727.PNG

Found this one. Airfix 727-200

Attachments

• 707.png
    707.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:
Re: Open source Y-Wing (DaveG)

Could be a 707 made by another manufacturer, I saw three 747 kits and they all looked different.

You have probably come across this site with an image search, but they show the parts content of 50% or so of the kits https://www.cybermodeler.com/search.shtml
Thats one of the sites I use, or ebay. Sometimes it has decent pictures. I'm leaning towards Airfix as the supplier of all the struts, the only other donated one so far comes from Otaki.

EDIT...Duh! I forgot about FROG as a supplier too.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Impressive. Most impressive. Especially how you've tricked the eye and the camera into thinking you can fit all those nurnies onto the upper tee plate, which you can't. Some serious magic hands at work here... Looks fantastic -- can't wait to see it painted.

Impressive. Most impressive. Especially how you've tricked the eye and the camera into thinking you can fit all those nurnies onto the upper tee plate, which you can't. Some serious magic hands at work here... Looks fantastic -- can't wait to see it painted.

Thanks SK, I appreciate it!

The painting will be the issue. I'm not a fan the screen used job. I have no intentions of copying that paint job (even if I could, yuck...green just doesn't look right on it). I'm no artist with an airbrush either so it will most likely be an interpretation of a TK paint job based on me, since I'm the one who has to look at it. :D

Cheers

Last edited:
Oh hell yea! that is looking fantastic! What color did you go with on the canopy or did you mix your own?

Thanks Mike!

Other than the base which is Valspar white primer from Michaels. Everything is Tamiya acrylics, and I did mix the blue and the yellows, airbrushed the soot and worked in some Tamiya weathering master pastels to tone down the black and add the yellow to the pipes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back