now chop, chop, get busy and work on it some more!

Congratulations on your first pull !!

looks great paint wise i think a satin black and alclad/spazstix would look great for detailing

I'm glad you like it! I appreciate your recommendation for the chrome paint. Was also thinking about using aluminum tape. Do you have any experience with that?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back