Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Vader_revealed_Paris%20026_zps34m0prx8.jpg

Just some reference of the orginal mask to accompany your excellent work :)

Will you go as far and also try to replicate the parts underneath that top disc?

Chaim

If you ever get around to offering a kit I'd be all over it.. impressive work!
there will be a kit of everything I make or whatever individual part people require, I must say the ears I'm working on at the moment are hard and time consuming to make by hand but the overall look is very rewarding, thanks for watching

It would be nice to know how many people would like a set of ears so I can get all the pieces together while I'm making my own

Ben

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Vader_revealed_Paris 026_zps34m0prx8.jpg

Just some reference of the orginal mask to accompany your excellent work :)

Will you go as far and also try to replicate the parts underneath that top disc

thanks chaim I will be trying to replicate what's under the top disc I've received a resin 2nd disc of kroenen77 ( thanks buddy )and I'm going to recut this from metal and I've had Cedrick machine me 2 parts from under the dome
image.jpg
Looking on top of the crown through the second disc you can see the plastic part that Cedrick has replicated and to me it looks like there is a rubber washer on top of it
image.png
The part Cedrick made came like this
image.jpg
So ive added a diaphragm washer from a toilet ball valve to look like this
image.jpg
And when I put them together I get this look I think it's getting there
what do you think ?
not a good pic because the black second disc should be silver and you seeing to much black
image.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Chaim, When I look closely at the second disc it's looking about 5mm thick and the little holes are threaded 2 or even 3mm going to be a tough job to replicate but I'm not scared of a challenge
image.png

Might I suggest you number the parts that you'll have available for purchase and then inquire who's into buying what? That way you can decide how many parts you need to reproduce or have made + some reserve for complete kits :)

I do need the ears and those parts underneath the top disc ... perhaps even a replacement top disc when I have found my resin piece to compare it to your metal version :)

Chaim

Might I suggest you number the parts that you'll have available for purchase and then inquire who's into buying what? That way you can decide how many parts you need to reproduce or have made + some reserve for complete kits :)

I do need the ears and those parts underneath the top disc ... perhaps even a replacement top disc when I have found my resin piece to compare it to your metal version :)

Chaim
Top disc size was given to me by kurtyboy

Looking on top of the crown through the second disc you can see the plastic part that Cedrick has replicated and to me it looks like there is a rubber washer on top of it
View attachment 666230
The part Cedrick made came like this
View attachment 666231
So ive added a diaphragm washer from a toilet ball valve to look like this
View attachment 666232
And when I put them together I get this look I think it's getting there
what do you think ?
not a good pic because the black second disc should be silver and you seeing to much black
View attachment 666235

Fantastic progress there, great work! :)

I intended a black 'o' ring to fit on the top of the detail that goes under the top disc when I drew the blueprint for Cedric. It's all best-guesses though until better reference of that area comes to light, if it ever does!

Hi gonk your right about all the guess work, what ever looks the best if you haven't got the right part, so at the moment it will have to do until we actually know. Great work on the blueprint by the way the part is great.

A question and info required to all who are reading this
what colour are or have you painted the reveal mask I've read a few different forum builds and I'm now in two minds about the correct silver / grey / gun metal grey to paint it. I'm not that for down the line to be painting my mask that's a while away, its for my ears when I get them put together I would like to give them a coat of paint.

please all chip in
thanks Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back