Yet another MCU Spiderman build

Sinkin

So hi again, it's been a loooong time since I was here. But I'm back and ready to start a new little project and yeah, the title gave it away.

Yep, it's yet another build of the new Spider-Man suit from Civil War buuuuuuut I will not make the whole suit, not yet. I'm going to start small with only the mask, which will take a lot of time since I want to make it as accurate as possible. I'm not going to make a pattern in Photoshop and print it on spandex, I'm going to make this completely from scratch by hand. The reason for it is because I feel like have more control over things when I do it that way!

Right now I don't have anything to show just yet, but I have the mask pattern drawn out so I can start tracing it onto the red spandex that I have bought. I'm also trying to get the right shape of the lenses as we speak so pictures of it will probably go up tomorrow once It's ready.

Soooo hi everyone!

Yesterday I did promised I would post a progress report and here it is! Right now I have three somewhat similiar but still different shapes of the lenses, but they are not really looking like the way I want them too, so I'm going back to the drawing board with the lenses.

As for the mask itself, I did a rework of the pattern today. The reason for that is because the old pattern was simply too hard to sew together by hand. (Yes, I'm not using a sewing machine) So I went with some inspiration from McLean, where the mask is just simply three pieces instead of five big ones like my old pattern had (pic down below). Hopefully that won't take as much time to sew. If anyone have any good screenshots from the movie of the mask I would like to have them so I can figure out the webbing!

Ps. use spoiler tags for screenshots.

jjuMs6d.jpg

Definitely gonna keep an eye on this thread! Good luck especially with all the hand sewing, how will you hand sew it all together? Doesn't a suit need the zig zag sewing to keep it all together?

Definitely gonna keep an eye on this thread! Good luck especially with all the hand sewing, how will you hand sew it all together? Doesn't a suit need the zig zag sewing to keep it all together?
I have tried some different sewing techniques to see how the stretch was on the seams and everything was fine so hand sewing isn't a problem!

I haven't been posting anything lately, mainly cause of work. Buuuuut I will probably have something to show either tomorrow or later this week!

After I posted my reply in this i started on my venom shirt and had to handsew the part where the seams on the arms line up with the shirt seams and yea you can hand sew so that's bad on my part, can't wait for updates on this

Last edited:
Here is the progress so far! The sewing is going pretty good thanks to the improved pattern that I made. As you guys can see in the picture, I'm currently taking some measurements for the lenses, so that I can get as close as possible to the real deal. So the next step is to sketch out the webbing and hopefully everything comes out great.

feTxI3j.jpg

This project is not dead! With the new images of the suit, I'm currently working on a new mask pattern so expect updates soon!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back