Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

I would like to thank Gladus63 / Cedric for my hand made Vader reveal part for the inside / underside of my reveal absolutely fantastic what a craftsman
image.jpegimage.jpeg

And and the last pic with an o-ring from my plumbing bits
image.jpeg
The original
image.jpg

Thanks chaps I'm really enjoying myself making these parts and I'm so glad you all like them too
im glad your all watching as more should be back next week

Any how !!!
While I was working today changing a ball valve I noticed something that looked very familiar !!!
does it look familiar to any body else, it's the same size in diameter as the one I've just had made by Cedric but this part is out of a ball valve from a toilet cistern

found part maybe !!!
image.jpeg
Found part with Cedrics machined part
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I wonder if this part looked different 30 years ago

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 311
While at work again today I pulled out an old air bath/jacuzzi and it had a length of 6mm clear pipe it's an old pipe the bath was dated 1981 is this the correct size for the lower jaw ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    565.9 KB · Views: 341
What can I say !!! My copper Dynodes arrived in the post yesterday.
i would like to thank Sym-Cha for pointing me in the right direction and Laser Brian for selling them to me.
Thanks fellas
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Thing of beauty

now anybody got any Glenross dental expanders ?

While at work again today I pulled out an old air bath/jacuzzi and it had a length of 6mm clear pipe it's an old pipe the bath was dated 1981 is this the correct size for the lower jaw ?
View attachment 644071
View attachment 644072

You're making fantastic progress there, love it!

I'm afraid that tubing's a little too big, you need 4mm outside diameter tube for the vocoder. I don't have my info handy but the internal diameter of the tube should be around 1mm I think to accept the copper wire and spring arrangement. :)

You're making fantastic progress there, love it!

I'm afraid that tubing's a little too big, you need 4mm outside diameter tube for the vocoder. I don't have my info handy but the internal diameter of the tube should be around 1mm I think to accept the copper wire and spring arrangement. :)
thanks gonk27 I will keep my eyes open for that size I can now stop my Mrs giving me an ear bashing and throw this old tubing away, all I've heard is " what you doing with this old pipe "

image.jpg
I think I've cracked it
just a test fit of 0.5mm flat very thin metal strips on the back of my lens looks good just need to move closer together to fit 14 strips as the original I've only got 12
image.jpegimage.jpeg

My seagull camera arrived on Saturday for one of my correct shutters and I promptly removed it
image.jpeg
Then I got 0.5mm staples and flattened them out and separated them individually
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Then I placed them on some sticky tape at the correct distance apart so all are visible through the centre of the shutter
image.jpegimage.jpeg
I placed the the tape with strips stuck to them face down on the back of the shutter to keep them all in place, then folded back to half way so to expose only the ends of the strips
image.jpegimage.jpeg
I then glued down only the ends and then let them dry
image.jpegimage.jpeg
after the glued dried I peeled off the tape and was left with the strips glued into place
image.jpgimage.jpg
Finished
just need to paint and age this little puppy
I'm a very happy chap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 300
Wow..you really want it...and I like that!:lol

Great idea with the stripes behind the shutters..I will do the same.:thumbsup

Had the second brow piece back today just need to refine and clean it up also looking at getting come small stamps for the lettering LTRS
image.jpeg
Piece no1 was not as I wanted it to come out the teeth spacing was wrong so I re-measured and had it re-cut piece no 2 is now ok clean up and refine the edges will see this little puppy done
image.jpeg
image.jpg
The lettering is looking about 2mm
image.jpg
Either going to stamp them or wait and see what the laser print looks like when it comes back

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back