MPC Millennium Falcon Upgrade Kit Mk.II, HH

Archive&Future

Sr Member
Many of you wonderful modelmakers and Falcon builders will be aware of my moderately extensive upgrade kit for the infamous MPC Falcon which I produced last year; I soon had no way of meeting the surprising level of demand.
Regardless, I now have the time and resources again to manufacture these kits for you fine people across the globe; my original masters are no longer my best work and so I'm currently remastering most of the components.

I plan to be in production by early-to-mid summer, with availability to purchase soon after. Here's what we've got so far, stay tuned!

hi Haystack Hair
first of all thanks for replying to my earlier thread on sidewall upgrade for this falcon. I had been meaning to reply but have been flat out with work and injured back.
Man can really appreciate the work that goes into making these from your photos. I have received airbrush and other things over the last few days and am looking forward to getting stuck into painting the MPCF as practice. Just debating whether to just build it as is, as its a practice piece, or upgrade the walls etc as it will be worth it and its for my nephew.

hows progress last few weeks and are you able to put a ball park figure on pricing? Will these parts be as easy as fitting or will there be needing a lot of extra work to get them in correct?

BTW great work looking good!:thumbsup

hi Haystack Hair
first of all thanks for replying to my earlier thread on sidewall upgrade for this falcon. I had been meaning to reply but have been flat out with work and injured back.
Man can really appreciate the work that goes into making these from your photos. I have received airbrush and other things over the last few days and am looking forward to getting stuck into painting the MPCF as practice. Just debating whether to just build it as is, as its a practice piece, or upgrade the walls etc as it will be worth it and its for my nephew.

hows progress last few weeks and are you able to put a ball park figure on pricing? Will these parts be as easy as fitting or will there be needing a lot of extra work to get them in correct?

BTW great work looking good!:thumbsup

Hey 2sketchy, thanks for your interest! Progress has taken a back seat for the past two weeks as I've been working on time-specific commissions, however once I've cleared my schedule I'll be back on this full throttle.
RRP will be around £90, as with the Mk.I kits that will include an instruction booklet, photo-etch sheet and around 30 resin components; all of which are designed to fit with minimum effort (walls align with the pegs given in the MPC kit, etc)

So could I go ahead and practice painting on top and bottom of falcon and decide whether to upgrade sidewalls, thus not having effected painting etc

So could I go ahead and practice painting on top and bottom of falcon and decide whether to upgrade sidewalls, thus not having effected painting etc

I don't see why not, yeah! Depending on your painting method, it might look a little odd to have the sidewalls and docking rings painted at a different time, but you could easily hide that with weathering....I suppose it all revolves around whether you paint by eye with mixes or with specific pre-mixed colours

HayStack Hair, Yank here that is very interested in your next run! Love the detail of your work. I have built 1 MPC Standard kit with BlueMoon Sidewalls, I am in-work on a Cut-Away version (yes with the shortened sidewalls, I am a gluten for punishment), and I have one more kit I want to truly accurize, and your kit is the key IMHO!

Pat Brice

I'm back, and punching hard again on the MPC Millennium Falcon Upgrade Kit MK.II.

This seems to be a very anticipated upgrade and I've been receiving messages every week regarding the availability of these. My answer?

Keep your eyes peeled, but I'm back to tanking through remastering the originals.

29340811844_0c7f43f29c_c.jpg

In comparison to a (bright blue!) casting of the same wall from the Mk.I kit

29341448333_eeee0aac0d_c.jpg

29885046961_b5c5bd09a3_c.jpg

29968224335_a1c163cabf_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be ready to buy as soon as you have them available :) Awesome work. I've been away from building models for six months and feels like years... Got my MPC kit waiting patiently.

This evening I started the new docking ring master.

Using a 70ml plastic shot glass which I trimmed to size, I then primed and scribed the panelling by scoring along the edge of Dymo tape.

For the docking ring insert I trimmed and improved the Finemolds' component, making it more accurate to the Original 5' Falcon model.

30177776875_558b077d29_c.jpg

30143054776_50c7872d5e_c.jpg

29548640133_37b2d90eed_c.jpg

29548639773_60c4f87789_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't this kit make the rest of the MPC Falcon look poorly detailed in comparison? I mean, you can only go so far sticking on greeblies to a dome that has blocky details. (I haven't even opened my MPC kit, so am purely basing this opinion off of what I am seeing from the comparison photos.)

Amazing work though. Just as detailed as the studio models.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back