Back to the Future Head Goonie 1985 Class-5 Vest Replica Upgrade

Update: Just got my vest in the mail today, it looks great. It's a little tight around the chest, and hard to get on. But I hope losing weight will take care of that.

It looks quite red on my camera but IRL it's definitely more of a burnt orange. But, even on camera it looks more accurate than Max Cady's obnoxiously-bright-red one.

HG vest.jpg
HG vs Woolrich 2.jpg
HG vs Woolrich 1.jpg

It's just a shade lighter than my Woolrich vest I was using as a stand-in/spare. It's longer too, so hopefully it'll fit nicely over my Max Cady which I don't have with me at the moment while it's being fixed.

I don't want to mess around with changing the buttons for genuine Class-5 ones. I just wouldn't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to cause permanent damage to it in the process. Plus I'm not really willing to buy another expensive vest, just for the buttons. Maybe if I found them separately or something, I might take it to an expert to do that for me.

The only downside is, it's the beginning of summer down here in Oz. It's already too hot for this kind of thing. But at least I've got it for next year's AICON in March/April.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back