X-Men: Apocalypse (Post-release)

Leaving Angel but not killing him was just saying "well you aren't a leader anymore but you'll still witness a mutant world" The mutants fight for survival and wanting to fit in. But the "bad guys" want the humans dead, because the humans always try to get rid of the mutants, or they've experienced something similar in their life (Magneto) .

Charles wants the world to coexist, while Erik wants full superiority. Then there's the ones who take a big leap in the mutant superiority side of things. Its not a huge risk to the good mutants, they just want humans to live alongside the mutants. So we actually dont feel the stakes of what is going on. If we had more human characters, it'd be a bigger game being played, but since is mainly mutant v mutant, Apocalypse's motivation seemed less dangerous in the end

I just felt like it wasnt focused. He has control of the worlds nukes, wastes them, but then uses magneto to try and wreck the planet, which not only takes forever, but he stops because...reasons? Like why the hell were his "horseman" so dedicated to him in the first place? Just because he amplified their powers? Which the only one he really did was Magneto I suppose. Even though when Mags attacked Apacolypse, he was throwing scrap metal at him, why not drop a building on him, or something more imagnative? Xmen suffers from the same thing as the rest of the marvel movies, poor villains with no real motivations or reasoning. With the exception of Thanos, and maybe loki(even though he is incompetent) they dont know how to treat their villains. And Im sorry, but Simon Kinberg is a hack. He said in an interview regarding wolverine and his claws that "the timeline adjusted itself because those things HAD to happen". Cmon man. Its so. Dumb.

I just felt like it wasnt focused. He has control of the worlds nukes, wastes them, but then uses magneto to try and wreck the planet, which not only takes forever, but he stops because...reasons? Like why the hell were his "horseman" so dedicated to him in the first place? Just because he amplified their powers? Which the only one he really did was Magneto I suppose. Even though when Mags attacked Apacolypse, he was throwing scrap metal at him, why not drop a building on him, or something more imagnative? Xmen suffers from the same thing as the rest of the marvel movies, poor villains with no real motivations or reasoning. With the exception of Thanos, and maybe loki(even though he is incompetent) they dont know how to treat their villains. And Im sorry, but Simon Kinberg is a hack. He said in an interview regarding wolverine and his claws that "the timeline adjusted itself because those things HAD to happen". Cmon man. Its so. Dumb.

What about his claw? Change in design?

the two parts I DID groan about in this movie:

Finding the X Suits conveniently stashed in storage lockers

Proffesor X's hair vanishing. Seriously, that needed to be explained? he couldn't have just lost it getting older?

The part with the missles confused me. Why have magneto destroy the world if he could have just gotten a head start with the missles?
he was going to destroy people with magneto anyway.

the two parts I DID groan about in this movie:

Finding the X Suits conveniently stashed in storage lockers

Proffesor X's hair vanishing. Seriously, that needed to be explained? he couldn't have just lost it getting older?

The part with the missles confused me. Why have magneto destroy the world if he could have just gotten a head start with the missles?
he was going to destroy people with magneto anyway.

Just a minor few things on a laundry list of why this movie was pretty "meh". Stryker showing up before rescue vehicles when the mansion blows up, getting to alkali lake within hours, completely ignoring the ending of DOFP, Beast building everything in the mansion ALONE, the flight suits being in kid sizes, so many other things...

Now they are in talks for Mystique to get her OWN MOVIE. :facepalm

FWIW it doesn't make any sense to use the nukes to blow up the world if you plan to live in it later. It might not matter to Apocalypse personally, but most mutants aren't immune to radiation.

I thought that too, but then why bother even showing the nukes at all? Just to show that he got rid of their most powerful weapon? No retaliation? But then the "most mutants arent immune to radiation" should prove the "strong will survive" angle they were plugging through the marketing.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back