Vintage Graflex Lightsaber build help...

subaquatic

Just started disassembling my vintage Graflex for cleaning.

Can anyone suggest what I should do to either remove or adapt the side slide switch internal tab so I can still make use of the switch later when I put in the electronics?

31e905224bf209cbf43d1db2f8ee7630.jpg
o
aaa8e25d9db80bdf869ec3b06a4e8dad.jpg

8527458c6c35fe81c9530444a8b9551c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might I suggest only light cleaning if you must, it should look 'used' not 'prestine' as I always say, personally I never clean any of my vintage G R A F L E X parts, ever ... perhaps best to try to adjust that new black piece if you need it inside for your electronics? :)

Chaim

what blade holder is that, it looks real nice!

The Graflex Shop or TGS for short.

As for the slide switch, it is either a rivet holding it all together or if it's like my older Parks v1 replica, is a square piece with a rod shaped protrusion on two opposite sides that are then peened over on each end to form a lip to hold it all together. Either way, you will most likely ruin it if you try to remove it and will have to custom fabricate the hidden part to rebuild it. If you're very careful, using a rotary tool you can shorten the tab on the inside so that it works with a snap action switch. Here's what snap action switch looks like when installed on a TGS blade holder...

TGS_Graflex_Blade_Holder_with_Mounted_Side_Switch.jpg

I used 1.5mm dia. brass rod that I then glued into the two small holes already present on the TGS blade holder, using 2 part metal epoxy. After cleaning up excess epoxy with a toothpick and tissue paper, I set a snap action switch over the rods while the epoxy was curing so that the rods would be perfectly aligned once the epoxy was set.

Last edited:
The Graflex Shop or TGS for short.

As for the slide switch, it is either a rivet holding it all together or if it's like my older Parks v1 replica, is a square piece with a rod shaped protrusion on two opposite sides that are then peened over on each end to form a lip to hold it all together. Either way, you will most likely ruin it if you try to remove it and will have to custom fabricate the hidden part to rebuild it. If you're very careful, using a rotary tool you can shorten the tab on the inside so that it works with a snap action switch. Here's what snap action switch looks like when installed on a TGS blade holder...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2..._Holder_with_Mounted_Side_Switch.jpg~original

I used 1.5mm dia. brass rod that I then glued into the two small holes already present on the TGS blade holder, using 2 part metal epoxy. After cleaning up excess epoxy with a toothpick and tissue paper, I set a snap action switch over the rods while the epoxy was curing so that the rods would be perfectly aligned once the epoxy was set.

That's great many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back