Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Blah blah blah big edit been put right thanks to a proper prop builder who knows what they are talking about ;)
Its hard being a padawan

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_5645.PNG
    IMG_5645.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5647.PNG
    IMG_5647.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5646.jpg
    IMG_5646.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5643.PNG
    IMG_5643.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5644.PNG
    IMG_5644.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi Ben

There are just two types, large and small. 1 and 3 in your pics are the same, both large size it's just that the one on the neckbrace has been wound closed, the 'Glenross' lettering is on the other side.

You open and close these using a little metal prong that you poke into the hole in the middle bit and lever it round. They also come with a short metal post that also fits into the middle hole and that's how these pieces are attached to the Reveal mask.

:)

Hi Ben

There are just two types, large and small. 1 and 3 in your pics are the same, both large size it's just that the one on the neckbrace has been wound closed, the 'Glenross' lettering is on the other side.

You open and close these using a little metal prong that you poke into the hole in the middle bit and lever it round. They also come with a short metal post that also fits into the middle hole and that's how these pieces are attached to the Reveal mask.

:)
Ahh got it now I thought the ones on the collar were the small ones (my bad going to edit last post ) and look and work harder next time:facepalm

Working on so many bits my head is jangled :facepalm
now that I've redrawn the brow linkage I'm going to concentrate on the one without the holes, the one that has the LTRS stamped into it, tryed to stamp it myself with a jig just didn't work out as I would have liked, also I was to busy with the real world ( work ) and having to do 25 for the kits it just wasn't looking right for me but I will keep trying. SO what I've done is :
now redrawn I've added a separate layer in red for the photo etching company. The red lettering denotes half depth etching on that face. I'm going to send it off for pricing so they all will be the same.
BUT I need info back as to the look of it as I don't wat to send it away, get it cut, spend money and later find out that my efforts have gone to waist as I was out a little bit out and have to scrap it and try again ( money ain't cheap ) this happened with my vocoder part ( now being re cut )
please chip in if you can
IMG_5650.JPG

Thanks Ben

Awesome work! I'm first in line for one of the 25 kits. Keep up the attention to detail, it will be appreciated by all the eventual kit owners!

Awesome work! I'm first in line for one of the 25 kits. Keep up the attention to detail, it will be appreciated by all the eventual kit owners!
Thanks Mickxc your name is on the list as long as your willing to wait,
when I get Sskunky's CFO ROTJ helmet I will be building and proofing all my parts as I go, they all seem to be looking very nice at this stage

Now that I've redrawn and had cut the face linkage I thought I would put the 1-4 in place for the photo etchers but I'm not going to have these done as yet until I get my ROTJ helmet from CFO as the helmet is my main scale item, I'm sure some of my pieces are going to be fine as they are scaled off accurate items but to be on the safe side I'm now holding back from over producing the pieces until my build, at the end of it if it looks good and accurate on mine then that's what I will eventually be offering BUT the scale will only be for sskunky's CFO ROTJ HELMET as that's the only helmet that should be turned into a DV reveal ( in my personal opinion)
IMG_0671.JPG
I've redrawn this from other members photos and information if you have an original piece or a copy of an original please please tell me where I might have gone wrong OR send me your piece to copy so we can all get a piece of the perfect action ( no harm in asking )
And here is the scale, please tell me if I'm wrong
IMG_0677.JPGIMG_0673.JPG
Version 5.3 I think I've lost count :facepalm
IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very good to me...

28297638vt.jpg

It is very hard to build the parts without a mask.And if you become a mask later its also a thing how the propbuilder has made it.(how high is the crown,where are the dynodeholes over the mask...etc.)Also the complete size of the mask itself.

Last edited:
Looks very good to me...

http://up.picr.de/28297638vt.jpg

It is very hard to build the parts without a mask.And if you become a mask later its also a thing how the propbuilder has made it.(how high is the crown,where are the dynodeholes over the mask...etc.)Also the complete size of the mask itself.

Thanks Mark
ive also thought about the height of the crown and the positioning of the Dynodes :facepalm that's a later stage problem I will have to work out

What a nightmare trying to bend the nose/lip guard 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th attempt total failure 3 and 4 are probably now in orbit as I launched them out of pure frustration
i need to try thinner metal either 0.75 or 0.5 but I don't want to loose the look of it if I go thin then i might have to give it a heavy chrome plate to give it the correct look also might have to go slightly bigger holes as the chrome will close them up
IMG_0681.JPGIMG_0680.JPG
I will try again later this week

Ok as promised I've got the lower jaw teeth or zippers back from my "laser cousin" and I've had 4 different sizes cut from left to right 1mm , 1.2mm , 1.5mm , 2mm
please all look closely and tell me what will look the best on the DV reveal my personal opinion and trying to scale them I would say 1.5mm
please comment as the size with most votes gets cut for the kits
IMG_0683.JPG

1mm seems very thin in hand
image.jpg
Kroenen77 (mark ) I've still got your address I will send you a few put them on or near your build and compare them and post some pics on here so we can compare :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back