BLADE RUNNER PKD Detective Snub Build 2016

Manukaman

So after spending a few weeks playing around (adding etched text etc) and printing the lovely 3D files for a full size PKD (available on thingiverse) I decided I wanted to tweak those files and design a snub PKD version.

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 113
  • purple bigboy.jpg
    purple bigboy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 116
After tweaking and adding new parts I then split the files up so that they could be easily printed on a 3D printer. I use an Ultimaker 2 and a Flashforge Creator Pro.

Attachments

• model1.jpg
    model1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 95
  • model2.jpg
    model2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 92
  • model3.jpg
    model3.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 93
  • model4.jpg
    model4.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 89
I then printed a basic version to see how everything went together. The grip came out great so I cleaned that up for molding. I bought several STEYR tie pins from Germany to incorporate into the grip.

Attachments

• BRsnubby1.jpg
    BRsnubby1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 89
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 97
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 104
I then molded the grip and cast both amber and blue (looks purple) versions.I am now working with a buddy in a metal shop to make the frame metal, along with a screw in barrel. Other parts will be cleaned up and made in resin.

Attachments

• metal grips.jpg
    metal grips.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 110
  • BRsnubby3.jpg
    BRsnubby3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 105
  • BRsnubby4.jpg
    BRsnubby4.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 93
  • grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 93
  • purple small pkd.jpg
    purple small pkd.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 108
the design is really cool...really like the Tyrell logo and 'Styer' grips!! both very good ideas.

Ive said it on FB, but I love this and cant wait! The grip angle to me is perfect and makes a ton of logical sense. Will the grip badge be molded in or an actual badge on top? I actually prefer the look of the picture with the logo just molded into the resin.

I remember putting together the PKD snub kit from Doppelgänger Productions back in 2001. I still have all of the info sheets that came with it. Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back