The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner

Well, the original prop wasn't very glossy. In fact, the more I handle mine and the bluing wears off, the more it looks like it did in the Worldcon pictures.

Yeah true, although the Tomeno has always been the more a "freshly issued" replica than a screen accurate weathered one. That's what my Coyle is for. [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some comparisons.

Tomeno retail (top) vs HCG exclusive (bottom)...

40725D07-491C-4851-A8C2-D0B75170C3AD.jpg

Coyle (Racprops) 2016 version (top) vs Sidkit (bottom)...

9941CD48-A57A-443F-ADAC-1BE8BA35D526.jpg

Rick Ross (top) vs my custom job to a crappy resin pull (bottom)...

13F25A06-EEA2-4B90-8041-EDC3FBD97E37.jpg

And finally the fam all together...

71183B09-AB2C-4109-98B2-0E9D0719855D.jpg

Warms my heart. Addicted much?! Lol

I received my Blaster Pro last week. I won't bother with photos, since it looks basically like the others posted here.

The trigger guard, lazer sight, and cylinder cover all feel very loose. They literally wobble when you touch them, which is disappointing. I'll have to check if any of those parts can be tightened up. The magazine and cover that houses the LEDs were both thin plastic, a bit scuffed up. I just assumed those parts were metal. This was my first Tomenosuke BR blaster, so I did not know what to expect.

The receiver finish is sort of shiny, like others have posted - not the nice dull finish in the product photos. The triggers, trigger guard, barrel, cylinder, and bolt all have a matching dull finish. If the receiver had this same finish it would have looked perfect.

Overall its a cool prop replica, but I was expecting more for the money. Still happy I finally own one.

I received my Blaster Pro last week. I won't bother with photos, since it looks basically like the others posted here.

The trigger guard, lazer sight, and cylinder cover all feel very loose. They literally wobble when you touch them, which is disappointing. I'll have to check if any of those parts can be tightened up. The magazine and cover that houses the LEDs were both thin plastic, a bit scuffed up. I just assumed those parts were metal. This was my first Tomenosuke BR blaster, so I did not know what to expect.

The receiver finish is sort of shiny, like others have posted - not the nice dull finish in the product photos. The triggers, trigger guard, barrel, cylinder, and bolt all have a matching dull finish. If the receiver had this same finish it would have looked perfect.

Overall its a cool prop replica, but I was expecting more for the money. Still happy I finally own one.

The magazine housing and magazine are supposed to be plastic. Plus, the blued finish on the receiver is what makes this the "ultimate evolution" version.

Yes plastic, but this is thin, a bit scuffed, and the magazine is loose fitting.

The receiver is blued, it's is just not finished dull like it was shown in the HGC product photos and the photo of the gun on the booklet included with this version of the Blaster Pro. Blueing is not shiny or dull. The surface of the part before bluing determines that. The receiver would have looked much better had it matched the finish of the other mating parts, especially the receiver sleeve (part the bolt is attached too) that mates to the end of the receiver.

The HGC photos show the receiver matches the finish of the other dull black parts. The photos in the Tomenosuke blog announcing the HGC version show a shiny receiver, with matching shiny finish on the receiver sleeve. Either finish would have looked good, but they should have matched and they don't.

Yes plastic, but this is thin, a bit scuffed, and the magazine is loose fitting.

The receiver is blued, it's is just not finished dull like it was shown in the HGC product photos and the photo of the gun on the booklet included with this version of the Blaster Pro. Blueing is not shiny or dull. The surface of the part before bluing determines that. The receiver would have looked much better had it matched the finish of the other mating parts, especially the receiver sleeve (part the bolt is attached too) that mates to the end of the receiver.

The HGC photos show the receiver matches the finish of the other dull black parts. The photos in the Tomenosuke blog announcing the HGC version show a shiny receiver, with matching shiny finish on the receiver sleeve. Either finish would have looked good, but they should have matched and they don't.

Sounds like you would have been happier with the retail pro, rather than the HCG exclusive. It's all dull, including the receiver. I'll be looking at selling mine soon now that I have the exclusive version.

If you mean having the receiver and butt sleeve both with a matching finish like the Retail Pro - yes, that would have been nice.

But I would have liked either shiny or dull - as long as the finish on both parts matched. It just bad QC, so I'm going to see if I can get replacement parts that match. I saw someone else over on Propsummit just got theirs from the same batch with the same problem.

Here are a few pix showing the finish mis match, bubbles in the barrel cover paint, and magazine scratches:
Paint Bubbles.jpgMagazine Scratches.jpgReceiver and sleeve finish.jpg

The Tomenosuke and HGC pix show a matching receiver and sleeve.
a0077842_203878.jpgBlaster_13.jpg

Last edited:
That was mine.

Here is the response from HCG:

"I have spoken with the factory and raised your concern with them. They sent this reply.

This is a replica of the original prop and the back part is meant to have a slightly different finish, as it is made from a different material.

This was also inspected by hand and is exactly as the factory intended.

Thanks for your patience waiting while I got the answer from them."

I guess HCG isn't really worried after all. Time for a return I guess. It just means that all the Toku-san versions are wrong and any other version that doesn't look like ****.

Totally going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes....

There are some issues raised in this thread which are legit, and others which are sorry, totally "First World Problems".

When you put the production of a prop into other people's hands/a company's, you lose some control. Maybe if you wanted exact control over every step and surface finish, you should pick up a kit and build your prop blaster. That's what I did, and I'm super thrilled with how it turned out. Spending a stupid amount of money on a glorified toy..... oh noes!! Tiny paint bubbles! Get the pitchforks.!!!!

He had every right to complain. His photos show the blaster has issues. When the issues are minor, that is nitpicking.

A member at propsummit got a bad one. One main problem was the charging handle being a different finish. The charging handle on the real blaster is not finished differently nor is it made from a different material so the following response he got it not correct.

Here is the response from HCG

"I have spoken with the factory and raised your concern with them. They sent this reply.

This is a replica of the original prop and the back part is meant to have a slightly different finish, as it is made from a different material.

This was also inspected by hand and is exactly as the factory intended.

Thanks for your patience waiting while I got the answer from them."

He was assured HGC would fix this for him but it's not looking good.

Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes....

There are some issues raised in this thread which are legit, and others which are sorry, totally "First World Problems".

When you put the production of a prop into other people's hands/a company's, you lose some control. Maybe if you wanted exact control over every step and surface finish, you should pick up a kit and build your prop blaster. That's what I did, and I'm super thrilled with how it turned out. Spending a stupid amount of money on a glorified toy..... oh noes!! Tiny paint bubbles! Get the pitchforks.!!!!

If someone drops 1k on a prop gun it should have the proper finish. No one is saying its comparable to a third world problem like not having enough food to eat but that is a totally ridiculous comparison. It's about delivering what was paid for.

If you bought a new car with a finish like is showing up on these blasters I doubt you would be happy either. HGC needs to deliver, period.

Last edited:
This is not acceptable and it's what the "factory" says was inspected and intended. I can do better with my at home bluing kit and 99 cent spray paint., This is what HGC says is intended. He was told one of the RPF members worked for HGC and was helping get this sorted out. Then he got the above response.:

GcdvZ1O.jpg

w93izFL.jpg

hTIDenb.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back