PropShop announces TFA Props!

How can Anvos Ren helmet look better than there, being the people who made the same one for the movie? Aren't these supposed to look exactly the same as used onscreen, as they were made by the same people?

The helmet pictured looks to me like a digital rendering, not an actual helmet. The shop seems to intend to print and finish them in the same way as they were done for the movie.

Edit: Rewatching the videos it does appear they've made some of them. It's really strange to promote these items with such oddly staged photos.

Last edited:
Look at the bad casted or printed area of the Kylo helmet...that looks better on a Black Series One...

And no chromepaint on the face?Looks very cheap to me.Sorry.

I'm not defending them, simply noting that the helmets seem to be digital models (apart from the melted Vader). Take a look at the photo showing the table, stand, and books. Looks very much like a rendering.

attachment.php

Edit: Rewatching the videos it does appear they've made some of them. It's really strange to promote these items with such oddly staged photos.

Last edited:
The Kylo saber is very big and bulky.Reminds me a little bit about the shape of the BS FX-Saber.not the front...but the rest..

25748934wy.jpg

This last pic...but the others are looking like real casted props.But anyway...if they want so much money for a helmet they should use better pics.;)

Yes agreed. Maybe I'm just seeing things. Rewatching the videos it does appear they've made some of them. It's really strange to promote these items with such oddly staged photos.

These prices are insane! These are more in line with the prices for screen used items not replicas. As cool as it would be to have something built by the same people that make them for the movie, count me out due to the price Disney does not need any more money lol!

Nice looking props but while the concept for their market is an interesting idea, you would think they could get the Graflex right for that kind of money. Over $100,000 for a graflex with the kobold D-ring mounted crooked and the clamp on the wrong side? I don't think so. It just makes it worse because they made the props for the film. You'd think they could get it right.

It just proves that fan made will alway be better. Period. Long live therpf!

Last edited:
Re: New Line of Ultimate Studio Star Wars props, Limited and expensive

And at a crazy price point too! and for the sabers that's no electronics either. And I can't tell if you Can't or Shouldn't wear the helmets, but still, seems a lot for something you can't put on. But then, I'm always that person who takes things out of the packaging too, so maybe I'm just not the right market for it. :p

I was SO stoked when I saw the article... FINALLY a licensed Kylo!

Now, I'm not a "licensed" kinda guy. I don't care about that... but all the Kylo sabers so far are guess work from photos and video... no one has held it and taken measurements.

but $1250 !?!?!?!?!!? That's closer to $1800 Canadian.

I'm out.

And I'm putting together a Roman's graflex TFA for my brother... I'll have to send him this link to say "hey, look how much.. and the one I'm doing for you is actually more accurate".

1250... what a joke.

And that is the reason I got out of collecting screen used items prices were to crazy. There is a lot more in life I can do with that kind of money. :)

Personally I think these prices are actually reasonable comsidering today's market. Its the pedigree you're paying for more so than the item itself. I mean think about how much actual film props sell for.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back