ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

take a look at the tapered cutouts on the lamp housing...they differ IMHO
the less prominent knurling could be a result of the molding/ casting

I see what you mean about the tapered sections. The knurling difference is that the original flashlight has square diamond shapes in the knurling, versus the replica's more elongated diamonds with fewer rows of it when counting front to back.

Ah well, I still like the clone flashlight. It's nice to have a functional light that is such a good approximation of the original that it takes this close of an examination to distinguish.

I've located a supplier for the Element M300 flashlight with the correct non-scalloped button guard. I'm in Canada and it arrived within a week but I'm sure they ship internationally.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/271922565258

I also own the L2A1 Airsoft Sterling which I'm converting with all real parts.

I've located a supplier for the Element M300 flashlight with the correct non-scalloped button guard. I'm in Canada and it arrived within a week but I'm sure they ship internationally.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/271922565258

I also own the L2A1 Airsoft Sterling which I'm converting with all real parts.

Awesome! Thank you for the info I'll definitely need to pick it up. Do you know what company made your sterling? Also, what seems to be the most accurate power cylinders for this blaster?

Awesome! Thank you for the info I'll definitely need to pick it up. Do you know what company made your sterling? Also, what seems to be the most accurate power cylinders for this blaster?

I'm in Canada and I couldn't find the S&T L2A1 version, also Evike wouldn't ship it to me. But thankfully I found the Beta Project version at a local airsoft shop, it's the exact same identical gun made in the same factory. Except mine has a Black Steel muzzle cap! Not that stupid orange one.
Beta Project Sterling AEG.
The Power Cyliders are a resin cast and very different to the real electronic capacitors used in A New Hope.

I'm in Canada and I couldn't find the S&T L2A1 version, also Evike wouldn't ship it to me. But thankfully I found the Beta Project version at a local airsoft shop, it's the exact same identical gun made in the same factory. Except mine has a Black Steel muzzle cap! Not that stupid orange one.
Beta Project Sterling AEG.
The Power Cyliders are a resin cast and very different to the real electronic capacitors used in A New Hope.

So what will you be using for your power cylinders and Hengsler counter? Oh and the T Tracks. And it's good to know that they're the same airsoft gun. Makes it easier to get one.

What do the experts make of the "power cylinders"? Are they accurate to any of the ANH versions?
They are definitely not accurate to ANH, reading through this thread I seen that jnko has actually identified the origin of the power cylinders correctly. And just as he said it truly is kind of funny. Somewhat of an ironic coincidence actually; Andrew Ainsworth of Shepperton Design Studios who originally produced the vacuum formed stormtrooper armor in 1976 for the production of A New Hope on contract from Lucasfilm. Has since been in a huge legal battle with Lucasfilm over the production and public sale of his stormtrooper armor. His armor is not well received among circles of people "in the know" if you check out whitearmor.net you'll see what I mean. Anyways his blasters are known be very inaccurate casts and especially his power cylinders which seems to have originally been custom made using found parts, again VERY inaccurate to the originals seen on screen in A New Hope! The true origin of those ones has yet to be discovered and confirmed!
The prop department working on Rogue One seems to be using resin casts of the power cylinders from his Shepperton Design Studios E-11 Blaster which is kind of crazy coincidence that a cast of his imitation Star Wars prop has now ended up in an official Star Wars film, Lol how ironic! Considering he made the armor used on screen in the original film, and was almost sued for producing and publicly selling that armor.

ROGUE ONE E-11 most of troopers in the movie used resin casts of these items as opposed to the real thing.

Airsoft S&T Sterling L2A1
Shepperton Design Studios power cylinders. (appears to be a resin cast)
M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope from Sherman M4 Tank (1943 version with wide front foot)
Hengstler 400 Counter Module (with plastic socket cover box not metal, and no eagle window)
Element M300 Flashlight (with non-scalloped button guard)
Custom scope rail (higher than ANH, screwed down on both front & rear end)
T-track for covering the receiver tube holes. (Marv on whitearmor.net has good size T-track for the Airsoft Sterling)

Last edited:
SlyFox where is the best place to get a good Hengstler counter replica? How much does the real deal go for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you referring to a Rogue One accurate counter? They have a plastic socket cover and go for about $100 - $200 USD
Or a ANH accurate counter? The ones used in A New Hope are much older vintage counters with the old eagle Hengstler logo and metal socket covers and go for about $400 USD
unless you're resourceful and get lucky enough to find one cheaper.

They come up on eBay from time to time. You can also keep an eye on whitearmor.net sales threads but they are becoming more and more rare.

Last edited:
SlyFox I'm going for the Rogue one accurate counter. Do I just get it directly from Hengstler? I know they have a website. Or just eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
No Hengstler does not make the counters like that anymore, you will have to find old stock on eBay or somewhere else.

Last edited:
So, the T-track. It seems thicker than lightsaber T-track, with a different profile, doesn't it? Found material or modeled/printed?

So, the T-track. It seems thicker than lightsaber T-track, with a different profile, doesn't it? Found material or modeled/printed?

It definitely seems thicker. It also looks like it doesn't even go into the barrel holes. I think they're just laid on top the glued. An easy job for a 3D printer. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine. Nearly finished the build so getting close to primer and paint.

I used a resin picatinny rail for the torch mount... that way I can swap it to my other E-11 if needed :)

Attachments

• 14650473_10155349754913852_7718310550375181355_n.jpg
    14650473_10155349754913852_7718310550375181355_n.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 14680647_10155349701138852_5495835925286430851_n.jpg
    14680647_10155349701138852_5495835925286430851_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 247
Looking great!!! What is it made of (resin/ 3D printed) and where did you get it from?
if a 3D print... How us the resultion, did it require a of cleanup?

Based upon the photos we've seen that looks very good.

I really like the design, well executed.

And also, where did you get the parts?

Here's mine. Nearly finished the build so getting close to primer and paint.

I used a resin picatinny rail for the torch mount... that way I can swap it to my other E-11 if needed :)

:)

It's a 3D print, the files of which were made by a chap called Sean Fields on the R1 Armory facebook group. He's giving them away for free and asking that if anyone prints for profit that they please make a donation to charity as a thank you. A fair deal I think :)

I had mine printed via 3dhubs.com (if you want to use them let me know and I'll give you a money off link) as I don't own a printer. Had it done in 100micron PLA which meant there was less sanding to do. A 200 micron print would mean more sanding. I've got it to a place where a couple of layers of primer and a finishing sand should be good enough for painting black. You'll need to find a half inch and a 1 inch PVA pipe for the insides, which if you're still in the land of imperial measurements is fine (I struggled in the UK as the half inch pipe - 21.5mm - is easy to get but the 1 inch pipe with the correct wall thickness isn't as easy. Thankfully Sean modelled me required 1 inch pipe which I had printed. The print cost me around £180 in total, if I went 200 micron it would have been half that cost but more work ;)

As for the accuracy, there's a couple of bits which aren't quite right but I'm happy to change those with greeblies over time if needed. Passing public wouldn't notice, but another trooper might when up close ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back