"The Tick" - a different concept

NOMAD202

Greetings! I wanted to try something different this year for the Chicago Comic-Con in August, so I decided on "The Tick." I'm not too keen on the all-spandex costume (I like a bit of flare) and I seen this image on google:

t20asp-cover.jpg

Now, to me it looks like he's wearing some type of helmet. He's probably not, but my brain interprets it as a helmet. I came up with a design that I'm going to make out of foam, this is the side profile that I interpreted from the image above:

tick2.jpg

Now, I do love The Tick's goofy persona, and I didn't want the serious comic book brow/eyes, so I made one kinda goofy:

tick3.jpg

tick1.jpg

I'll probably design the bodysuit in photoshop with some kind of pattern and send it away to get printed/sewn.

Love the tick in comics, cartoons and live action.Youve given the helmet a perfect expression. Really looking forward to seeing it finished.

GREETINGS, FRIENDS!

It's been a hectic year but I finally got around to starting this project after the new Amazon series reignited my passion for it. It was a VERY tough find, but thanks to Etsy I found a pepakura tick file and began converting it into a foam file (my first time and not easy to do).

tease.png

After a day and a half of work and a lot of curse words, it kind of resembles what I was going after. I'd really liked to smooth the hard edges out, if at all possible. If there are any foam experts here with suggestions, I'm all ears.

22007296_10155769579026663_1711222688967511604_n.jpg

I'm happy you found the right file.I know what a drag it can be trying to find the right material.
How did the scaling turn out? How much space do you have left in the helmet?

It's pretty snug, I did have to adjust the chin strap thing (shorten it) because I practically have no chin. The last time I tried making a foam helmet (Batman's armored helmet) it warped inward and was super tight, I didn't want to use a heat gun on it because I attached all the pieces with hot glue LOL. This time I used super glue gel and went over the seams with Kwik sealant. I'll probably go with E600 on the inside just to be sure, I'm not a fan of how messy it looks right now so I bought blue fabric to possibly glue on the outside of the entire thing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back