Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 10, 2016, 4:09 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #251

    ThomasBond said: View Post
    Is this a single issue that is squared away? I have one on payments so I want to be sure to get a good one?

    Thanks
    Yeah appears to be a one-off. Most others guys on here seem very happy with theirs. Also my previous Tomeno's from HCG have been flawless.

    Regarding a resolution, as mentioned I have been promised replacement parts, although HCG are unsure how long they will take to arrive from Japan. Especially as the run is now sold out I guess. But I have confidence they will sort it as soon as they are able.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Clutch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Messages
    8,188
    Oct 10, 2016, 7:56 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #252

    I have yet to see any decent weapon quality-wise come from HCG.
  3. ThomasBond is offline ThomasBond
    Oct 10, 2016, 8:34 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #253

    Clutch said: View Post
    I have yet to see any decent weapon quality-wise come from HCG.
    I had the original pro and the retail version and they were perfect.

    I miss them
  4. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Messages
    2,858
    Oct 10, 2016, 11:39 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #254

    Clutch said: View Post
    I have yet to see any decent weapon quality-wise come from HCG.
    The blaster is made by tomenosuke and distributed by HCG.
  5. Clutch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Messages
    8,188
    Oct 10, 2016, 7:36 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #255

    Ah yes, my bad.
  6. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:25 PM - The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #256

    So the replacement parts arrived...



    Well most of them. They included another bolt which I didn't need, but excluded a replacement mag housing which I did need.

    The interesting thing is the finish on the replacement receiver, it's completely different to what came with the blaster...



    Way shinier and ironically what I originally expected the new "blued" version to look like. So that's a bonus. Although the replacement rear piece is the same finish as the one on my blaster, so it doesn't match the shiny receiver...





    So I swapped the receivers over. BTW, who also thinks this thing actually looks pretty killa without the steyr...



    New receiver installed...





    And of course I now have a spare receiver to play around with. Might try bluing it some more or something.

    I'd love to hear from those who received their blasters as to what finish your receivers are. The glossy finish or the duller finish?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Messages
    2,858
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:28 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #257

    wow, that part looks like a fluke to me, but it looks sweet!
  8. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:31 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #258

    benhs1898 said: View Post
    wow, that part looks like a fluke to me, but it looks sweet!
    Yeah I think so. I have to admit when I first saw the blaster (with the duller receiver) I was pretty gutted. I'd seen those pics of the custom blued finish some lucky members here acquired and I kinda thought these would be closer to that. So the dull receiver was a disappointment. But this glossy one is way closer to what I'd expected.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2015
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    1,318
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:33 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #259

    Experiment on the spare receiver, and then get the rear cap & bolt handle glossy AF!

    Hopefully you get a replacement mag-well soon!
  10. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Messages
    2,858
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:36 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #260

    tmax said: View Post
    Yeah I think so. I have to admit when I first saw the blaster (with the duller receiver) I was pretty gutted. I'd seen those pics of the custom blued finish some lucky members here acquired and I kinda thought these would be closer to that. So the dull receiver was a disappointment. But this glossy one is way closer to what I'd expected.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, the original prop wasn't very glossy. In fact, the more I handle mine and the bluing wears off, the more it looks like it did in the Worldcon pictures.
  11. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 21, 2016, 11:44 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #261

    benhs1898 said: View Post
    Well, the original prop wasn't very glossy. In fact, the more I handle mine and the bluing wears off, the more it looks like it did in the Worldcon pictures.
    Yeah true, although the Tomeno has always been the more a "freshly issued" replica than a screen accurate weathered one. That's what my Coyle is for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 22, 2016, 12:12 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #262

    Some comparisons.

    Tomeno retail (top) vs HCG exclusive (bottom)...



    Coyle (Racprops) 2016 version (top) vs Sidkit (bottom)...



    Rick Ross (top) vs my custom job to a crappy resin pull (bottom)...



    And finally the fam all together...



    Warms my heart. Addicted much?! Lol




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Messages
    2,858
    Oct 22, 2016, 12:17 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #263

    Wow.... just wow.

    Rivals Adam Savage's collection.
  14. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Oct 22, 2016, 10:31 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #264

    Added a bunch of deets to the custom...





    Much happier with it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Kit Rae's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Messages
    548
    Nov 2, 2016, 9:32 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #265

    I received my Blaster Pro last week. I won't bother with photos, since it looks basically like the others posted here.

    The trigger guard, lazer sight, and cylinder cover all feel very loose. They literally wobble when you touch them, which is disappointing. I'll have to check if any of those parts can be tightened up. The magazine and cover that houses the LEDs were both thin plastic, a bit scuffed up. I just assumed those parts were metal. This was my first Tomenosuke BR blaster, so I did not know what to expect.

    The receiver finish is sort of shiny, like others have posted - not the nice dull finish in the product photos. The triggers, trigger guard, barrel, cylinder, and bolt all have a matching dull finish. If the receiver had this same finish it would have looked perfect.

    Overall its a cool prop replica, but I was expecting more for the money. Still happy I finally own one.
  16. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Messages
    2,858
    Nov 3, 2016, 12:12 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #266

    Kit Rae said: View Post
    I received my Blaster Pro last week. I won't bother with photos, since it looks basically like the others posted here.

    The trigger guard, lazer sight, and cylinder cover all feel very loose. They literally wobble when you touch them, which is disappointing. I'll have to check if any of those parts can be tightened up. The magazine and cover that houses the LEDs were both thin plastic, a bit scuffed up. I just assumed those parts were metal. This was my first Tomenosuke BR blaster, so I did not know what to expect.

    The receiver finish is sort of shiny, like others have posted - not the nice dull finish in the product photos. The triggers, trigger guard, barrel, cylinder, and bolt all have a matching dull finish. If the receiver had this same finish it would have looked perfect.

