Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Hi Ben, sorry haven't been on here much these days. Let me have a look and see what I've got. I was getting a load made up by someone but it's only taken about 4 years and still nothing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ben, sorry haven't been on here much these days. Let me have a look and see what I've got. I was getting a load made up by someone but it's only taken about 4 years and still nothing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply Mark always a pleasure to hear from you, more info the merrier, if I can get these right I should be able to get a few knocked up. I've still got my eyes on you (FB CFO) patiently waiting

Hi Ben

- also guilty of not checking here much lately I'm afraid..

Also as my build progresses (very slowly) details and measurements occasionally need revision, so although this is what I came up with sometime ago it could still be subject to change! You (or anyone) is welcome to use these though.

Brass Disc.JPG

Brass Disc.JPG

Hi Ben

- also guilty of not checking here much lately I'm afraid..

Also as my build progresses (very slowly) details and measurements occasionally need revision, so although this is what I came up with sometime ago it could still be subject to change! You (or anyone) is welcome to use these though.

View attachment 740563
Thank you, very much appreciated, let me see what I can turn out

Sorry I've not posted for a while, been a bit busy with work, a little update, I've just redrawn and ordered some brass discs, thanks to gonk27. as I want to see my size to gonks size.
ive also ordered a new piece for the ears, I was missing a small detail and I just could not add as much detail as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
While working and waiting for things to come back from my "laser cousin" correctly, I've been very very impatient lately over my Vader build, waiting for other people is terribly annoying!!! but there's nothing I can do but wait, so in the mean time I've done a quick mock up of my crown just to make me feel better
image.jpg
image.jpg
Still loads to do on the crown but not until I've got the base I've been so patently waiting for
also still waiting on the new size brass discs, my laser cousin can't seem to follow a simple email, 2 attempts and he's still following the original sizes I sent him months ago
image.jpg

Update..... I've got the new size brass disc back 21.6mm my old disc 24mm, I've not cut the edge down as yet, I've given it a quick rub down.
image.jpg
Ive rescaled the disc from the shutter lens on the Paris expo pictures
IMG_0818.jpgIMG_0817.PNG
IMG_0816.JPG
The shutter is 24.9 and when I've scaled the pic to size then transferred the size over to the disc, the disc measures approx 21.8 mm. So the size of the second disc is almost correct by 0.2 of a millimetre. Thanks to @gonk27 for the sizes. @sskunky did you manage to see if you had any sort of disc measurements ?

ive also had back a new design for one of my ear linkage parts that was missing a tiny detail
IMG_0819.JPG @Kroenen77 I've got one now :D
i now need to pull apart my old ears and add this new piece or build a new pair :(:facepalm

Great...I´m always a little bit confused when I see only the middlepart of the ears..can you put the parts together that I can see where the new area exacltly is?

Ah now I see..but you must just glue the little "plate"on it.
I have some more plate to cut small pieces to stick on but I must give the piece a very sharp bend then file it down thinner before I stick a plate over it, as you can see there's a very thin line ( paint cracking ) where the original was stuck together, so I must achieve a very tight bend first before sticking another piece on first.
IMG_0856.PNG
Thanks for your input Mark and a very sharp eye, always appreciated

Great news on sskunky CFO ROTJ mask I've been so patiently waiting for, he posted on FB, the first test cast should be around 2 weeks away :D OMG I can't wait ( did I mention I'm like a 4 year old on Christmas Eve)
im really looking forward to this as it will mean I can scale my parts better and make some fantastic progress

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya

I'm away for a week but will dig out my reveal stuff when I get back in the workshop and see what I've got for any size comparisons. Although I'm sure everything is more accurate these days.
Yes the rotj is in moulding and I should have the first test piece when I get back.
Stay tuned.

Update on the brass discs
I'm currently working on designing some metal discs that I can shape and put together to create a mold for the rubber surrounding the brass discs, I want to shape the top part of the disc with a file to get the curved blob effect, I want the mold to be seamless and not look like the blobs haven't been added later ( no joints or seams)
IMG_0817.PNG
IMG_0959.JPGIMG_0960.JPG

update on on the nose/lip guard
I'm having some shinny 0.5mm stainless steel cut as the little engineering shop is supposedly having trouble trying to bend what I have supplied to them to the shape I want and thinner would be better !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya

I'm away for a week but will dig out my reveal stuff when I get back in the workshop and see what I've got for any size comparisons. Although I'm sure everything is more accurate these days.
Yes the rotj is in moulding and I should have the first test piece when I get back.
Stay tuned.
Hi Mark
thanks for your reply, look forward to hearing from you

Ben

So F$%king angry and p**sed off right now arghhhhhhhh
nothing is going right !!!!!
Trying to adapt my reveal ears for the updated parts and I can't get the small pins/rivet's to hammer straight down they keep going off skew !!!! 8 pins later arghhhhh I feel like just throwing it across the room
The Dremel has just thrown a split cutting disc at my forehead !! Ouch but no blood

packing up now !!!!! I'm going to sit in a corner, rock backwards and forwards and cluck like a chicken and probably cry ( so frustrated, I was really in the mood for building today )

Had a cuppa ;)
got the first one finished, need to give it a quick refinement before priming
IMG_0961.JPGIMG_0963.JPGIMG_0964.JPG
Taking into account these are just test pieces and more will be made if I can improve anything ( especially putting them together ) need small copper pins or rivets, I would say the overall size and look are ok but input is welcome

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back