Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 7/26/2018

SKS Props

Sr Member
Ok, so you guys know that I was little burnt out and wanted to start working on my own creations. Instead of just sculpting something up and going here is a new mask I really wanted to flush out a character. So after being inspired by a friend to try some concept art again here...is...Alice!!!

First off Alice actually isn't her real name. Everyone in the Wasteland just calls her that because...well you can kind of tell from her attire. Her parents were tragically killed when she was pretty young. Left on her own to fend for herself she didn't have the greatest of childhoods. Now she wanders from place to place talking to imaginary cats and brandishing her best friend "Rose" (that would be a thorn covered blunt object) and yes she is always looking to paint Rose red!!.

Alice's gas mask was custom made and features an abstract Cheshire Cat face-plate with respirators on either side. A ton of detail has been added to the surface of this mask showing lots of battle damage / wear and tear. The mask was hand sculpted in monster clay, molded, and resin cast using Smooth-On 65D. The respirators were made by combining plumbing parts, molding the final creation, and casting the final piece in resin. The mask was hand painted using Liquitex heavy body acrylics and highlighted with some rub and buff.

I am going to be making this a complete character so keep checking back for further details on her armor, clothing , and weapons.

2h3ExYSh.jpg

bjCb32Gh.jpg

Hg267FLh.jpg

VezbDXGh.jpg

8jr5er9h.jpg

IsHVg4Gh.jpg

UfmVCJVh.jpg

jmU8XwDh.jpg

oLwlUznh.jpg

hjB66ERh.jpg

4Cl5ZvPh.jpg

0YSYCJeh.jpg

UuASfguh.jpg

OdPO5RPh.jpg

I am selling raw and painted versions trough my etsy site so feel free to contact me for info

Last edited:
Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cheshire Cat Mask SKS PRops - Updated 5/23/2016

More early concept art for my new Wasteland Alice character. I have been working on building her backstory, and sketching out her outfit, and weapons. So much fun to not just be replicating but creating a character!
I am working on sculpting the shoulder armor and weapon right now and hope to have them ready for molding in the next couple of weeks.

u6st7pth.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 5/26/2016

I have been working more on my Wasteland Alice concept art. I drew, inked, and colored a more detailed version of her on my Wacom 24HD
gypBkbBh.jpg

kUfQho8h.jpg

XfykzGYh.jpg

So with this art work compete I move on to making her weapon "Rose". I decide to get a plastic bat as my base and sculpt the detail using monster clay. Her weapon is a bat with forged/cast metal woven around it in the shape of vines, thorns, and roses. Hence "painting the roses red"

xu7WdNsh.jpg

2IItUzeh.jpg

CvIAKmoh.jpg

MBERjfNh.jpg

I cast the roses and her decorative metal door-mouse skulls separate and will attach them to the finished cast later.

k3UOdiXh.jpg

mUHK9WSh.jpg

Prd4S5Lh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 6/6/2016

This is amazing, not only have you made your own OC but your crafting process is amazing.

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 6/6/2016

Once they clay sculpt for Alice's weapon was complete I made a jacket mold of the top and a box mold of the ring for the lower handle. The top is roto cast using 65D and while it is still curing it is taken out of the mold and then a plastic baseball ball bat is inserted and pressed to fit. Once it has fully cured the lower handle is cut off and placed into the box mold so the resin ring cures around it. The roses are cast separate and glued to the top of the weapon.

5TvnxKih.jpg

d9pPDlih.jpg

iWDLxdih.jpg

XMXQFv8h.jpg

6RoOcQxh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 6/7/2016

The details on her weapon stand out a little bit better once the entire piece received a coat of self etching primer.

Ch5h3uGh.jpg

HBHcpAWh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 6/8/2016

The props are looking fantastic, I love the impressionist style of the sculpting. What I hadn't seen before was any of your illustration. Very nice as well.

The props are looking fantastic, I love the impressionist style of the sculpting. What I hadn't seen before was any of your illustration. Very nice as well.

Thanks! Yeah I was a freelance illustrator long before I turned into a prop maker. I left some of my older illustrations up on my deviant art site feel free to check them out http://sksprops.deviantart.com/

Will do! Thanks. I'm a freelance illustrator myself though unfortunately most of my work ends up being software dev or ui design.

Here is Wasteland Alice's completed weapon Rose. This thing just looks mean despite the pretty flowers. The weapon was painted with heavy body acrylics, blood splattered, and sealed. The handle wrap was painted then distressed with some mud. The Door Mouse heads were also resin cast and painted with Liquitex paints. Overall I am pretty happy with how the weapon went from concept to real life and i feel it is a pretty unique take on the old spiked bat look.

E9nkhcQh.jpg

upc1LWhh.jpg

noefoUCh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 6/9/2016

I know the updates for this build have been few and far between I have just been extremely busy. I decided to redraw my original concept art for Alice and I think this is the best representation of her yet. The jacket and leg armor is currently under construction and I hope to show more of that off soon. Drawn in Photoshop on a Wacom 24HD

rB0uxFzh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 7/25/2016

Great illustrations! I love the whole concept and the sculpt is fantastic also; very Road Warrior.

What ever happened with this? As in.. did the whole Alice ever get realised or settle on just the props?

What ever happened with this? As in.. did the whole Alice ever get realised or settle on just the props?

Actually the project took off and I am currently working on the world for a graphic novel. One of my friends even dressed up as Alice for C2E2 and people loved it. You will be able to see more characters at www.sksprops.deviantart.com

LoToTG5h.jpg

tk37VGlh.jpg

lAYGMvXh.jpg

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 7/222/2017

Congrats on the gig and great pics of the costume:cool

Re: Wasteland Alice in Wonderland Cosplay Concept SKS PRops - Updated 7/222/2017

Finally got around to posting a video on how I resin slush cast one of my Wasteland Alice Cheshire Gas Masks

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back