MPC Millennium Falcon Upgrade Kit Mk.II, HH

Keep your eyes (and wallets) peeled Falcon modellers!
Each kit will include a sheet of photo-etch brass, as well as the nineteen polyurethane resin component pictured here.
Price will be £80 + Shipping, kits are very limited so come the January release they will be on a first-come first-serve basis!
May the Force be with you all...

30981857073_fa171dfd64_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is probably one of the best MPC Falcon conversion kit I have seen, the detail is incredible. But I have one complaint the one thing that has always disappointed me was the size of the cockpit. I remember using an up grade kit over ten years ago, can't think of the name, but even with the side walls being accurate in height the cockpit still looked too small. I would be more tempted to buy an up grade with a corrected cockpit.

That is probably one of the best MPC Falcon conversion kit I have seen, the detail is incredible. But I have one complaint the one thing that has always disappointed me was the size of the cockpit. I remember using an up grade kit over ten years ago, can't think of the name, but even with the side walls being accurate in height the cockpit still looked too small. I would be more tempted to buy an up grade with a corrected cockpit.

Actually the cockpit is the correct diameter, what makes it seem off is that the mandibles and cockpit tube are at least 10mm too long.
Here's one of my MPC builds with an exact scale blueprint courtesy of Maruska, you can see that the diameter of 40mm is correct, but looks odd due to the tunnel elongation.

31720327462_0d0d6c8ba8_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Haystack, i have an MPC Millennium Falcon that i am going to restore it and fix all bad gluing i made as a kid and upgrade it with some aftermarket parts. I saw the recent post and photos of the kit you are building but i can't find a web-page to purchase the kit when it comes out. Can you provide with a link in order to keep an eye?

Hello Haystack, i have an MPC Millennium Falcon that i am going to restore it and fix all bad gluing i made as a kid and upgrade it with some aftermarket parts. I saw the recent post and photos of the kit you are building but i can't find a web-page to purchase the kit when it comes out. Can you provide with a link in order to keep an eye?

My new website ought to be up and running by the time the kits are available towards the end of January; but regardless of whether that's up or not I'll make sure that everyone on here and on my FB page knows :)

Today I began painting up the box art model for the MPC upgrade kit; currently just pre-shading and modulation.
I'm using Tamiya XF Black through a cheapo airbrush, and hand-brushing high contrast highlights with XF White.
Because of the relatively poor surface detail on the MPC this technique ought to add a new dimension to an otherwise plain surface.

32010449915_21f6ed1bab_c.jpg

This evening I laid down the basecoat, a mix of Tamiya XF White and Medium Grey thinned down with isopropyl alcohol; I have no idea what the ratio was as I eyeballed it from mix to mix.
The pre-shading and highlighting worked a treat though, and I enhanced the effect by loosely airbrushing certain panels with a lighter shade.
Tomorrow: onto a hellscape of masking tape.

31997645676_08db685e88_c.jpg

very nice work, I wish I had half that talent. I've built 3 of these so far, first one was all stock pieces with a lot of lights, but then after a lot of research found out the MPC's are too tall on the sides and many of the pieces are rather bland.
the second one I did surgery on the sidewalls and brought the height down some and added some greeblies. I've used a few of Shapeways pieces and made molds to duplicate for future builds, the 3D stuff is spendy.
I like using the add-on landing gear as well and continue to come up with mods that produce a better look than previous builds.
Yeah, I've got a closet full and sold one so far and hope to sell subsequent builds.
Number four, I shaved the push blocks and the ridges above the headlamp panels. saw a pic where they were almost un-noticeable and liked the look.
I wouldn't mind at all trying one with a set of your pieces, they're nice, very nice.

And that is exactly what I want to do, but I can't checkout, because after entering my german adress, there is still only U.K. that I can choose as destination country.
So it won't let me finish the payment process.

I already mailed you about the problem yesterday.
Since yesterday morning, I tried to order the Kit about 10 times.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back