MPC Millennium Falcon Upgrade Kit Mk.II, HH

yeah, worked for me. I think the difference is, the 19mm is for 308 Bits side walls which are a bit taller than the HH walls. the 17mm being for the blue moon kit which I have one...which I'll never use now that HH is available, but the Blue Moon and HH look like the same height, though I have not measured or put them side by side.
one thing though, when you get these they're already curved to the shape of the hull, BUT, as with mine, and I think it happens in the shipping, they may have a slight twist to them from the packing bubble wrap and add to that I live in AZ. Sitting in the bulk mail box all day in the horrendous heat is liable to warp a bit. the last one I did was and I wasn't paying attention when I set it in place thinking the glue held it, on the one side it leaned slightly inward on me at the top, so I really need to gently pop it loose and pull it back and re-glue it. I've found that the Lazerbond stuff "as seen on tv" works quite well when you need a piece to stay in place particularly when tape and rubber bands are not an option. one little dab in the right place, 3 seconds with the blue light on the tube...and it's there!
Thanks! 17mm fits well with the HH upgrade kit, you say.

another great thing about the Lazerbond is, when you're doing a test fitting mock up, a few daps of that stuff will hold your pieces in place and you can easily pop it back off again and peel the glue of with your finger nails without damaging anything :thumbsup

another thing...I highly recommend the Shapeway cockpit cone and internal parts. I was lucky enough to get the cone to fit snug enough that I can slide it back out when I need to dust the inside of the cockpit. you can try to fashion a cockpit window for it, but its a drag. Besides, with no window, you can see the inside detail far better. I did the same with the Shapeways upper gun turret parts, leave the turret loose so you can pull it out to clean it if needed and don't bother trying to cut window pieces for the turret . If you're doing a "landed" ramp down build, you MUST get the Shapeways ramp set and the ramp entry walls and ceiling parts as well, they're awesome. I'd also recommend the additional front landing gear bays and gear. I know they're spendy, but so worth it if you prefer the look of the ESB version like I do. and if you do go for the extra landing gear bays, get the newer 77.00 dollar ones, they are the ultra detail set with a nice smooth surface. the cheaper ones are a different plastic and have a slightly textured surface that doesn't look well with the hull surface. you can try to sand the 67.00 dollar ones smoother, but you'll just make it look worse.

JMO, hope this helps
almost forgot!! if you do the shapeways ramp, also get the hull interlock pieces to complete the correct look!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice gt350pony66!
I will definitely get my Shapeway cockpit and engine grills - but I will stop there. No landing gears, as I am building a "flying" Falcon. The gunports I will have to scratchbuild, as I have already spent a fortune on this kit.
I am rather by the beginning yet. I just started assembling it. As I know myself, I will slowly carry on with the build and customization.
Now I am "thinning" the plate from the inside and rasping in the details at the edges all over the model:
IMG_5423.JPG
Also puttied in the landing door hinges (one of the most toy-like features of the kit) and will redo the doors entirely.

I was to ask for help with finding reference shots of the "original" NH five footer's bottom maintenance bays, before the extra landing bay boxes were put on for ESB.
I am aware of HH's Pinterest collections, as well as these two photos, but this is where it stops.
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_m-falcon_-136.jpg
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_m-falcon_-135.jpg

Anyone please?

cool, sounds like you know exactly what you want to do with it and have a plan. I like what you've done with those maint openings and the hull edges. I did the hull edges on my last one and the top panel bays. I always do ESB birds but the one exposed side of the lower bay opening that is still there I didn't notch them out. significant oversight on my part, but I suppose I could still do them. I left the Radar dish base and the top turret un-glued. just wrapped the contact edges with tape so they fit snug. then I can lay her on her back a do the filing. Super idea, thanks.
As far as that pic you're looking for. I went through everything I have, and did a google (which I'm sure you did...several times) only thing I saw was the comparison shot of ANH and ESB and no matter what the shot is at distance and fuzzy, so...that's useless. I've only done one in flight bird, it's in my office at work. True enough, you don't need as many parts to do those. As long as you've got the HH package, that's the important thing. [
have fun with your build (I always do) and holler if you need anything, I've built 5 of these so far and I think I pretty much got figured out what can sneak up and bite you on the azz. :lol:thumbsup QUOTE=davidvaradyszab;4318793]Thanks for the advice gt350pony66!
I will definitely get my Shapeway cockpit and engine grills - but I will stop there. No landing gears, as I am building a "flying" Falcon. The gunports I will have to scratchbuild, as I have already spent a fortune on this kit.
I am rather by the beginning yet. I just started assembling it. As I know myself, I will slowly carry on with the build and customization.
Now I am "thinning" the plate from the inside and rasping in the details at the edges all over the model:
View attachment 760007
Also puttied in the landing door hinges (one of the most toy-like features of the kit) and will redo the doors entirely.

I was to ask for help with finding reference shots of the "original" NH five footer's bottom maintenance bays, before the extra landing bay boxes were put on for ESB.
I am aware of HH's Pinterest collections, as well as these two photos, but this is where it stops.
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_m-falcon_-136.jpg
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_m-falcon_-135.jpg

Anyone please?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome! good hunting...I usually do laser blast damage, but haven't done torn and wrinkled panel edges. another thing to incorporate in future builds. Fine work sir :thumbsup
I found TONS of reference shots of the original miniature meanwhile.

Steven Lee’s awesome collection of megadetailed 5 foot Falcon images.
Yet another super collection of 5 foot reference photos, from VFX Freak.
More 5 footer glory from effects expert vfxsup64.​
Yet more hi-rez 5 foot Falcon photos, from Jedilaw.​
Another compendium of 5 foot Falcon reference photos. Part 1, Part 2.​
Still more 5 footer shots, from Forbidden Plastic.​

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back