SDCC comic con 2016 tickets or badge? advice needed!

rchan202

Ok guys need help first time going, coming from Texas I do not have tickets and I was looking to buy tickets and found people selling badges .. my question is do you need a badge and tickets or is the badge the only thing you need to get in? and any other advice as what to look for when buying badges/tix

Be careful! SDCC has been sold out for a while and they take scalping very seriously.

In the past, you had to pickup your badge with your ID and confirmation. This year, they are mailing badges. I have not received mine yet, but we received an email about a month ago.

In the past, you had to pickup your badge at the con. You had to have your ticket confirmation and ID. The names had to match.

With badges being mailed this year, I do not know if any IDs will be checked. I assume they will check mine when I pickup a child's badge.

I have a friend who has used vendor badges in the past, but I don't know the process. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Be very careful, Comic Con badges are not transferable. They rarely check ID once you have they badge, but it has been known to happen. Also there has been a huge problem with people selling counterfeit badges in the past.

At Wondercon this year (same organization, the badges had RFID chips in them and you had to swipe the badge to get in and out of the convention hall. If they do that with the Comic Con badges this year someone could sell you an authentic badge online, then report it lost or stolen, and you wouldn't be able to get in.

Comic Con badge DO have RFID chips in them this year. I would not take the chance of buying a badge on EBay. It could be counterfeit or deactivated and you'd be screwed.

Comic Con badge DO have RFID chips in them this year. I would not take the chance of buying a badge on EBay. It could be counterfeit or deactivated and you'd be screwed.

With so many people entering/exiting, how the hell are they going to enforce using that? There is no way they can scan everyones badge.

Oh yes they can! They did it at Wondercon. they had several walk through scannesr at every entrance. Was very fast and efficient.

Oh yes they can! They did it at Wondercon. they had several walk through scannesr at every entrance. Was very fast and efficient.

Damn really? Wow. Its come a long way since the days where you could just walk up, buy a badge, and write whatever you wanted in the space provided. Cheaper too. :darnkids

If it works for NYCC (which has a higher badge limit, but doesn't take over the entire city like SDCC), it will work for SDCC as well. And don't forget to get scanned when you leave, because they will bust you for it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back