Transformers: The Last Knight (Post-release)

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight

I want to travel back in time and make sure a few folks aren't born and one of them is Michael Bay. It's thanks to him and the goobers who wrote the first one that we can't get any good Transformers stuff going. They took over writing at least one of the cartoons that was terrible and now everything tries to be like the movies, they even screwed us over with video games when the last Cybertron title was shoehorned into a tie-in that last movie.

Here's the question...will it copy the last four films? I mean it seems like if I showed you all four without breaks you may think it's one long movie.

Not that the 80's cartoons were any better by any stretch of the imagination.

Here's the question...will it copy the last four films? I mean it seems like if I showed you all four without breaks you may think it's one long movie.

True, but at least you could tell one character from the other in robot mode, in the Bayformers, aside from Bumblebee and Optimus, I have a hard time telling on from another in robot mode.

True, but at least you could tell one character from the other in robot mode, in the Bayformers, aside from Bumblebee and Optimus, I have a hard time telling on from another in robot mode.

Yea,true dat,but I tend to think that bringing Transformers to live action has shown how ridiculous the whole idea is what with living machine aliens is....now we're gonna have knight machine aliens? lovely.

Like i mentioned awhile ago they are doing what they want to do

I just remember that I was nine when TF first showed up and after the "movie" came out in 1986 I thought the whole show got weird in the years after until I stopped paying attention in 1989 or so.

So no matter how bad people say these films are I go back and look at the original show and I face the fact that the show I loved when I was nine sucked,and the show I thought was strange is not only strange...sucked on top of all that.

Basically I don't think I've ever seen a depiction of cybertron or their life there I ever liked or thought was worth a damn;so they can do whatever since you can only polish a turd so much (well I guess it does work,they ARE making $$$$$ like crazy)

It sure will, their only concern is selling more toys., who cares about a story, blow stuff up and we get a show...

I remember either looking at the credits or the movie on IMDB and they had names for all kinds of Transformers (I think in the third movie) and I was thinking "WTH? Those were named and you can't even pick them out really!!!"

I thought the first three were okay popcorn movies, but the Mark Wahlberg one was awful. I got tired of the John Goodman Transformer calling everyone "Bitch" constantly.

I'm guessing

MEGATRON is "alive".....again
and he wants to "take over the world".....again
with the help of a "ancient weapon"....again
that has been "buried/hidden on earth" ....again

Looks about as all-over-the-place bad as the last one with Wahlberg.

I assume this is Unicron?

Unicron.jpg

I'm not sure a reboot would really do anything for this franchise but I feel like it's run its course under Bay.
Now a cool idea that would be Transformers vs. GI Joe. It could be done, but it would require a reboot to do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

https://youtu.be/qLA6cpLwr6A

Looks about as all-over-the-place bad as the last one with Wahlberg.

Yeah, but it has Anthony Hopkins... and Frank Welker is returning to voice Megatron. That alone guarantees my butt being in the seat.

I assume this is Unicron?

View attachment 688658

Quite possibly. It fits the bill of a planet that eats planets.

I'm not sure a reboot would really do anything for this franchise but I feel like it's run its course under Bay.
Now a cool idea that would be Transformers vs. GI Joe. It could be done, but it would require a reboot to do it right.

Didn't they do that in the comics already?

Oh yeah, they did. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_vs._G.I._Joe

"Ooooh.. that's why we have spaceships..."

[video]https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Cy_7gfUUUAA0EBW.mp4[/video]

"Forgive me." Pretty sure that is Michael Bay saying that as a cameo voice to the fans.

I REALLY loved part 1. Part 2 got significantly worse. Part 3 was atrocious. Part 4 I'm still trying to get through in parts. Part 5 just looks like garbage.

I can't believe how excited I was for part one now being basically brought to absolutely NO emotion toward this new one.

"Forgive me." Pretty sure that is Michael Bay saying that as a cameo voice to the fans.
I REALLY loved part 1. Part 2 got significantly worse. Part 3 was atrocious. Part 4 I'm still trying to get through in parts. Part 5 just looks like garbage.
I can't believe how excited I was for part one now being basically brought to absolutely NO emotion toward this new one.

Same here. The first was fun. The second was ok. After that they became more insulting than entertaining.
I think the saddest part is that I don't think they'll be as quick to reboot this franchise.

It's also funny how they just keep shoveling money at him to sink the franchise further and further, whereas other franchises usually get stopped by the second or third bad sequel.

heh... wahlberg is back.... is that ultramagnus at the end?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back