    Overall its a cool prop replica, but I was expecting more for the money. Still happy I finally own one.
    The magazine housing and magazine are supposed to be plastic. Plus, the blued finish on the receiver is what makes this the "ultimate evolution" version.
  17. Kit Rae's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Messages
    548
    Nov 3, 2016, 8:58 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #267

    Yes plastic, but this is thin, a bit scuffed, and the magazine is loose fitting.

    The receiver is blued, it's is just not finished dull like it was shown in the HGC product photos and the photo of the gun on the booklet included with this version of the Blaster Pro. Blueing is not shiny or dull. The surface of the part before bluing determines that. The receiver would have looked much better had it matched the finish of the other mating parts, especially the receiver sleeve (part the bolt is attached too) that mates to the end of the receiver.

    The HGC photos show the receiver matches the finish of the other dull black parts. The photos in the Tomenosuke blog announcing the HGC version show a shiny receiver, with matching shiny finish on the receiver sleeve. Either finish would have looked good, but they should have matched and they don't.
  18. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Messages
    12,090
    Nov 3, 2016, 9:38 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #268

    ............
    Last edited by Moviefreak; Nov 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM.
  19. RPF Premium Member tmax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Canada for now
    Messages
    948
    Nov 3, 2016, 4:18 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #269

    Kit Rae said: View Post
    Yes plastic, but this is thin, a bit scuffed, and the magazine is loose fitting.

    The receiver is blued, it's is just not finished dull like it was shown in the HGC product photos and the photo of the gun on the booklet included with this version of the Blaster Pro. Blueing is not shiny or dull. The surface of the part before bluing determines that. The receiver would have looked much better had it matched the finish of the other mating parts, especially the receiver sleeve (part the bolt is attached too) that mates to the end of the receiver.

    The HGC photos show the receiver matches the finish of the other dull black parts. The photos in the Tomenosuke blog announcing the HGC version show a shiny receiver, with matching shiny finish on the receiver sleeve. Either finish would have looked good, but they should have matched and they don't.
    Sounds like you would have been happier with the retail pro, rather than the HCG exclusive. It's all dull, including the receiver. I'll be looking at selling mine soon now that I have the exclusive version.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Messages
    12,090
    Nov 3, 2016, 4:56 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #270

    ..........
    Last edited by Moviefreak; Nov 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM.
  21. Kit Rae's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Messages
    548
    Nov 3, 2016, 9:20 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #271

    If you mean having the receiver and butt sleeve both with a matching finish like the Retail Pro - yes, that would have been nice.

    But I would have liked either shiny or dull - as long as the finish on both parts matched. It just bad QC, so I'm going to see if I can get replacement parts that match. I saw someone else over on Propsummit just got theirs from the same batch with the same problem.

    Here are a few pix showing the finish mis match, bubbles in the barrel cover paint, and magazine scratches:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paint Bubbles.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	680152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magazine Scratches.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	680153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receiver and sleeve finish.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	680151

    The Tomenosuke and HGC pix show a matching receiver and sleeve.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a0077842_203878.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	680154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blaster_13.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	680155
    Last edited by Kit Rae; Nov 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM.
  22. Member Since
    Feb 2016
    Messages
    3
    Nov 19, 2016, 1:09 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #272

    That was mine.

    Here is the response from HCG:

    "I have spoken with the factory and raised your concern with them. They sent this reply.

    This is a replica of the original prop and the back part is meant to have a slightly different finish, as it is made from a different material.

    This was also inspected by hand and is exactly as the factory intended.

    Thanks for your patience waiting while I got the answer from them."


    I guess HCG isn't really worried after all. Time for a return I guess. It just means that all the Toku-san versions are wrong and any other version that doesn't look like ****.
  23. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Messages
    68
    Nov 19, 2016, 7:41 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #273

    people in the know whats the hands dowm most accurate version to the movie prop? rick ross/tomo/coyle/hcg?
    always wonderd
  24. Ministry of Peace RPF Premium Member Kokanee's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Messages
    337
    Nov 19, 2016, 9:39 PM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #274

    Totally going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes....

    There are some issues raised in this thread which are legit, and others which are sorry, totally "First World Problems".

    When you put the production of a prop into other people's hands/a company's, you lose some control. Maybe if you wanted exact control over every step and surface finish, you should pick up a kit and build your prop blaster. That's what I did, and I'm super thrilled with how it turned out. Spending a stupid amount of money on a glorified toy..... oh noes!! Tiny paint bubbles! Get the pitchforks.!!!!
  25. ThomasBond is offline ThomasBond
    Nov 20, 2016, 9:18 AM - Re: The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner #275

    Moviefreak said: View Post
    He had every right to complain. His photos show the blaster has issues. When the issues are minor, that is nitpicking.
    A member at propsummit got a bad one. One main problem was the charging handle being a different finish. The charging handle on the real blaster is not finished differently nor is it made from a different material so the following response he got it not correct.

    Here is the response from HCG

    "I have spoken with the factory and raised your concern with them. They sent this reply.

    This is a replica of the original prop and the back part is meant to have a slightly different finish, as it is made from a different material.

    This was also inspected by hand and is exactly as the factory intended.

    Thanks for your patience waiting while I got the answer from them."


    He was assured HGC would fix this for him but it's not looking good.

    Please advise.
    Last edited by ThomasBond; Nov 20, 2016 at 9:33 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster versions?
    darthwhitey, Replica Props
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2017, 8:06 PM
  2. Replies: 968
    Last Post: Feb 1, 2017, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Dec 8, 2015, 10:39 PM
  4. Search tomenosuke blaster blade runner
    morgan63, Replica Props
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2011, 4:50 AM