Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

From what I know nobody ever found the source of the real linkages.People bought hundreds of typewriters and other stuff...but no part inside was like the one on the mask.
I also have never seen a resinkit from the Originalparts.

He mentioned Darth Furtive and Vader Dentist as having mounds of the original parts and I think Lord Sandy they might have made moulds themselves and passed them on to other builders buddies there's definitely originals or moulds of them out there need to find them and get metal ones cut so we can all stop guessing and trying to draw them up from pictures.
with all the different angles on them I'm noticing slightly different fixing positions for the dynodes to compensate for the different sizes and angles in the linkages

When you find the Originalparts you are the man!We all never found them over years.
I looked over months on thousands of google pics and inside of every machine I´ve found.Nothing.
I think the only way to find them is over the markings 1-4 and LTRS.
I think you could find them in the UK because the mask was built there from what I know.

I'm just going to keep looking and looking they will pop up someday and I won't keep it a secret I think everybody should know

My seagull camera arrived on Saturday for one of my correct shutters and I promptly removed it
View attachment 650208
Then I got 0.5mm staples and flattened them out and separated them individually
View attachment 650200View attachment 650201
Then I placed them on some sticky tape at the correct distance apart so all are visible through the centre of the shutter
View attachment 650202View attachment 650203
I placed the the tape with strips stuck to them face down on the back of the shutter to keep them all in place, then folded back to half way so to expose only the ends of the strips
View attachment 650204View attachment 650205
I then glued down only the ends and then let them dry
View attachment 650206View attachment 650207
after the glued dried I peeled off the tape and was left with the strips glued into place
View attachment 650210View attachment 650211
Finished
just need to paint and age this little puppy
I'm a very happy chap

Are this special staples ?Normal ones are smaller,right?:unsure

Are this special staples ?Normal ones are smaller,right?:unsure
It's a standard staple, on my gauge it says 0.5 mm, here's the box
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
With my " laser cousin " busy at work and hasn't got time to do any of my bits at the moment I thought I might have a go at doing them myself with a bench grinder and a couple of different files
so I've decided to start on the ears on either side of his head and I think metal work at school 32 years ago might have payed off
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I've just re-countersunk the centre hole fist attempt didn't look right
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Going to have a go at another part of the ears tonight x 2
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
Made this last night but I need to redo it as position 1 I've lost the outside curve and position 2 I need to curve it moe to look like the original
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Ok I've cut one complete set not happy with the small angled piece going to redo it
image.jpeg
Now i I need to find rivets and other stuff to put them together
image.jpeg
Then cut another set !!!! Oh my !!!

image.jpeg
Re-cut the small angled piece for the ears the smaller one didn't seem to fit right the bigger one is more to the original
second set now cut
image.jpeg
Now just to find all I need to put them together and allow some skin to regrow on my fingers !!!! Ouch

what do people think so far ?

Just a quick mockup on my crown with the pieces that I've scratch built to see if everything is looking good and it all seems to be ok
all fitting as it should
image.jpg

Just a little update on the ears for the VR. Had some 6mm and 4mm ally pipe delivered today so I've started to make some collets for the holes, need to file down and refine them, just waiting for rivets now.
image.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back