Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Just realised I’m now 2 Happy RPF birthday to me, the best thing I ever did was signing up to this forum, thanks for a great first 2 years for the rest of my life :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
HappyBirthday.jpg

Chaïm

Oh I passed your birthday.Happy birthday later!I had also this month on the 03.April!:lol

Some news about your build?Did you cut the CFO faceplate in 2 halves?
I also have my CFO cast now...I really love it.:)

Oh I passed your birthday.Happy birthday later!I had also this month on the 03.April!:lol

Some news about your build?Did you cut the CFO faceplate in 2 halves?
I also have my CFO cast now...I really love it.:)

Hi Mark sorry for the late reply, no I’ve not cut it as yet, I’m to scared to do it :lol
I’m not going to cut it up until I have my work shop up and running,
I want the freedom of my own work space, and not on the dining room table, I get an ear bashing for my beautiful wife when I make to much mess and have to constantly keep cleaning everything away.

when the work shop is up and running I will be at full throttle on my Vader reveal build,
I’m off to Australia in July for a month for a long deserved holiday and when I get back I will be starting on the work shop

have you cut yours yet ?

Ah good to hear from you...I know the problem with the workshop.And thats the reason because I built me one in the basement of our house.I have enough space for my hobby now and my wife is happy to see no Vaders and other moviestuff.:lol

No I will not cut the CFO helmet.I think I will build it like a normal ROTJ Vaderhelmet.I like the Hangar Version from the beginning of the movie.

Soooooo Ben....any updates? I still have a bunch of parts waiting in one of your drawers and have to decide, if I add them to MY drawers now or wait for them to "multiply" ;)

Cheers buddy!

Just read your post about setting up your workshop before you proceed :thumbsup

Soooooo Ben....any updates? I still have a bunch of parts waiting in one of your drawers and have to decide, if I add them to MY drawers now or wait for them to "multiply" ;)

Cheers buddy!

Just read your post about setting up your workshop before you proceed :thumbsup
they are still in my drawer along with 2 other members and a third who didn’t pay, they will multiply as I’ve got some bits with sskunky but I’ve no rush for them as he is just getting over time off work and he needs to catch up on his own back log
if you want me to send you your bits I can post them at any time you request them, but I can assure you they are here safe and sound
just let me know how you want to proceed my friend

Ben

I’m still around and can’t wait to get back on with my Vader build, current status is, I’m on with getting my little work shop kitted out, still need to get lots of stuff in there, I’ve just got the basics in there for little builds, work should start on getting it kitted out in August then back onto my Vader reveal
34A73254-AE6D-4DB8-87BB-3893E7DF475D.jpeg
In between my little builds I’m going to build a little portable fold away spray booth

Are you going to show the fully done reveal helmet.
I will be showing every detail of my build, from cutting my helmet lower jaw away, design and cutting all my greeblies right to the end of paint and display, its going to take a little while but I’m in no rush as I want this to be my million dollar master piece :lol

Anything new i am eager to see what you do with this!
Nothing new at the moment I’m still researching parts to build, looking for original parts ( very very hard to find ) and playing around with my other projects also working on my workshop space as the wife has kicked me off the dining room table, the reveal is a long hard road to go down, be patient my friend.

Ben

Anything new i am eager to see what you do with this!
Nothing new at the moment I’m still researching parts to build, looking for original parts ( very very hard to find ) and playing around with my other projects also working on my workshop space as the wife has kicked me off the dining room table, the reveal is a long hard road to go down, be patient my friend.

Ben

I’ve had a few messages lately asking if I was still on with my Vader Reveal and the answer is yes

ive been busy with mundane everyday stuff (work) but I’ve been sneaking in a little time on other little projects

ive started on remolding the LKM connectors for the collar but the resin I’m using is to brittle so I’m waiting on some F32 resin

in the pipeline I have some rubber molds with a friend, they will be made when he has time, no rush at the moment,

i did a test mold with the old resin and painted them, theses are only tests so I could see what results I was getting, brass disc will have a rubber washer on the out side of it
the LKM connector will have better flexibility and more detail, if you look on the left side of the connector it’s missing it’s little nipples
That’s shoddy paint work on the resin around the brass disc, not rough molding transferred to the resin
84F34026-E579-4560-822E-3C35618CE7C6.jpeg

im also working on the “V” piece on the collar for molding, 1st attempt was a little off but time and maximum effort will tell
70C5019E-4186-4003-A4E0-3665B8EB8905.png

I’ve had a few messages lately asking if I was still on with my Vader Reveal and the answer is yes

ive been busy with mundane everyday stuff (work) but I’ve been sneaking in a little time on other little projects

ive started on remolding the LKM connectors for the collar but the resin I’m using is to brittle so I’m waiting on some F32 resin

in the pipeline I have some rubber molds with a friend, they will be made when he has time, no rush at the moment,

i did a test mold with the old resin and painted them, theses are only tests so I could see what results I was getting, brass disc will have a rubber washer on the out side of it
the LKM connector will have better flexibility and more detail, if you look on the left side of the connector it’s missing it’s little nipples
That’s shoddy paint work on the resin around the brass disc, not rough molding transferred to the resin
View attachment 844797

im also working on the “V” piece on the collar for molding, 1st attempt was a little off but time and maximum effort will tell
View attachment 844798

thanks for the update!
Seems like you´re going to be THE one-stop shopping source for all VR needs with the exception of the mask .)

E3B502DF-60C2-476F-A962-A6D440845D7D.jpeg
Right place at the right time !!!
let me explain
I was at the scrap yard today weighing in some scrap metal and what did I see !!!
E3B502DF-60C2-476F-A962-A6D440845D7D.jpegEB02F4D2-7CD6-4FC5-8B0D-104873B7324A.png
A piece of metal grill off an old 70s stereo or radio, it was smashed to pieces with all the internal parts hanging out but the grill was still intact connected to the old wooden frame,
very very close to the backing on the collar neck/brace

EB02F4D2-7CD6-4FC5-8B0D-104873B7324A.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back