Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

image.jpeg
Found this today
thought it would do for the jaw but I think it has to many ridges

Been away for a little break, so it's time to get back to it.
Got back to work on some forehead parts I've made up 3 sets ready for some primer, I'm also waiting on a set of 2mm letter stamps for the left hand forehead linkage ( LTRS ) to be stamped before I prime, so by Thursday should see them done ( fingers crossed )
image.jpeg
Ive also worked on 3 crown linkages, I need to score 2 little groves as the original with the dremmel and prime them up
image.jpegimage.jpeg
As you can see I have a few to work on and get completed
image.png
When I have them primed up I'm going to send a set to a friend and see if they pass for a reveal helmet

Ok I've now got the 2 little lines in the crown linkage " good enough for you Kroenen77" he he he
image.jpeg
Now im not sure if I should just clean it up and leave it metal silver colour as it looks on the original but it's a different metal and colour or to prime and spray silver to also protect it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 132
My letters are made with a laser in resin.This fine letters I would engrave in the metal if your cousin can engrave deep enough.I think the originals are cast ironparts.You can also see it on the shape and the lines of the fine little arms.With bending its hard to become 100% the same shape on every arm.If I had the skills,I would cast the parts in aluminium.That would be the perfect way.

My letters are made with a laser in resin.This fine letters I would engrave in the metal if your cousin can engrave deep enough.I think the originals are cast ironparts.You can also see it on the shape and the lines of the fine little arms.With bending its hard to become 100% the same shape on every arm.If I had the skills,I would cast the parts in aluminium.That would be the perfect way.
I have a friend who could engrave the letters but each letter would cost per letter and I don't want to start pushing up the price per item, I will check the price tomorrow for engraving but I'm also going to try a jig and I'm going to try 1.5mm lettering if I can get one engraved tomorrow I will post a pic.
thanks kroenen
Ben

image.png

I've had a forehead linkage engraved but it's just not deep enough, when it's primed and painted your going to loose the letters so it's going to be a jig and stamped, going to take a short while as I need to design and build a jig

Last edited:
What an interesting few days I've had !!!!!!
Research Research Research. I've been looking back over the YUKU forum and had a real good read. It's amazing how long and how much time and effort the members put into there builds including the research. I've also noticed how many members from there are here or are they from here that went to there !! Anyhow looking over the posts I noticed a member STEVE148 who was doing a lot of parts and he said he had a couple of original typewriter/adding machine parts that he was casting and selling and also in the process of tying to identify the correct machine they came from.
The million dollar question is Did it ever get identified or have I missed something ?, I'm still researching myself ( I've never looked at as many books ) I can now name 99% of the parts in a Remington 1920s #3 typewriter. Does anybodcknow what ever happened to steve148 or has anybody got a spare resin mould of the original linkage he made ? I've now drawn up 3 linkages from different pictures from past forums and had a resin one sent to me from very kind forum member and they all are different in size and angles, very frustrating when I'm trying to get them bang on
So if anybody can help please do

help me obi wan your my only hope ( sorry couldn't resist )

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back